2014 Sierra 1500

2014 GMC Sierra 1500

2014 GMC Sierra 1500

4.4

Have you driven the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500?

great truck

by MSB870 from Arkansas on Fri Mar 06 2015

This is the best truck I have owned so far. I have a 2014 1500 Sierra double cab with the Z71 4x4 package with the 5.3 engine. This engine is plenty powerful for what you need it to do. It has the best gas mileage in it's class so far. The ride quality is smooth like Ram's ride quality and not bouncy and choppy like the Tundra that I had before that. The truck is well designed on the inside and outside and I love the usb ports and light inside the center storage compartment. I love the side steps on the bumper as well as the cargo bed lights. The infotainment center is very nice as well and I have not had any problems so far with it. It paired my Apple iPhone 6 with ease. I love the Sierra's design over Silverado's design since Sierra has a more upscale look. I wished the truck would have come with an under seat storage in the back like most brands have. Buying a gear box at my local truck accessory store took care of that. If there is one thing that GM could do as well as other manufacturers out there and that is please do not put Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires on these trucks. The SRA tires ride rough and have mediocre traction and are not designed for a pick up, SUV maybe, but not a pick up. I replaced the tires with Hankook Dynapro ATM which have excellent traction and smooth ride. This is a worthy truck to own. It is also handy if you have a GM Capital One card which will earn you discounts on GM vehicles. It helped me out.

2014 GMC Sierra SLE

by slapshot from Lowell, Michigan on Mon Apr 07 2014

I've had this truck for a little over 2 months now (1980 miles currently). I was concerned about the mpg's initially but at around 1,000 miles it just took off and I'm consistently getting 22-23 highway in the 5.3 V8. Just think "smooth" when you're taking off and keep a couple of extra pounds of pressure in the tires. I think GM missed the boat on a couple other small things, like the bed lighting button. It should give a tell, as in show something on the button itself when it's on. It doesn't (but it does have a 10 minute shut off). And the button itself should be on the fob as you're usually out of the truck when you need the light. Just had a recall today (4-7-14) for a transmission cooler line. Evidently they can leak and fail. Not good. I know of an older model (07) Silverado where one of these failed and it was a mess and over $6K to fix. All the criticisms I've read of the entertainment system is true. The swipe motion and favorites and the touchscreen in general just isn't very responsive. But I've seen the F150's and that's worse. Plus I've my smartphone sync more than once. The voice commands generally work well. There is a terrible gap surrounding the tail gate and at the upper front corners. I have a folding soft cover that's pretty tight on top but the water and dirt still get in. If I lived on a dusty road or something I'd look into sealing it better somehow. Thinking about a piece of duct tape inside under the cover at the front corners (won't show anyway). Having said all that I'm still happy with my purchase. Rides smooth and quiet. And after only two months of winter driving I feel it handles the ice and snow as well as anything I've ever driven (General Grabber tires). I ended up with those tires after the dealer had to go the next town over to get the exact equipment I wanted on the truck. However, they've been solid performers, smooth and quiet. Have not been off road at all yet. Waiting for hunting season for that.

Uses car for Towing

I am a GMC Believer

by Bearhead from Boston, MA on Wed Mar 19 2014

I am only three weeks into owning this 2014 Sierra 1500, SLE package, and am thrilled at its engine perfomance, styling, comfort, quietness, and handling. Having owned two Silverados prior to now, obviously I am a big fan of the big GM truck. But I beleive that the value engineering in the Sierra is better than Silverado, though the latter truck is no slouch either. I would not waste money on the SLT package though, the SLE has plenty of neat features and you can save some money . PS Thank God for the backup camera, it has already saved me once from disaster.

Awesome Truck

by BigEasy from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Nov 29 2014

I've had my 2014 5.3L SLT 4X4 Crew for about a week now and I love it. I've had an F-150, Frontier, Tacoma, Ranger but none of these compare to this truck. It is almost perfect. It rides like a Cadillac and it is very practical as a family car. The only thing I don't like is the city driving. I'm averaging 13.5 mpg on the street while mostly driving uphill. Downhill street driving averages about 17mpg. Freeway driving averages about 21-22 which is great for a V8. The truck has the power there when you need it as well. I hope I'm not affected by the recalls on this model. One thing I have noticed is on speed bumps it bounces quiet a bit. Overall it I'm very happy with my purchase.

Awesome, but it is the little things...

by East Texas Rymal from Center, Texas on Wed Dec 11 2013

Awesome, comfortable, would buy again. But, those little things.... Sometimes it takes a moment to find the seatbelt receiver. Not sure if it is too low or blocked somewhat by the seat. The seat controls, just like most other pickups, might be a tight squeeze to get to, due to the seat and door having a tight space. I find the headlights dangerous in rural areas. The illumination is too narrow, and when turning into a driveway in the dark. The culvert is totally in the dark and you may not know where the driveway's edge is over the culvert as you swing in. Most other vehicles have enough lighting spillover that you would not have a problem. Honestly, there needs to be side illumination for turning in. The radio audio is great. Just go into the EQ and kill the midrange. Interior lighting is fantastic. Driver's seat takes a lot of patience in getting the fore/aft steering wheel position, seat height correct. In some ways, there are too many position options. Mirror memory position works extremely well. Finally, this truck is a 4WD SLT. Holy Cow it was expensive, but I am pleased with it.

Recalls and other problem

by Charles from Minnesota on Tue Sep 09 2014

I drive a 2014 1500 Sierra all terain 6.2L. The truck is an nice looking and has power for days. On the down side I have had 3 recalls on various fittings and couplers. The huge issue for me is an ignition problem were the key stays in the cranking position not releasing to the run position. GM won't acknowledge the issue and I have been waiting 2 months for a solution. They are going to have to change out the tumbler, which means a new key, in turn means new door locks, tailgate locks, spare tire lock, etc..... I only have 2400 miles and all this has happened. I the end buy a ford or Toyota.

Uses car for Towing

Does not recommend this car!!

BEAUTIFUL TRUCK

by COACH from hARROLD tX on Wed Sep 04 2013

eXCELLENT STYLE AND COMFORT. qUIET, SMOOTH RIDE GOOD MILEAGE, EXCELLENT ENTERTQAINMENT CENTER . HEAD TURNER.

Overall, an excellent truck.

by Madhatter from Oklahoma City on Wed May 14 2014

Improvements: -Outstanding interior. Soft touch design and road noise isolation are well ahead of previous 900 series. -Engine power. Much better than the Gen 4 LS engines. Shifts between V4-V8 modes seamlessly. -Handling and road manners are excellent. Electric steering gives just the right amount of feedback. Deficiencies: -Halogen projector headlights are terribly dim. -No rear AC venting in crewcab/doublecab. -DIC fuel use average highly "optimistic". Reports average of 18.7 to 19.5 when actual use is 17.0 to 17.5.

2014 sierra

by gmguy from Tomah,WI on Fri Nov 29 2013

Disappointed GMC couldn't do better. Headlights are terrible, they only light the center of the road which makes it difficult to see to turn. Interior lighting is bad, only two small LEDs on ceiling, nothing in floor area. Steering wheel radio and cruise controls are mounted higher and no longer at your fingertips. no independent brightness control for the infotainment screen. Outside temp reading takes forever to update. Piping on leather seats wears holes in my jeans and makes my leg sore when I get in and out a lot. Key FOB rattles against steering column when going in driveways or off road. How many vehicles still use a separate key and FOB. Side mirrors are too small and the inside lower corner that would show you where the rear wheels are has been chopped off. The little convex mirror shows the same view as the regular mirror, don't know the purpose of it. Couldn't order integrated trailer brake controller with regular smooth ride suspension. GMC already had a great truck and they had a chance to really hit the ball out of the park with this one, but they dropped it.

Does not recommend this car!!

Work and Family Truck

by Truck person from on Mon May 19 2014

This was the type of truck I was hoping for. When they came out, I was all over it. Love the convenience inside, along with the interior. Still not quite in love with how the seat feels, but it has multiple adjustments. Maybe it just needs to be broken in? Owned my last extended cab for 9 years, and simply loved sitting in the seat, it was that comfortable to me. The gas mileage my new crew cab gets is fantastic, and still have the power available as needed. The seat in the rear is comfortable, legroom is awesome. Overall, I love this truck. Great color my wife picked out.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12