2015 Mazda CX-5 consumer reviews

Explore the 2015 Mazda CX-5
Shop the 2015 Mazda CX-5
4.4

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

Great gas mileage, Automatic, HomeLink, smooth ride, lots of rear hatch storage, with fold down seats. Lots of Mazda Options. This car has been very reliable.

4.0

Most features for the price

This car was affordable, has plenty of safety features, lots of room in the interior, and does well on gas. It is also an AWD vehicle.

staff was very helpful and friendly

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They worked to get me the best deal on a used vehicle and were sensitive to my financial and customer expectations. If you're looking for a good experience, go to Tim at 21st century auto group.

4.1

newest car I've ever owened.

I'm still getting used to all the new technology, only had the car 3 days so far I still need to get use driving a smaller car.

3.3

Transmission died after 4.5 years & 80,000

Until now I was very pleased with this car. On Easter Sunday driving home from NH to NY, without warning the transmission died. When accelerating to 2nd gear we heard a very loud bang followed by a severe violent bucking which would have landed me into the windshield if I wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

First time Mazda owner - Forever to be Mazda owner

I previously owned VW, BMW and Honda - The Cx5 has ticked all the boxes for me and drives like a dream - It is solidly built, quiet, and smooth. I opted for the Sport model and must say even with the 4 cylinder it is quiet powerful! Light on gas and light on the road! Next purchase will be the Cx7 for sure!

Most Underrated SUV Out There. Period.

I researched and test drove every compact SUV out there and bought a certified pre-owned 2015 CX-5 GT. I have owned 2 full size SUVs (a Jeep Grand Cherokee & Chevy Tahoe) and also two Subarus (which I will never own again). We also currently own a Honda CR-V. With that said, this vehicle drove better than every other SUV I test drove. My decibel meter indicated it was about 10 dB quieter than competing compact SUVs at highway speeds. Moreover, it had ample space, great features, great MPG and excellent power. It easily carries my two large kayaks, my hiking gear, musical gear, and more. Calling it a compact SUV is actually laughable because storage space specs don't provide the linear square footage (x and y dimensions with and without the back seats up and down). Instead, they reference total cubic footage - which can be very misleading. The next issue for a used vehicle is that JD Powers "initial quality" ratings are garbage. I found that Consumer Reports reliability ratings to be best because they reflect "actual" reliability - which is what really matters to a buyer. In fact, I bought a 2015 model in early 2019 because actually reliability info was available (and was impressive). Oh, and their safety rankings are stellar. Do yourself a favor and test drive one of these beauties. I'm sure glad I did!

Most reliable car

Fits my needs. Easy to zoom around town, great in snow, and can haul stuff from IKEA. Highly recommend Mazda CX-5 for families and pet owners.

4.3

I love this car!

This is a beautiful sleek little SUV with wonderful details that make driving it fun. It's well appointed, looks expensive, and was affordable. the only drawback is a sluggish passing gear. It will pull out into traffic from a stop like a jack rabbit, but if you're cruising 79 mph and try to stick your foot in it to pass a truck, it may take longer than you want it to.

Fun to drive, great in the snow!

Read a lot of reviews and reports before choosing this crossover. I have been very pleased with its responsiveness and performance with this heavy snowfall we experienced here in the northwest. It handles ice, snow, rain every bit as well as out handles dry roads. Highly recommend it!