2014 Cherokee

2014 Jeep Cherokee

2014 Jeep Cherokee

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2014 Jeep Cherokee?

In for PTU replacement at 1,800 miles

by JMG from Philly on Fri Aug 08 2014

Car is two months old with only 1,800 miles on it. Heard a loud metal on metal bang when making turns at low speeds - awful noise, I could feel it on the floor by the pedals, thought I ran over something. So bad pulled over immediately to inspect under the car. Then noticed a light grinding sound only when driving in first or second gear. Once at a higher speed the sound stopped. Drove it to the dealer - trying to avoid turns and low speeds! They tell me the PTU needs to be replaced and both noises I heard were related to this. Dealer had another 2014 Cherokee in for the same issue - he said there may be a recall on this. Repair is taking a week to order the part and perform the service. Very disappointed, when too soon to have any mechanical issues.

New transmission after 6000 miles

by 2014 Chrokee Latitude V6 from Chicago on Tue Sep 16 2014

Had the transmission replaced after 6000 miles, now just brought it back in with Transmission issue, would not shift into reverse, check transmission warning and all other warnings lighting up at 12000 miles.

read reviews

by Gargamel from on Thu Sep 04 2014

5 days after buying Jeep Cherokee, transmission is already gone and it has to be replaced....need to say more?

Transmission broke after only 1 week

by Ale from Florida on Mon Nov 10 2014

I purchased a 2014 Jeep Cherokee and my transmission broke just a week; the dealer wanted me to accept the car with a replaced transmission and I told them that I bought a new car, not a repair car. Contacted Chrysler and they agreed to replace my car; nevertheless, it has been over a month already and I still do not have my car. Do not waste your money this vehicle transmission is not performing properly.

Jeeps have been the most practical cars I've Owned

by Practical Driver from North Scituate, RI on Thu Dec 26 2013

Love the extras in this new model of Cherokee! The Jeep meets all my needs for weekend sports activities, house/gardening projects and every day work commuting . The Trail Hawke handles Great in New England Ski Country!

My second review after 7 months

by oscarp from Miami, FL on Tue Aug 19 2014

I originally wrote a fair review of the Cherokee right after purchasing back in November 2013. Today, I no longer have the car ! Transmission problems made me trade in the car after trying for three times to fix the problem. The transmission would jerk in the first gears, and after three failed software updates, it was just about the same. Car also had a clunk coming from underneath that could not be replicated by dealership, therefore, it stayed the whole time. Got really tired of the transmission problem, and with no fix on sight, I decided to get rid of the Cherokee before it was too late ! If you ask me if I would ever buy a Jeep in my life, I would tell you that most definitely NOT ! Do I regret buying the Cherokee? YES !

Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

by Zach from New Braunfels, Texas on Mon Dec 16 2013

I just bought a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhwak from Ray Pownall at BlueBonnet Jeep in New Braunfels, Texas. His customer service was hands down some of the best I have ever experienced. He had everything arranged,took care of every question I presented, and was more than prepared. I would highly suggest purchasing a vehicle from him as he is extremley knowledgable and very informed. The Jeep handles great, has lots of great features, and gets great gas mileage. I would highly recommend it to others as I have owned jeeps my entire life and Im glad Jeep brought the Cherokee back.

Teacher

by Teacher from Rock Springs Wyoming on Fri Jan 10 2014

The nine speed transmission and the ease of the instrumentation has been remarkable. The V-6 is zippy but still seems to get great mileage. The ability to select various four wheel drive adjustments makes it a great vehicle for Wyoming where we live. The seats are comfortable and the overall visibility is also a great asset. We are looking forward to many years of driving with our Cherokee.

All I could ever ask for in it’s price range

by Dinx Legend from Tampa, FL on Tue Jan 22 2019

This SUV is roomie enough to roll around with your crew in comfort, Quick enough to make a pass when needed, Back seats collapse level to the truck to make room to haul bigger objects, 4x4 is always a plus, the roof rack is a big help in maintaining good traveling space.

Poor Customer Service

by KRC from PA on Fri Nov 07 2014

I bought my Cherokee in August. It now has 2800 miles on it and the speedometer is not working. I took it to the dealer on 10/27/14. It is now 11/7/14 and they still do not have the part to fix it. I have been in touch with Chrysler Customer Service 4 times and have been told that the part won't be available until 11/13/14 and there is nothing they can do. I was told that they gave my instrument cluster to put it in a new Cherokee. Apparently, customer service means nothing to Chrysler. So far, I love my Jeep and I understand that things happen, but if the company will not strive to provide excellent customer service, I will buy elsewhere from now on.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 31

Our Take on the 2014 Jeep Cherokee

The release of an all-new Jeep model is not an everyday occurrence. The radical-looking 2014 Cherokee, which replaces the Liberty, has a simple formula: It looks crazy on the outside and upscale on the inside, makes the most of its interior space and has perfectly acceptable on-road performance and mileage.

The fact that a version of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee can handle extreme off-roading is a bonus, but everyday drivers will find the well-rounded new model a tough crossover to pass over.

For a photo gallery, click here.

While the Jeep Cherokee’s price puts it up against the entire compact crossover class, at 182 inches in length it’s sized between the likes of Honda’s CR-V... Read More