2014 GMC Sierra 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2014 Sierra 1500 GMC
Explore the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500
Shop the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500
2.7

Major issues with this vehicle. I wouldn't recomme

Replaced transmission and paint peel also engine piston number 7 failure. This vehicle is loaded with failures. The mapping system fails and has to be reset.

4.4

Bad paint

They have very bad paint peeling problem, they also have a hesitation at take off , good ride ,good interior comfort , fair fuel mileage fair power, we have two in the family, I am very disappointed in the paint peeling issue,I have a 2005 2500 paint is good.

1.0

not a Loyal company

The vehicle that I looked at they said it had went to their shop and was checked out. When I looked underneath the vehicle transmission lines were leaking. And they said Leaky lines are OK. But in my experience if you don’t fix this it could cost you a transmission which is thousands of dollars they say it’s not their problem.

This truck meets all my needs.

My 2014 GMC Crew Cab looks and drives nice. I had no problems with St. Cloud Toyota. My sales person was wonderful to work with.

Best truck I've driven

This truck has almost every bell and whistle I can think of. It has completely exceeded my expectations. It is a smooth ride. It has all of the comforts I could need and more.

Love it

Truck was just what we wanted, Plenty of room, Leather seats, Power everything. Tow package, Bluetooth, OnStar, Sirrus/XM, Pandora, Sliding rear window. DVD player. 4X4. Locking tailgate.

2.9

overpriced, falling apart, poor quality

These people must have stock in GM because I would never own another gm after this truck. Crewcab SLT, nothing but disapointments and failures. first for 57,000 i expected more. Navigation requires Onstar sub. all you get is a compass on the screen no maps. Radio reception is a joke probaly to get you to xm sub. Heated seats failed under warranty 3 times then i gave up after seat backer was broke by dealer. Third brake light leaked ruind headliner. headlights are like candles with no output LEDs fixed it. there is no vents for rear seat if you have children dress them warm in the cold. center console is rediculous and to big. now on to the real cheap out by GM. 65,000 first trans went out coverd under warranty, frame rusting bad they painted it at dealer, drivers seat moving aroud as going around turns. 120,000 another trans this time torque converter, radiator, complete a/c system replaced, vacuum pump changed and repaint frame while trans out, The wax coating falling off in sheets leaving stains in my driveway and rockers start rusting out. 165,000 another Trans and torque converter due to metal shavings in trans, frame repainted, really rusty. had new rockers intalled. Now this is all in 5 years, the trans all of them would downshfit like you had an engine brake, it did not know what gear to go in unless you stomped on it, the worst thing I ever driven, ever! GM drpped the ball and i could not wait to off it everytime I came close to paying it off something would break and these are not cheap to fix, you need dealer to program everything. I purchased a ram and will never ever own a GM product again!

Great Looking Truck, Great Features

First of all, I LOVE how this truck looks. It's a man's man truck. Great features, great power, only thing it's missing on my model that I wish I had is retractable rear view mirrors. Transmission isn't as smooth as I'd like but it's a truck. I think this has been remedied in new models with more gears.

4.3

Beautiful truck with flaws

Truck is more luxurious than most cars. Stylish, on the outside, with all the creature comforts on the inside. It drives well, and has adequate performance. Now for the bad news. The 2014 model has AWFUL headlights. They lack power, and offer no peripheral light when makin 90 degree turns. It’s dangerous. I’ll be getting a different truck soon.

It's an awesome truck!

We love the truck for where we live and the activities we do. We have animals and need a good reliable truck for all of our uses.