2006 Azera

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

An Impressive Luxury Car Bound to Impress

by A Driver Who Wants It All from San Diego on June 16, 2006

Quiet and powerful, the 2006 Azera impressed me from the get-go. Stirling exterior design is matched by interior quality and comfort. Boasting outstanding standard features, the Limited model with the $2500 ultra package pushes the car into the same realm as the Lexus 350, but at a less than $30k cost. Driving the Azera is smooth, albeit a little floaty in the curves, and acceleration is responsive. There is plenty of foward and rear seat leg/head room plus soft leather heated seats then offer excellent back support. With the 300+ watt Infinity sound system playing, the ride is deathly quiet to outside noice. Added features of 8 airbags, rain-sensing wipers, dual climate control, auto-adjusting drivers seat, power passenger seat, electronic stability control, full-size spare with alloy wheel, and more, the car omits only navigation system from its full line of features. Compared to the Lexus 350, the Toyota Avalon, the Chrysler 300, the Azera may only be second to the far more expensive Lexus which doesn't have as good a warranty as does the Azera.

Most reliable car I've Owned

by Vic's Azera from Philadelphia on September 25, 2010

I have 06 Azera Limited w/ultimate package which includes power everything, sunroof, power folding side view mirrors, rear sunshade, 6 disc changer/mp3 player with infinity speakers, leather seating, woodgrain etc. It only had 7000 miles on it when I purchased it in 2007 so it had and still has a ton of warranty left. No problems to report at this time just oil changes, brakes, air filter and wiper blade inserts. The 3.8 V6 is strong and almost silent. MPG could be better in the city other than that I have no complaints and would buy it again unless the Genesis or Equus is in my budget.

A very nice car, but minor parts are unreliable!!

by Used car consultant from Greenville, NC on February 21, 2012

I bought a 2006 Hyundai Azera, Limited in Jan. 2012. Before purchasing this vehicle, I checked many dealers from NC to northern VA to find one that I would like to have. From these visits and various test driving experiences, I found some common issues with the 2006 Azera: malfunction CD player and rear sun shade curtain. Also, mine has a problem with the right-side rear handle knob. When my 8-year old daughter pulled it out to open the door, it broke into three pieces. I later found from the Internet that it is another common problem reported by other owners of Azera. Also, the clear coating of mine begins to fade off some areas. Other than these relatively minor issues (?), I am pleased with its internal and external designs, interior comfort, and its smooth ride. In terms of gas mileage, it has about 18 miles in a city, which is very flat and 25 on a highway. Regarding the price, I think this Azera is a much better choice than a smaller, yet newer, vehicle, such as Corrola, Civic, or Elantra. Thanks

Way better than Altima/Camry

by Guy in St. Louis from St. Louis, MO on December 8, 2010

I used to drive Nissan Altima 2.5 and Toyota Camry 2.4 for couple years. This 2006 used Azera limited make me feel a lot of funs - super comfortable, impressive power, and nice handling. If you are looking for standard sedan, I strongly recommend you to try this Azera - you will love it.

Great bang for the buck

by Just a guy from Washington, DC on January 3, 2011

I've owned my Azera for 3mths now and already it has inspired one co-corker to go out and buy one. This car drives and handles excellently and my neighbors comment to me all of the time about how stylish the car is. This car has great pick-up power and the interior is with the wood grain and leather is like something you'd expect to see in a much more expensive vehicle. I highly recommend this car to anyone who wants all of the doo-dads and doesn't have $40K sitting around.

Most Amazing Car

by Teenage Driver from Cleveland Ohio on September 3, 2010

Absolutely most amazing car out there. The interior is amazing and it has a lot of pickup. I have not had any problems at all and this car is very stylish. I can not see anything wrong with this car and i get compliments by everyone. Definitely a great buy

Great Car!!!!

by Happy Azera Owner from akron, oh on June 21, 2010

Just owned this a week now. I love it! I have owned 25 cars previously, and this Azera is hands-down the BEST I've driven. What I really love about this car is the ability to switch from driving it automatic to manual, which provides a LOT of power when you step on the gas, yet maintains an air of refinement. This car had almost 80k miles on it, so I got it for pretty cheap, but it does NOT feel or drive like a cheap car. A lot of people are sleeping on this by going with an Avalon or Maxima, but you don't know what you are missing until you test drive an Azera. Trust me on that! I plan on keeping this one, well after it's paid off! It has all the features i want.

I love this car...

by Adam B from Raleigh, NC on January 30, 2008

I've got 26K on my 2006 Azera Limited, and it's likely to become the first car I've kept long enough for the warranty to expire. Considering the 10yr/100K deal, this is new ground for me. The good: The space. I'm 6'2" and 250 lbs and I fit without a problem. I've also got a couple of teenagers who don't have a problem fitting in the back without requiring anyone up front to move their seats forward. The exterior styling. Even after a year and a half, every time I leave a carwash I get people asking me "What kind of car is that?" or "Is that the new Lexus?" I love it. The comfort: The seats are fantastic, the climate control system is top notch, and the heated seats are excellent. The value: All this for less than a semi-loaded Camry. My negatives: The center console: It looks piece-meal. Everthing that is lit is lit in different colors. The gauges are red/white/blue. The clock is green on black. The radio is grey on green. The climate control system is grey on orange. What's up with that? The radio controls on the steering wheel: You can not change the radio station up or down or change the track on the CD player. Instead the buttons switch you between FM1/FM2/AM/CD. Poor design. The panic button on the remote: Yea, it's nitpicky, but I've set it off at least a dozen times on accident trying to put my keys into my jeans pocket. It's annoying enough to make this list. The gas mileage: I'm not getting what they said I should. I took a 200 mile trip with the cruise control set at around 67mph and only averaged about 26.4mpg. Anyway, enough rambling. The negatives are all minor inconveniences. I love the car, and plan to drive it for years to come. Outside of oil changes and tire rotations, the car hasn't been to the shop. I'm hoping it stays that way. So far, so good...

a beautiful piece of machinery

by clean rider from MO on April 22, 2011

this car has all perks and no flaws for the price it sells at. i love it! its spacious and the trunk can hold two large suitcases easily.

Bang For Buck in Mid Size Older Sedans!

by raw7145 from Florida/Pennsylvania/New York on May 28, 2017

Owning this car twice over for 11 years, It is my preferred drive of the family vehicles. There is also a Subaru Legacy Premium circa 2011. I will not compare an 11 year old car to anything produced in the last 5 years. In its class for what it represented, (entry lux I believe), at the time this car was about as good a choice as you might make...in MHO. That fact that the interior just differed from Honda, Ford and Toyota vehicles was dare I say noticeable. Nothing over the top, clean rounded lines in the dash, with one of the most ergonomically fitconsoles you had seen. Everything seems to be where you need it to be without operational stress. I own the Limited Edition and the factory stereo was more than a surprise. In a few words, it sounded way better than I was expecting. AC system was frosty, heating system warm. The heated seats worked well. While the leather is low grade, it is leather. In most places. The seats are not very supportive on the sides or front. You start to notice after about 300 miles of a long trip. Just average for comfort. They are big though. Just like the cavernous trunk. I packed everything but furniture and dishes when I moved from Florida to Pennsylvania. It all fit inside the car and trunk. Nope, no room for passengers, LOL. I like the vehicle enough to drive it daily. My first vehicle I owned for 8 years. It was in an accident and had roughly 75,000 miles. The only things that wore or broke down were the driver side armrest, the driver seat left side and upper back, from getting in and out. and the rear sunshade quit. Small wonder as I would amaze the cars behind me by raising the shade everytime the car stopped at a light or for traffic. As soon as the car started moving, bam down it went. Like it was automatic, I used to smile when they would to point at it. As for the exterior. We all know our vehicles are a personal choice. Call me anti-angular. This car has one of the last rounded rears seen on cars period. The back view is the BEST! The rest of the car seems sort of french vanilla, as for styling. I chose the Aubergine colored exterior, beige interior and tinted the windows. The car rode on factory Michelein's in 17 inch size. The car when new was something different. You were able to do things wth a flick of the wheel and some throttle. BTW... 273 HP here, in an '06. The steering was very powered yet you kept control. The tires were a good OEM choice as they did well in all aspects. Even Pennsylvania snow. Very nice riding tire. Quiet too. You always seem tempted to hustle in this car despite its size. Everyone please remeber we are talking 2006, 11 years ago. I got a second Azera, same model after the crash. An older woman had hardly driven it. It had 26,000 miles on it in 2013. I drive this car today. It has 96,000 miles on it. Knock on Azera fake wood, the car never left me stranded. Neither car required any major item replacement. I did have to replace two plugs on the used one. All minor or service work only. This does not include the one occasion where I went to a local store, and the car would not start without a jump. Had the problem again and it was found to be a Hyuandai recall on the ground plug. Nothing else. Rock solid car! V-6 takes regular gas. Wishlist - Better leather. Not so overly powered steering. More solid rear shade system. More Supportive, Comfortable Seats.

1 2 3 4 5 6