Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Cherokee

2014 Jeep Cherokee

2014 Jeep Cherokee

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2014 Jeep Cherokee?

2.4 FWD Limited

by macdragonfl from Fort Lauderdale, Fl on Sat Jun 28 2014

I waited to review after 3 months of ownership and 4000 miles. I purchased after my beloved Grand Cherokee was totaled. This is my 4th Jeep. This car was designed with a lot of detail. The doors shut solid. Interior is top notch, nicer than much more expensive German or Japanese SUV's. Transmission smooths out after time as gas mileage gets better. Not one issue with this SUV. The tech is world class. I get 24 mpg in city. The panoramic sunroof is awesome. It handles well, the ride is great, I feel pampered and safe when I drive it. Well done Jeep!

Excellent product

by oscarp from Miami, FL on Fri Nov 08 2013

Got the Cherokee ( Latitude) in Cherry Red. The car drives great ! It looks better in person than in videos, although I have to admit that it drew my attention the moment I saw the first video online. It seems smaller on the outside, but inside is very spacious ! Love the Uconnect feature as well as the 8.4 inch screen. One year on Xm radio is great and the car has an excellent finish. Highly recommended !

Blows the competition away

by Female Driver from Sarasota, Florida on Tue Jan 14 2014

I am a 46 year old female in the financial industry. Believe me, I looked at 2013 and 2014 SUVs from all makes and models in all different sizes and price ranges, plus I did a lot of online research. My whole research time was more than six months, and I compared absolutely everything on all small and midsize SUV that I could find. The 2014 Jeep Cherokee definitely offers the biggest bang for the buck for the price paid. My favorite things, as a woman, are the 8.4 inch touch screen, which is the largest in the industry as of now, and the luxurious interior, which was the nicest of any model I looked at.. The touch screen is extremely easy to use with everything on the car right there. This was a big deal for me, because I have found every car with a touch screen that have owned in the recent years to be difficult to use and frustrating, so much that I never fully understood how to operate everthing on the car, because it was such a hassle. I don't have that problem with the Jeep. I completely understand how to operate everything on the touch screen because it is so easy, and I have only owned the car for two days. The navigation system on the car works great. .I definitely recommend getting the V-6 engine. The cargo space is small compared to other same size models that I looked at, but you can slide the back seats forward six inches, and they fold down, The Grand Cherokee is seven inches longer at 189 inches than the Cherokee's 182 inches, so that's where the cargo space went. One tip: Avoid the black leather seats , if they automatically come with white stiching. It looks cheap, and it seems like it would be a real pain to keep the white stiching clean. Apparently, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee offers black leather interior with red stiching, but I got the gray and black leather two tone interior. This automatically comes with black stitching and black carpet and looks great. The back up camera is very clear, unlike some other models I looked at. So many of the SUVs on the market today look so similiar on the outside, but the Jeep's distinctive grill separates it from the rest.. At first glance it looks like the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I like that, because someone might think I paid more for my Jeep than I did. I almost bought a Jeep Cherokee back in 2000, and I am so glad they brought it back for 2014, plus the styling looks great. I like the fact that the Jeep Cherokee is new for 2014, so there are not that many of them on the road yet. I have a feeling that will change. Perhaps it will make my 2014 Jeep Cherokee hold up in value, and it can't be mistaken for an older car..

Daughter loves this vehicle

by Ssimmons from Tifton, georgia on Wed May 14 2014

We just bought our Jeep Cherokee limited V6 for our daughter's graduation! We love it and it's a sporty looking SUV. Drives great and we feel comfortable that she's safe in it. Love the roomy back seat plus all the bells and whistles. Would definitely recommend it to everybody!

Best deal on the market

by Jeep Creep from Lancaster, PA on Tue May 13 2014

Has ever thing the big expensive SUVs have except the price. Its quiet, rides great, seat memory, heated and cooled seats, GPS, and back up camera just to name a few things. Can't wait till tomorrow when I can drive it again.

Adventure and Comfort combined

by Off the Beaten Path Enthusiast from Denver, Co on Sat May 10 2014

Just purchased the new Jeep Trailhawk. It meets both my husbands and my criteria. All of the capability to get us out of our off road adventures safely and securely. Whether we are driving in sand dunes or river gullies we don't have to worry. And the uconnect system can guide you back to where you started from. In addition all the creature comforts for driving around town. The park assist makes me feel like I am on an amusement park ride (look mom no hands). This vehicle is filled with every imaginable safety device. Looking forward to many years of adventures.

Reliable, Sporty, Stylish, Lots of Space!

by Sourav Chaterjee from Champaign on Tue Dec 17 2013

The new Jeep Cherokee Latitude is something I'll recommend to all mid-segment SUV hunters. This segment has many players and it kind of confuses us. A few reasons why the cherokee is a good buy: 1. A jeep is a jeep. Period! 2. This jeep has an unbelievable style quotient, Just look around for one and you will know. 3. There are storage areas at places you will not expect them to find. You have one under the passenger seat, underneath the luggage area, tray added to the box between the seats, one at the dashboard with anti slip matting ideal for coins etc. 4. Alongwith heated seats, it has heated steering wheel, a favorite with me and anyone during the winters. The remote start has climate control options. 5. Lots of control buttons for add ons on the steering wheel! Controls almost anything! 6. Has voice controlled phone usage. 7. LCD screen for all controls within the car 8. Pick up which you will love. Doesnt end there, if you are looking for some real fun, you can switch to manual gear shift - an integrated setting in the same automatic assembly. 9. Completely foldable seats add up to the oddles of space for a mig segment SUV. I can go on!! This is a car which I`ll recommend strongly to anyone looking at the mid segment SUV market.

An amazing crossover

by wolfstlkr from on Tue Mar 25 2014

First I should say the if you have one built prior to mid December 2013 it needs the transmission serviced with a new update. Inside the drivers door will have the manufacture date. All the other reviewers that had issues with the transmission needs to take their jeep back to the dealer to get a updated software loaded on the transmission. I cant say enough good things about this car. Jeep thought out this vehicle very well. Its fun to drive and is deceivingly big on the inside. The first 300 miles has a few hesitations in shifting because of the transmission learning period. After 300 miles its smooth but not elastic like a CVT is. I have to look at the tac to watch it shift while cruising. But put it in sport mode it the car feels completely different with more aggressive shifting and a rear wheel drive feel to it. The V6 has plenty of power and I traded a Gen 6 Camaro for this. I got the Trailhawk with all the options except for the tech and cold weather and I don't regret it. Its feels very luxurious like a high end SUV but still has the off road teeth we all know from a trail rated Jeep.

Honeymoon period is now over

by Disappointed in CO from Denver, CO on Wed Jul 23 2014

I bought my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with a V6 in January 2014. At first I was in love with the car. I enjoyed everything about it. The ride was great, it took bumps with ease, and could tackle curb-checks like a champion. I liked the interior design, the touch screen was handy and easy to use. The different 4x4 modes were great, I used the snow mode in winter with wonderful results. I packed tons of cargo in with the seats folded. Over 7,000 miles later my initial awe with the car is wearing off and is making me regret my purchase. Interior- The interior is nice and the touch screen great, but not responsive until a short while after the car is on. Not the best in a cold winter when you want to turn the heated seats on and have to wait for the computer system to wake up. The leather trimmed seats are not durable. Everyday use will cause the leather to crease easily and nearly crack. I had to use extra product in treating the seats. I?ve had other cars with leather seats and nothing has looked this worn in the extended amount of time I drove them. The interior visibility is also bad. The thick front pillars make it hard to see when rounding corners. Not very pedestrian friendly. On the plus side the extra room you get when folding the front passenger seat forward is great. I just wish the 40/60 split for the rear seats was reversed with the 60 side on the passenger side and the 40 on the driver?s side. Exterior- The body panel spacing is bad. Very bad. It?s off by what appears to be as much as a ? inch in parts. I?m not sure if it?s sloppy craftsmanship or if they really are just that far off. The paint also does not wear evenly between panels. Mine is in white and some panels appear near yellow. Driving- I loved the ride at first. It?s very nice on bumpy roads, it absorbs them well. Road noise at high speeds is minimal and it seems to take no effort from the V6 to get up to speed and stay there. The big issue is the transmission. There is a jolt between 2nd and 3rd gear in my car and I was told the most recent tune will not address that issue. The rough shifting is frustrating and makes me wish they would have delayed the Cherokee more to actually get the transmission right. I know this is not a luxury SUV, but with 9 speeds, it would be nice not to be jolted around when shifting. Reliability- With just over 7,000 miles the PTU went out on my Cherokee. This is a very important part for controlling the 4-wheel drive system and it just broke. When researching it seems to be an unreliable part. That combined with how many people have needed transmission replacements I would expect the long-term reliability of this vehicle to be low. Once the PTU was replaced in my vehicle I noticed new rattles coming from under the dash. I?ve dealt with several dealerships and have had negative experiences at all. While it was hard to buy the Cherokee, it was harder to get it serviced and impossible to find a shop/dealership competent enough to trust. I will be trading my Cherokee in once I decide on a new car. I would not recommend the Cherokee or Jeep to any of my friends or family.

Does not recommend this car!!

Jeeps have been the most practical cars I've Owned

by Practical Driver from North Scituate, RI on Thu Dec 26 2013

Love the extras in this new model of Cherokee! The Jeep meets all my needs for weekend sports activities, house/gardening projects and every day work commuting . The Trail Hawke handles Great in New England Ski Country!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27

Our Take on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee

The release of an all-new Jeep model is not an everyday occurrence. The radical-looking 2014 Cherokee, which replaces the Liberty, has a simple formula: It looks crazy on the outside and upscale on the inside, makes the most of its interior space and has perfectly acceptable on-road performance and mileage.

The fact that a version of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee can handle extreme off-roading is a bonus, but everyday drivers will find the well-rounded new model a tough crossover to pass over.

For a photo gallery, click here.

While the Jeep Cherokee's price puts it up against the entire compact crossover class, at 182 inches in length it's sized between the likes of Honda's CR-V... Read More