First of all, let me just say I LOVE my new truck! It is the fully loaded 4x4 Crew Cab SLT with the All-Terrain package, and it is gorgeous and extremely comfortable and quiet. There are a ton of thin...
First of all, let me just say I LOVE my new truck! It is the fully loaded 4x4 Crew Cab SLT with the All-Terrain package, and it is gorgeous and extremely comfortable and quiet. There are a ton of things that I love about this truck, obviously, or I wouldn't have shelled out $50K for it (these trucks are expensive!) This truck replaced my 2011 Sierra SLE Crew Cab, and this thing is a huge improvement. Having said all that, there are a few things that I was unimpressed with. Most of them have to do with the infotainment system. Hopefully GM will fix them in the near future.
1. There is no separate dimmer for the infotainment system. The navigation system can overwhelm the driver while the gauge cluster is so dim you can barely see it.
2. The infotainment system does not have climate control features (Ram's does)
3. There are no downloadable apps. The owners manual hints that there are, but I beg to differ. Maybe these will come with an update?
4. The navigation is slow and does not predict your entry as you type (my 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer's navigation system was much faster and easier to use)
5. The touchscreen is not very responsive. Simple gestures like swipe or drag are nearly impossible to execute on the screen.
6. The Bose system is amazing! But it doesn't extend to the rear seats. All of the great sounding bass is in the front speakers, which makes me wonder if the rear speakers are amplified at all, or if they are even Bose.
7. The favorites buttons on the back of the steering wheel are annoying. You have to push it once to enter the "favorites selection" mode and then push it again within a couple seconds to actually change the station to the next favorite. If I push the button up or down, it should immediately change the station forward or backward (like any other car I've driven)
8. The pause, rewind, and fast forward feature is a really cool idea, but in practice it's not as helpful as it could be. If you pause the station to run in to the gas station or something, you lose whatever you were listening to. The second you take the key out of the ignition and open the door, the system stops recording and the memory resets.
9. The convex mirror is tiny and useless. And it is only on the driver side.
10. The key/keyfob is archaic. Why is the keyfob still separate from the key? They key itself is flimsy and cheap looking. And, there is no push button. Every other manufacturer seems to be replacing keys with a push button and a transponder key. I'm not sure how the designers at GM missed the memo.
Finally, like I said, I LOVE my truck. The takeaway here is that these trucks are fantastic, and you have to be really nit-picky to find problems with it, but in my humble opinion, there are a few things that I really hope GM fixes to make them even better.