2012 Civic

2012 Honda Civic

2012 Honda Civic

4.5

Have You Driven the 2012 Honda Civic?

Nice

by Highway king from Ohio on Wed Jun 15 2011

I drive 100 miles round trip for work daily. I down sized because of gas prices. I was worried going from a full size truck, but the civic is really comfortable. I was ready to by the elantra limited after reading reviews, but after the test drive...NO way. It felt cheap and unrefined. I test drove the civic exl twice, what a ride. This is my first Honda and will be pleased if reliability is good. After one week I average 38+ mpg with about 90% highway driving. I gave a 4 for performance because I'm used to more power, but hey it's an economy car. I really like the one touch sunroof and blue tooth. Highly recommend.

For the large in size.....It works!!!

by MB from Kansas City on Fri May 06 2011

I am 6'0 and 360 pounds. I am a traveling nurse and drive many miles a week. Comfort is important as well as good fuel efficiency. Two difficult qualities to reconcile. Honda has done it. I also own a 2011 civic and it is difficult for me to get in and out of usually rubbing either my right shoulder or my posterior end on the rubber door trim causing it to wear out and rip over time. The new 2012 does not have this problem. They have made the opening better in the right places. There feels like much more room in the driver position. More room between me and the dash. I can enter and exit the vehicle which I do all day long many times without problems. It is quieter, able to use built in blue tooth without problem. Is the older model more fun to drive? Perhaps. It has the sportier feeling and cool racing steering wheel. But this 2012 is much more comfortable. I have the ex-l. I drive all day without back pain. There is no lumbar support but not needed with these seats. They hold you in in all the right places. The awful parking brake has been replaced so as not to rub on the right side of the leg. The door panels are skinnier giving more room for the left leg. Over all it feels classier. Like being in an accord. I was greatly dissapointed the forst week as it felt sluggish and the cruise would lose 5 mph when going up hills. I de-selceted the green econ button and it then was just as peppy as the older version. And I am getting as advertised mpg. 32-33 around town combined hwy and city. Got 37 mpg when I drove 75% hwy. The style may be a bit uglier and not as "fun" but for all the increased benefits of more room and efficiency I don't care. Honda has achieved perfection in my book. One thing they need to change.....Start including xm sat, blue tooth, more power outlets, etc. in base model like Hyundai. I hate having to pay for sunroof etc. to get these features. Blue tooth should be standard on all cars for safety hands free driving. Come on Honda, you may be left behind if you don't start adding these. Hyundai is not going away.

BEST CIVIC YET

by LOVE MY 2012 CIVIC from New York, NY on Sun Jun 05 2011

I was fortunate enough to actually find an EX-L in Charcoal grey. Fully loaded. This car has one of the smoothest rides, most comfortable seating, and a cockpit that has everything at your fingertips. Honda designers hit a gramd slam on this ine. This is the best civic yet. Average 40-46 mpg on highway, and 35-40 around town using the Econ button. I would highly recommend this car to family and friends. The fit and finish is impeccable, and the quietest rides of any I have driven in its class.

Car is better than reported

by Tire kicker from Atlanta, Georgia on Sat Sep 03 2011

I have owned a 2012 Honda Civic LX for over 3 months and actually like it. I had test driven other compact cars and actually liked the room, ride and comfort of the Civic over the others. I still drive a big Ford Crown Victoria and the Hondas ride is pretty darn good compared to the Ford. The interior could be made with more padding and soft materials so that the Honda would not look so cheap. The seats are comforatable. The A\C works great which I really didn't expect as there is so much glass on the Honda. It has good visibility with all this glass area. The 5 speed automatic transmission sometimes hunts when going up a hill. The gas mileage is really good. It gets an average of 35.7 mpg going back and forth to work and scooting around the city while also sitting at those 5 minute traffic lights. So far it gets 41 on a open road crusing at 65 to 70 mph. I only have 4800 miles on it so far so it probably isn't fully broken in yet. Gas mileage can only improve. I don't care for the sport car feel as I am used to driving a large car with comfort. If I had wanted a sports car I would have bought a real sports car. This small car has almost everything that is needed to be a great car for going back and forth to work and rides well enough to take a trip in it. Time will tell how well it holds up, but since it has basically the same transmission and engine as the older civics it should do just fine. I also considered this before I purchased this car.

3rd Honda Owner

by AStewart from Lakeland, FL on Fri Nov 29 2013

I purchased my 2012 Honda Civic LX for a steal. It has 35k miles on it and it drives as if it had just rolled off the lot brand new. I have previously owned 2 Honda Accords and I was skeptical about purchasing the civic due to the fact that it is much smaller and has less performance but I am so glad I did. It's a very smooth, roomy and quiet ride. It gets up and goes when you need it to! I have NO complaints about this car being slow because it certainly is not for a 4 cyl. I did not think I would like the digital speedometer but I really do. It's simple yet sophisticated. The sleek, sporty exterior and fantastic gas mileage doesn't hurt either. Once you drive it, you will love it.

Honda Civic coupe 2012

by Car Lover from Cincinnati, Ohio on Tue Jan 31 2012

Contrary to CR this is a great little car that performs well and gets wonderful mileage. I traded my Infiniti G35 to buy the Honda and could not be happier. I am saving over $120 per month in gas. The heated leather seats are excellent and the interior look nice, not cheap at all. I have driven many high end cars (BMW, MB, Infiniti) and for the price this car is a great value! I highly recommend it.

2012 Honda Civic LX

by Agri from Toronto on Mon Feb 06 2012

Honda offered this car at an excellent lease rate. So far I have 2000km on it. I like the styling and have no issues with the interior. All the gauges are easy to read, the seats are comfy, back seat room is excellent. Many reviewers have stated the interior is cheap. I personally find it to be good for the price. I think it looks tastefull, not cheap. The engine and tranny are proven. The tranny does not hunt , shifts smoothly and works seamlessly.I bought the car as a commuter and it fullfills the job admirably. I have gotten a best so far of 6.1l/100km and average around 7.9l/100km combined, not bad at all.At 140hp and a decent not to heavy weight the LX accelerates as needed. Its not a sports car, its a commuter. The braking has good feel and modulation, Im of the opinion the low friction tires did not help in the 60 to 0 distances. I cant seem to notice the wind noise as some mention. The car feels well planted and the suspension works well with the pot holes in Toronto. If I had to pick a negative it would be the steering does have ever so slightly a wooden feel, again in a commuter car its not an issue. I needed a low cost, reliable cheap to run car that is comfortable and this LX fits the bill. The dealer here is also excellent, this is important. Cars tried, Fiesta, focus, elantra and mazda 2. None were bad, the Honda IMHO did everything well, had good pricing, is a known entity and I have good dealership support.

Most Environmental Car I've owned

by Super Saver Environmentalist from St Pete, Fl on Sun Apr 07 2013

After a long search for a reasonably priced used Honda, civic LX , we found a great deal on craigslist from a private owner. It has under 17,000miles, one owner, comfortable and economic ride. It looks , feels and runs like new and the price was better than most 2010 to 2012 Civics we considered. We are very happy with our 2012 Honda Civic and pleasantly pleased with the new styling. R E

I just paid it off, not selling it, daughter gets

by Crazy Kim from Greenville, SC on Thu May 30 2019

5 star safety rating, up to 45 mpg hwy, low maintenance cost, all these are highlights of why I want my 17 year old to have this 2012 Honda Civic EX as her first car. The digital display of mpg has spoiled my analytical nature. The kids have used the heck out of the usb connectivity. I have chauffeured kids and run a cleaning business out of this roomy, reliable, gas saver. There are very few cons on this car. The low profile makes it impossible to make any errors in clearing old speed bumps, road kill, quick stops, or if you go off the pavement for any reason. The plastic oil pan protector was a goner after just a few weeks of purchase. No need trying replace that. The starter needed repair once which was a complicated issue, but that is it in 7 years of ownership. I am hard on cars and this one has stood up well.

First Car

by Going to College from Delaware on Sun May 11 2014

All my family buys is Hondas so I decided to follow the tradition and I am glad with my decision. I bought a used Honda Civic Coupe 2012 EX for a great price and so far I have very little negative things i can say about it. The control on the car is very good and you really feel like you are in control of the car. The exterior on a coupe looks pretty good as well, the design is very smooth and sporty. This, however, is no sports car and you can tell it has a small engine when you put too much weight in the car. The fuel economy is great when you take care of the oil and everything, I am getting about 32 mpg going to school and back. The interior design is a little plain but when you get used to it it's not a big deal. Civics have a good reputation of being reliable cars so if reliability is key for you this is the car you want. If you want a reliable, fuel efficient car with a little power, this car is perfect for you.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34

Our Take on the 2012 Honda Civic

Sport-compact enthusiasts, I have some bad news: Make a sign, bang some drums, occupy the local auto mall.

The 2012 Honda Civic Si has gone soft.

The Honda Civic’s performance version has been around since 1985, and the nameplate’s ninth-generation redesign gets the largest Civic engine ever. While it scoots with newfound power and gets better gas mileage, the high-rev pizzazz and handling poise that gave the Si such unique appeal — even as its competitors got faster — are gone. The ninth-generation Honda Civic chose comfort over dynamics, and too much of that rubbed off on the Si.

This review details the Civic Si, which comes as a coupe or sedan with a six-speed manual. Click here to... Read More