2000 Civic

2000 Honda Civic

2000 Honda Civic

4.5

Have You Driven the 2000 Honda Civic?

Great Car

by Dan from on Fri Aug 14 2009

I had a base DX for 6 years and I put about 50k on it. The car was a great starter car. I got more than 35mpg combined all the time (my best was 41mpg on a highway run). I would buy another one in a second. Great resale value.

Best car I've owned

by Jdm richie from Brooklyn ny on Mon Jan 16 2012

Ive owned pretty much all models of the 1999-2000 Honda civic from the dx all the way to the si. Which all of these cars brought much excitement and great mileage to the gas. With this car you cannot go wrong

Love my 2000 Si coupe

by old rally guy from Southern California on Fri Aug 28 2009

I bought this car new 9 years ago. It now has over 80,000 miles on it. - looks and runs like new - I do NOT drive this car slowly. The Si version has zip (160hp) and handles great with the right tires. When new it was the hottest thing on the road for the price ($18,000)- in less that 2 years it was eclipsed by more and more powerful cars in its class - up to more than 300hp. Even the 2009 Si is only 197hp. Ive owned Hondas and Acuras since 1978 - the rule is - do the recommended maintenance and it will keep running. Only recommendation - more torque!

Old Faithful - But keeps getting stolen

by City Driving Nut from Chicago, IL on Thu Mar 22 2012

I love Hondas. Had them for 23 years. First, an Accord, brand new (1988). Kept it for 18 years and thought it was time for a change. I bought a 2000 Civic EX and LOVED the power, the sound system, the size, and handling. Excellent car in the snow, as was the Accord.The only reason I gave it a mediocre score for comfort is that I am a tall person (5'9") and the car is quite low, making it both hard to get in and out of with packages and making it difficult to park on city streets with too-big curbs. Great gas mileage, and no major repairs, only brakes, battery, oil changes and tires. Unfortunately, this car was stolen twice in 5 years. I just can't take it anymore, so I am giving up the car I love. The car I trust. The most dependable car out there. The bad guys won, I guess.

Reliability is so underrated

by Chicago commuter from Chicago, IL on Tue May 23 2006

The Honda Civic is the perfect car for the city. Sure, it doesn't go from 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, but who needs that when your top speed in an urban area is on average 30mph? I had a Civic for 5 years, put 65,000 miles on it and never once had it in the shop for mechanical problems. My next car will be a Honda for sure.

bobbydrums65

by bobbydrums65 from Lynn, In on Fri Dec 15 2006

we owned about ever auto mfg, Had several Honda's with over 300,000 miles and never a single porblem, IF you want a car that will keep going and going and going get a Honda we are on our 5th Honda, Wife has a CRV she is a rural mail carrier,

Best car ever

by honda lover from on Tue Apr 03 2012

I loved my Honda civic. Even though it was basic transportation, it was extremely reliable, looked good, fuel efficient and maintenance efficient. In 155,500 miles, no problems. Highly recommend this car. I've bought a newer Honda but will always love my civic. (Don't tell my new car.)

Honda Civic

by Homelss in My Honda from Naperville, IL on Thu May 18 2006

This is a great car, i should know- I lived in it for 2 years while I was putting myself through college! I have had two accidents in it and it still drives great. Very safe. My last car was a 96 civic. They both lasted forever, well untill i totaled them. Gas mileage is good- I drive from naperville to dekalb, il everyday and fill up about every other day. Sound sucks though- this car picks up a lot of road noise- i can't even hear the music wit the original sound system!

Excellent car

by Carguy from Minneapolis on Sun Oct 30 2011

Great gas mileage and very reliable. Honda over Toyota for the best value. I've owned both, and Hondas have always been more fun to drive and less hassle to maintain. Also, the handling is actually quite good in the snow for a compact vehicle.

Always Runs Great

by Car Enthusiast from Ann Arbor on Thu Apr 05 2007

It's not the fastest car but it is always reliable and you can always count on it. Never had any problems with this car. I plan on purchasing the new civic within the next year. Hondas run for ever and have no problems.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2000 Honda Civic

There are compact sedans with more power, there are compact sedans better equipped to catch the eye, and there are compact sedans that are significantly cheaper.

But for all that, I don't think there's a compact sedan going that's any better than the new Honda Civic. In fact, it's hard to come up with another car in this class that's even as good as the Civic.

That last assertion, of course, will be open to some debate, particularly if snappy styling is a big priority. The Civic's lines and detailing are smooth and contemporary but not vastly different from the previous model and certainly not as distinctive as the looks of the Ford Focus or Dodge Neon.

On the other hand, demure styling hasn't... Read More