2007 Rondo

4.8 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Best Vehicle for Average Family

by married with kids from San Francisco Bay Area, CA on August 18, 2008

Our family requirements: 1) safe, dependable primary family vehicle 2) seating for 2 adults, 2 children w/ car seats, occassional extra seat for 1-2 3) affordable but well equipped 4) versatile Pros: 1) Impressive std safety features incl 4 wheel ABS disc brakes, ESC, 6 air bags. Only safety feature would still like to have is reverse warning system. 2) 3rd row seat option makes Rondo perfect alternate to minivan. 99% of time, we just need seating for 1-2 adults and 1-2 child w/ car seat. Occassionally we need an extra seat in 3rd row. 3) Can't beat price for all the std equipment and features, especially std safety features and available 3rd row seating. Make sure to check Kia's web site for current rebates. Only vehicle that comes close is Mazda5. 4) Very roomy, even in 3rd row. Tall ceiling and low platform makes getting kids in and out easy. 10 cup holders seemed silly at first but have proven to be very convenient with kids. 5) Very versatile w/ both 2nd and 3rd row seats that can fold down individually. 6) Best warranty in market incl 5 yr roadside assistance. 7) Our 2007 LX w/ 4 cylinder is more than adequate on performance. MPG not great but better than minivan or SUV. Cons: 1) Not much cargo space left w/ both seats in 3rd row up. Getting to 3rd row can be difficult for adults and w/ car seat in 2nd row. 3rd row seating really only practical if it's occasionally needed. If needed regularly or often, probably better to go w/ minivan. 2) Cover for cargo space not available for Rondos w/ 3rd row seating. Someone in England sells a kit to install the sockets for the cargo cover. Even on Rondos w/ only 2 rows, cover is a $200 option. 3) Air vents for 2nd row not that effective, non-existing for 3rd row. 4) With no security cargo cover and poor ventilation in rear, would be nice to have darker tinting in rear. 5) Wind noise gets loud on freeway. 6) CD player on LX doesn't play MP3 or have jack for external player. 7) Kia vehicles have poor resale values, only consider a Kia if planning to keep for at least 5-10 yrs. 8) Not much to look at on outside but grows on you. Appreciate it's exterior porkiness when you consider how roomy it makes interior.

Kia Rondo

by No nickname from Carbondale, Pa on August 24, 2011

We just love our Ronda and are sorry they discontinued the car. We would love to buy a 2010Rondo The car handled with no problems even in snow and ice. It was roomy and we could carry a lot of things in it, lumber, paneling etc.

Really nice, solid car

by Scott from Cleveland, OH on August 14, 2008

This car is not your top of the line luxury vehicle, but it's a lot of value for the money, a very smooth ride...suspension is slightly loud, but given the smooth quiet ride/road noise...it's better than most cars i've driven overall. Kia doesn't offer a lot of bells and whistles (gps, mp3 input, etc)...but most of that can be added aftermarket without any problem. Roomy vehicle. EXCELLENT visibility. worth a look to anyone interested in this type of car.

A darn good car

by MrsBueno from El Paso on March 30, 2017

I've owned by Rondo for almost 10 years now, it has never given me a single problem. It has outlasted my Honda, my mom's dodge, and quite frankly is the most reliable car in the garage right now. We have put over a hundred and sixty five thousand miles on it, and it shows no sign of stopping. My one complaint is that the fabric seats are a little bit difficult to clean, and that's the plastic that they used in the car is of a cheap variety that is brittle. But let me say that this is a ten year old car, what more could you ask?

10 YO, I've owned it for 7, still love

by Rondo <3 from on March 30, 2017

I bought my 07' Rondo used in 10' while I was in college. Little did I know then what a great choice it would turn out to be. This bud has yet to let me down. Basic general maintenance, new brakes, rotors, tires, battery 2x, a back window stopped working, but no true issues to speak of. Very comfy, reliable, car. Tons of storage, I've moved numerous times with my Rondo, including moving my boyfriend and myself across the country.

Best vehicle I've ever owned.

by The Residence Expert from Spokane on December 29, 2016

We bought this 2007 Rondo LX new in March of 08. It was left over and the dealer was clearing them out. We got an absolutely fantastic deal. I was happy to have so many amenities for so little a price. It is now the end of 2016 and the car has almost 93K. It has been the most comfortable car, the most reliable car, the best road car I have ever owned. I think the chair high seats (think minivan) are one of the best features. If Kia still made this car I would buy it again, no question. I am, however, staying with Kia and am purchasing a Soul. Finally I will say that even though the car has 93,000 miles on it, it still looks, and more importantly drives like the day I took it home eight years ago. I'm giving the car to my daughter because I know she will be safe and have no problems.

most comfortable drivers seat

by mom of 4 from Matthews NC on July 20, 2008

the drivers seat is the most comfortable seat ever. It is adjustable in various ways and hit the leg just right. I love the way it handles and is semi- economic. Third seat is awesome for small children but takes away from most of the storage area. sound system is decent for a standard factory invoice. If I had a do over, I would go for the V6 to get the leather seat option. The cloth are light in color and become dirty too easy

worst car on brakes

by car's from braintree mass on March 3, 2008

nothing but problems with the brakes on the 2007 rondo back to dealer many times for brake problems the dealer has fixed and re fixed the brakes on this car

Does not recommend this car!!

Met everything on my wishlist

by Family of Five from San Jose, California on March 27, 2008

My wishlist - seat 3 kids comfortably, fit 6'6" husband, park in compact parking space, fuel economy, extra seats for play dates, luggage space to go away for the weekend, good price! We find this car perfect, and we looked at many! Most SUV's and many sedans do not accommodate 3 children in one row of seats. Even fewer have that extra row of seats without going in to MiniVans or over $30,000. We have tested this car well. Daily car pool includes 5 kids and car accelerates well, travels comfortably on the freeway and gives great fuel economy. A few trips to LA were easy, able to separate the kids and carry luggage. Spent a week in the snow at Lake Tahoe - no problem with the snow and felt very comfortable knowing this was front wheel drive. One complaint - the seat coverings have attracted much dirt! Everything shows and everything stains. I would recommend leather seats if you can. I am frequently approached by strangers in the parking lot who ask about my Kia Rondo. People are curious and so surprised by the extra row of seats and all of the space. This car is not an overly luxurious car with bells and whistles, yet still has modern styling and everything you need; AC, cruise control. Air Bags etc. Bonus too that all seat belts are sash and all seats fold flat, fast!

Loved my Rondo!

by Maureen on September 25, 2017

It was a great car the ten years I owned it. Never had any problems in it's operation in all those years. Sorry to see that it isn't being made anymore.

1 2 3 4