2017 Mazda CX-5 consumer reviews

side view of 2017 CX-5 Mazda
Explore the 2017 Mazda CX-5
Shop the 2017 Mazda CX-5

FABULOUS AUTO

I drove this car for 38,000 miles over 3 years and would buy it all over again. The auto is well balanced, easy to drive and mine had ALL the bells and whistles for local and long distance driving. Had to sell due to financial hardship

3.6

Keep finding more damage when ever I clean it

I loved it when test drove beautiful white 2017 Mazda cx-5 with fake leather interior , heated seats , and infotainment center . I have already started adding things I wanted on it originally oem Mazda parts . But I keep finding more damage or problems whenever i do something. Like today went thru my 1rst car wash and the front windshield leaked then started whistling on the drive home . I am so mad . I found mud on the inner side of the seat below where the seat belt buckles and they were supposed to do a detail . I have only driven the car maybe 6 times since I got it and the rear hatch is completely scratched , You can tell it came with a tonneau cover but that was taken out because when you let go on them they hit a spot right where the 1 i put in has marks . The rear seat is showing foam and the fake leather is already damaged and sunk in on both the driver and passenger side seats . I did not really pay close enough attention to these things as I was looking for the items I wanted in the vehicle and major problems ! . Still They owe me a fixed windshield and a REAL COMPLETE INTERIOR DETAIL !!! I dont carry mud or even passengers , yet I keep finding it so I knew it was a fleet vehicle I just did not know they tore it up this bad and the windshield was replaced obviously but poorly !!!! I had to fight just to get a new battery because the car never started . OMG the headache . Now 3 .2 hours on hold still no one has even answered the phone !

Best used vehicle I’ve purchased

Great SUV, not disappointed at all. Very happy with my purchase from Brown’s Mazda in Chantilly, VA. Dealership was a “no pressure” deal. They came through with everything they said they would.

4.5

It is still with dealership, due to some red tape

It looks fantastic. And my granddaughter who is the prospective owner likes it’s image a Lot that was sent to her. We are looking forward for her to driving it and give us her rating.

New owner but satisfied so far

I just purchased this vehicle but so far I’m very happy with it. It has everything I wanted and looks fantastic as well. It ranks highly on Car and Driver lists and Consumer Reports so I also feel that it will be safe and reliable long term. This vehicle has a certain amount of luxury and an affordable price tag. Win win.

It's my 3rd cx-5

Handles better then any other car of it's class. I have driven a lot of cars. For the money, there has been nothing close since I last tried.

Extremely Reliable Car

I initially leased my SUV, and have now decided to purchase at lease expiration. It is a fun car to drive, has awesome safety features and is sleek in appearance. I love this vehicle!

3.7

Had it for 3 years with growing family

The great: car is beautiful, felt like driving an expensive Audi or BMW. The good: never had a mechanical issue with just oil changes. Bought it new and it has performed as expected for 23K miles. The not so good: back-seat is tight if you need to carry a rear-facing baby car seat. Not recommended in this circumstance as the combined space of front and back seats will force a very uncomfortable position for either driver or front passenger or for both! The ugly: brake pads and rotors had to be replaced at 17K miles. Very annoying: as I expected a much longer durability on these components, I didn't bother to check very frequently and when I did check, it was too late for the rotors... Felt really upset about it.

Mazda CX5 - Fantastic Car

So far, we have no regrets. Actually, it was the best car we ever purchased. Very comfortable. Lots of space. It's indeed a mix of crossover and SUV.

Satisfied and filled with joy!

I've been searching and decided to go with the CX5 instead of a Honda CRV. Two great cars, but I love how the inside makes me feel, more legroom, the interior parchment color brightens the car and makes me smile each time I'm behind the wheel. The added features in the grand touring make the ride more manageable and relaxed knowing I have a car that is aware of its surroundings. Glad I chose my Mazda!!!