NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Soul

2017 Kia Soul

2017 Kia Soul

Have You Driven the 2017 Kia Soul?

2017 Kia Soul + = FUN TO DRIVE !!!!!

by Michael J. from Bowling Green, Ky. on Mon Apr 17 2017

This vehicle is a blast to drive! Great all around visibility, quick, responsive handling. It's loaded with features you normally wouldn't see in this price range. Tilt, telescopic steering, back-up camera, great entertainment system, bluetooth for hands free phone calls, USB port and Auxiliary port for media. Very spacious in side with lots of room. A button to switch between normal,eco and sport driving. Very peppy, yet very good on gas, combined in town and highway I'm averaging 28.5 mpg and I use the Sport setting, maybe a little better on eco. Overall all the more I drive it the more I love it. Very quiet inside, the seats a very comfortable, great leg room for me and I am 6 ft. tall. This is the first year for the Caribbean Blue and I have a feeling that they will sell alot of them, I have always liked the Soul but this color is what finally got me. Great vehicle so far and I love it more each day!!!!!!!!!!

BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK

by Badlandsnative from Myrtle Beach, SC on Mon Apr 09 2018

This little hot rod was bought off the show room floor in 2014. The exclaim model with the 2.0 engine. It had been from the East coast to the Midwest, over mountains several times and never missed a lick and has never let us down. Only down side is I wish the seats were more comfortable. I made up for this with a memory pad that works fine. MPG has been constant at 30 on the highway and 25-28 combined. We love this little car and will purchase another one with heated leather and the Turbo engine.

3rd Vehicle - Fun to Drive!

by SuperSpeecher00 from Cedar Rapids, IA on Sun Jun 10 2018

Our oldest will be turning 16 within the next year. I commute for work, so decided to get a 2017 Soul+ as a 3rd vehicle to save some mileage on our other vehicle & eventually pass it down to our son. I LOVE IT! It's fun to drive, my kids love riding in it and can see well out of the 2nd row windows, and it's really been pretty versatile for our family of 5! We travel with swimming bags, giant dance competition bags, my work bags/materials - and it has been able to be configured in multiple ways. I like the quirky styling, and the sound system is good too. For a small vehicle, it's pretty quiet. I also like that it is easy to maneuver; it's easy to drive for a newer driver (with some strong safety ratings!). I'm getting around 29 mpg for combined highway/in-town running to a ton of kids activities. I'm not sure I'm going to give it up when the birthday rolls around... ;-)

Love the Soul

by AM3 from on Mon Mar 06 2017

I recommend this car to anyone looking for a small SUV with great features. I had a 2013 Soul previously and was so happy with it that I decided to update and upgrade to the 2017 Soul. I couldn't be happier.

I love my Soul!

by mwalkerg from Washington, DC on Wed Oct 03 2018

This is a fantastic vehicle. You get a lot for the price and it is just cute as heck! My only complaint would be that it gets terrible gas mileage in the city and sometimes has difficulty going from nearly stopped to highway speeds quickly (when you need to merge into traffic). But I just truly love this car!

my Kia soul

by barbrajeens from camp verde,az on Tue Jun 26 2018

It is cute, it goes but it isn't powerful, at least for my needs. The sound system is good and I find the Kia reliable and a good warranty

VERY BEST VALUE FOR THE PRICE, VERY GOOD WARNTY ,

by JANETKIRSCH from HOUMA LA, on Tue Apr 04 2017

2017 KIA HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN A NEW CAR. lots of room,good gas millage, look good, drives and handles very well.

Awesome little SUV

by Wendy Soul! owner from Meridian, ID on Tue Apr 04 2017

I am a sports car driver but needed a vehicle to transport my grandkids. Got the top end Soul! with the turbo and panoramic moonroof. It is sporty and handles really nicely. May turn out to be my primary vehicle...

Above and Beyond Expectations!

by Happy New Owner from Danville, Alabama on Sun Mar 19 2017

The gas mileage is better than advertised. The handling is sweet. The room and cargo capability is a steal for the price.

Pleasantly surprised

by Patzak from Bourbonnais, iL on Thu Mar 09 2017

We didn't know we would end up choosing the Kia Soul, we are very happy with it. We are even considering buying a second one. Who knew :)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 44

Our Take on the 2017 Kia Soul

The verdict:

A new engine for 2017 gives the Kia Soul's top trim, the Exclaim, a premium experience — but it comes at a fairly steep price.

Versus the competition:

The Soul is a boxy front-wheel-drive hatchback that splits the difference between conventional hatchbacks and taller vehicles typically considered SUVs, most of which offer all-wheel drive. It offers a lot of features for the price but struggles when it comes to driving refinement.

Exterior & Styling

The Kia Soul is boxy; given its fairly high ride height, it could be mistaken for an SUV. Its proportions are good and the upright styling helps the Soul stand out in a crowd.

The Soul Exclaim has a few styling tweaks to separate it from a regular Soul, including red-accented body trim, a chrome grille surround, a unique tailgate badge and dual chrome twin-tip exhaust.

How It Drives

Interior

Ergonomics & Electronics

Cargo & Storage

The Soul has a smaller cargo area than one might expect from its boxy body; the fairly shallow cargo area behind the backseat is closer in size to a sedan’s trunk than a hatchback’s cargo area. If cargo-carrying is important to... Read More