2014 Cherokee

4.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
3.8 out of 5 starsReliability

2.4 FWD Limited

by macdragonfl from Fort Lauderdale, Fl on June 28, 2014

I waited to review after 3 months of ownership and 4000 miles. I purchased after my beloved Grand Cherokee was totaled. This is my 4th Jeep. This car was designed with a lot of detail. The doors shut solid. Interior is top notch, nicer than much more expensive German or Japanese SUV's. Transmission smooths out after time as gas mileage gets better. Not one issue with this SUV. The tech is world class. I get 24 mpg in city. The panoramic sunroof is awesome. It handles well, the ride is great, I feel pampered and safe when I drive it. Well done Jeep!

Really Impressed and Happy

by boomisbipper from Pasadena, CA on January 21, 2014

After my 2006 BMW X3 started costing an arm and a leg to keep up (still under 80k) I decided to shop around the compact SUV market. I should mention, we are also expecting our first child so I wanted to find the perfect vehicle that suited my wife, child and myself. After looking at Mazda CX5, RAV 4, Escape, Tiguan and Tuscon, we chose the Jeep and I could not be happier. It really blows most of these out of the water. I'm a german car guy and have always been weary of american cars but i believe those days are gone. In fact, the only other SUV I considered was the Ford Escape. Price held us back from buying the Ford. It added up quickly. The Jeep is super stylish and the front end is really the selling point for me. I'm really critical of lines on cars and an artist, so for me this is saying A LOT. I love the Range Rover Evoque, so for me this heads in that direction with style. The interior is super comfortable and quiet. It feels safe and drives like a dream. The 9 speed transmission is ridiculously smooth and so far our MPG has been around 28 around Los Angeles traffic. That is incredible considering our Honda Civic gets around 31 and my BMW was lucky to get 18.

Excellent product

by oscarp from Miami, FL on November 8, 2013

Got the Cherokee ( Latitude) in Cherry Red. The car drives great ! It looks better in person than in videos, although I have to admit that it drew my attention the moment I saw the first video online. It seems smaller on the outside, but inside is very spacious ! Love the Uconnect feature as well as the 8.4 inch screen. One year on Xm radio is great and the car has an excellent finish. Highly recommended !

a breath of fresh air into the mid-size suv market

by you know it from denver, colorado on August 22, 2013

this is the complete package! Great on road! An animal off-road. Not too many SUVs can do both very well. It seems like Jeep has gotten the formula down quite well.

Do not buy this vehicle

by Lu from Ohio on August 19, 2014

I purshased my 2014 Jeep Cherokee in December as soon as they came out. Since that time it has been in repair for over 1/3 of the time I have owned it. There is a noise that comes from inside the car like the emergency broadcast sound on TV. It only happens about every 6 weeks. Since the repair people cannot reproduce the sound, they can do nothing. I used my phone to video the sound the last time it happened. This was of little help. My Jeep also rough starts, especailly in the heat and humidity. The techs think it is some kind of fuel dampers, however, they have no fix for it. The steering wheel makes a rubbing noise in the cold weather. Since it is no longer cold I do not know if this was fixed. I would not buy this vehicle, there are plenty of other options out there. I absolutely love the exterior styling. I was offered another vehicle from Jeep, but I declined. I am running this through the Lemon Law. What a disappointment.

Does not recommend this car!!

Daughter loves this vehicle

by Ssimmons from Tifton, georgia on May 14, 2014

We just bought our Jeep Cherokee limited V6 for our daughter's graduation! We love it and it's a sporty looking SUV. Drives great and we feel comfortable that she's safe in it. Love the roomy back seat plus all the bells and whistles. Would definitely recommend it to everybody!

Best deal on the market

by Jeep Creep from Lancaster, PA on May 13, 2014

Has ever thing the big expensive SUVs have except the price. Its quiet, rides great, seat memory, heated and cooled seats, GPS, and back up camera just to name a few things. Can't wait till tomorrow when I can drive it again.

Adventure and Comfort combined

by Off the Beaten Path Enthusiast from Denver, Co on May 10, 2014

Just purchased the new Jeep Trailhawk. It meets both my husbands and my criteria. All of the capability to get us out of our off road adventures safely and securely. Whether we are driving in sand dunes or river gullies we don't have to worry. And the uconnect system can guide you back to where you started from. In addition all the creature comforts for driving around town. The park assist makes me feel like I am on an amusement park ride (look mom no hands). This vehicle is filled with every imaginable safety device. Looking forward to many years of adventures.

Blows the competition away

by Female Driver from Sarasota, Florida on January 14, 2014

I am a 46 year old female in the financial industry. Believe me, I looked at 2013 and 2014 SUVs from all makes and models in all different sizes and price ranges, plus I did a lot of online research. My whole research time was more than six months, and I compared absolutely everything on all small and midsize SUV that I could find. The 2014 Jeep Cherokee definitely offers the biggest bang for the buck for the price paid. My favorite things, as a woman, are the 8.4 inch touch screen, which is the largest in the industry as of now, and the luxurious interior, which was the nicest of any model I looked at.. The touch screen is extremely easy to use with everything on the car right there. This was a big deal for me, because I have found every car with a touch screen that have owned in the recent years to be difficult to use and frustrating, so much that I never fully understood how to operate everthing on the car, because it was such a hassle. I don't have that problem with the Jeep. I completely understand how to operate everything on the touch screen because it is so easy, and I have only owned the car for two days. The navigation system on the car works great. .I definitely recommend getting the V-6 engine. The cargo space is small compared to other same size models that I looked at, but you can slide the back seats forward six inches, and they fold down, The Grand Cherokee is seven inches longer at 189 inches than the Cherokee's 182 inches, so that's where the cargo space went. One tip: Avoid the black leather seats , if they automatically come with white stiching. It looks cheap, and it seems like it would be a real pain to keep the white stiching clean. Apparently, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee offers black leather interior with red stiching, but I got the gray and black leather two tone interior. This automatically comes with black stitching and black carpet and looks great. The back up camera is very clear, unlike some other models I looked at. So many of the SUVs on the market today look so similiar on the outside, but the Jeep's distinctive grill separates it from the rest.. At first glance it looks like the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I like that, because someone might think I paid more for my Jeep than I did. I almost bought a Jeep Cherokee back in 2000, and I am so glad they brought it back for 2014, plus the styling looks great. I like the fact that the Jeep Cherokee is new for 2014, so there are not that many of them on the road yet. I have a feeling that will change. Perhaps it will make my 2014 Jeep Cherokee hold up in value, and it can't be mistaken for an older car..

Ey...wish I would have researched more

by Jones from Houston, TX on February 19, 2015

Very stylish, comfortable seating, gas mileage is not bad for a small SUV, I like the touch screen inside. Cons: After only 6k miles, my engine light is on! I took it in and it has something to do with the oil pressure not being picked up; some electrical problem. After reading the other reviews, I'm scared. There's NO reason for an engine light due to an electrical problem with only 6,000 miles!!

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25