2015 Cherokee

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

So Far, So Good

by Matt from Dunmore, PA on May 30, 2015

So I decided to trade my much loved Dodge Avenger for something that was better in snow and had more cargo capability. I ended up purchasing a Cherokee Latitude with the 4-cyl and Active Drive I. Comfort: I haven't taken it on any long trips yet but my half hour commute to work has been great. There is plenty of space for both front and rear seat passengers. The rear seat passengers also benefit from a seat that can slide backwards and recline. They also have a fold down arm rest. I have yet to try out the heated seats and steering wheel but I'm sure it will make the winters more bearable. Visibility from all angles except rear corners are great. The rear corner issue seems to be a problem with most new cars. Performance: This is a near 2 ton SUV with a 184hp 4-cyl so it's not going to be a rocket ship. That being said, I do find the engine to be pretty peppy in most situations and never had an issue merging or passing. Overall, I do like the 9-speed and I think it's what gives the engine pep. The only thing that I don't like is that, when going down a hill, it seems to hold a lower gear. I'm assuming this is so your brakes get saved wear and tear but it makes the engine spin at higher RPMs using more fuel. Speaking of RPMs, the 9-speed allows the Jeep to cruise down the highway with speeds of 70-75 MPH at about 1500 RPMs. My Dodge with the 6-speed did that with at least 2000 RPMs. So far, I seem to be getting an average of 23 -25 MPG with a mix of city and highway driving and the engine isn't even broken in yet so I expect more. Ride quality is really good and much better than the rough riding Escape I tested. I also found the handling to be very good for an SUV with very little lean. I like the ability to adjust the AWD system to various conditions like snow and mud. Most competitors give you one setting and one setting only. Exterior Styling: This is always a subjective thing especially with a vehicle like the Cherokee. I'll admit that I was one of the people who did not like the looks when it first came out but it started to grow on me shortly thereafter. And, I have to say that I appreciate a company doing a bold or controversial design over a boring cookie cutter design like most of its competitors. I feel there is one exception and that is the tailgate which is kind of featureless. Maybe if they moved the license plate mount up there? Interior Design: The cabin is full of top notch quality and materials. I especially appreciate the little Jeep easter eggs such as the little CJ climbing over a rock on the windshield. I'm sure I haven't found them all yet. I also think the control layout is very user friendly and easier to figure out with some minor exceptions: There's no off button for the radio, a temperature nob would be easier to adjust than two push buttons, the sunglass holder doesn't have enough padding causing the glasses to rattle and the cover for the under-floor storage compartment blocks the interior lights to illuminate in there. Like every Chrysler vehicle I have driven or owned, the stereo sounds great and it's the base level system. It also gives you plenty of media options like USB, bluetooth, auxiliary, SD and good old fashioned AM/FM. No CD player but who needs it? I have the smaller 5 inch touch screen but it looks and performs good enough where I thought the extra expense for the 8 inch was unnecessary. The backup camera was also higher quality and better detailed than I thought it would be on the smaller screen. Cargo room is not bad but, by the numbers, I think other competitors offer a little bit more. I was able to fit a fully assembled BBQ grill in the back (sideways) with the seats folded. If you need more, the front passenger seat folds down. Value for the Money: I think there is a ton. For a relatively not a lot of money, you get a well equipped SUV that has one of the best interiors in its class not to mention one of the few that offer a V6 and multiple AWD and suspension settings. If you

Jeeps Rock

by Amy from Cincinnati, Ohio on August 7, 2015

I purchased a Limited two weeks ago and I love it! She is tough and sexy. Rides great and turns like a tank. Get the V6 - you won't regret it. I did extensive research before buying a car...drove the Escape, Edge, and Tuscan..the Cherokee rose to the top and was well worth the money. She is fun to drive in the summer and will be a tremendous asset in the winter (thank you 4WD)!

The Best Jeep Ever

by Jeepin'14 from Upper Midwest on October 22, 2014

This is my first Jeep, and I'm not disappointed. I have the Cherokee Latitude with the V6, 8.2 display, and cold weather package---the perfect combination for any new Jeep owner living in snow country. Gas mileage has been 24 driving around town, and the best I got on the freeway was 30+ coming home from a trip. This is the best Jeep ever---bring on the snow!

One of the best

by Farbod from Toronto,Ca on May 14, 2015

I drive my limited Cherokee 5000 miles. I am completely satisfied. In compare of the other SUVs, it is one of the best in interior and exterior design, comfort, and reliability. I like the 9-speed transmission most cause it always gives me what I want whenever I push the accelerator. low noises in the cabin and handling give you confidence to go to curves with higher speed. All in all, it is one of the best cars that I have driven after 20 years.

The nicest Jeep I ever bought

by Jeep Fan from Illinois on February 18, 2015

We bought a 2015 Latitude with the V6. Looking at the reviews for both engines. I had to convince my wife to get the V6. It has plenty of power in the Highway, and it is really quiet and composed around town as it is expected from a more expencive car. My wife was reluctant at the begining, since we used to have a 04 Liberty and a 05 Grand Cherokee. Both of these gas millage was not ideal to drive around town. What ended up smoothing out the deal was the Stop/Start technology that comes standard with the V6. That, and the added power this engine has made her a believer. We get better millage with this car than we ever did with any other V6 we had. Now, she won't let go! Another thing that we both loved, is the big screen for the controls and entertainment system. This is really simple to use and intuitive. I thing that even a technology challenged person could get acclimated to it. Plus heated stiring wheel, heated sits, 4x4, back up camera, tow package make it a great car for the Midwest winter and summer.

2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

by Jeep Cherokee fan for life from Tampa, FL on April 29, 2015

I purchased my brand new 2015 Jeep Cherokee early April 2015. It has been absolutely amazing for me and I am so glad I purchased this car. I traded in my Honda Fit for this, and would never go back. It drives smooth, feels comfortable, and has great interior features. I am currently at 800 miles on the car and I am getting about 28 mpg

Drives like a Lexus

by Jeep Girl from Long Island on March 17, 2015

Awesome leather interior and tons of tech bells and whistles. Amazing smooth ride, love the auto lift gate feature and heated windshield.

Towable vehicle

by Travelin' Man from West Covina, CA on November 25, 2014

I was looking for a vehicle that I could tow behind my recently purchased RV. I wanted something I could flat tow and wouldn't have to put on a trailer. I also wanted to use it as my everyday vehicle. The Jeep Cherokee filled the bill. I love the car, the styling, the color, the design, the handling. So far, I couldn't be happier with the car.

Uses car for Towing

Wonderful

by MMCSKPD from Pittsburgh, PA on March 8, 2015

Test Drove a 2014 Cherokee Rental 500 miles in Seattle in September 2014. (drove up Mount St. Helens) We loved it so much we bought a 2015 Cherokee Latitude V-6, Tow Package when we returned from our vacation. Now it's 6 months old, 9,000 miles. 21.8 mpg average, best is 24.5. I LOVE this Jeep! Not a single thing would I change. Comfortable, lots of power, tows my Backhoe/Trailer (4300#) in Western Pennsylvania with ZERO concerns. Simple Brake Controller install. Never a problem with Bluetooth. How did I ever get by without heated seats before? Great storage. Love the Remote start!! Had a ball out on the 15 acres in 18" of snow. Traction controls and the "SNOW" setting were unstoppable. If our 2012 Honda Civic died, I'd replace it with another Cherokee. Stop driving other Brands and just go Purchase the Cherokee....

The best vehicle I've owned

by LuvMyCherokee from Waterbury, CT on October 9, 2017

This SUV has been a godsend time and again since I purchased it a year ago. It's roomy enough for a carseat, stroller, and a ton of groceries. I've fit 5 adults in it (without the carseat of course) easily and comfortably. I have the 4-cylinder North trim level, and have been very pleasantly surprised with the performance I get out of the engine. Not to mention this SUV is a BEAST in the snow (and I live in a VERY hilly area). I have yet to have any starting, stopping, sliding issues to speak of in snow and rain. If you need a good and comfy, reliable, powerhouse of an SUV without spending a fortune, get the Cherokee!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20