2016 Mazda CX-9 consumer reviews

$31,520–$33,320 MSRP range
side view of 2016 CX-9 Mazda
Explore the 2016 Mazda CX-9
Shop the 2016 Mazda CX-9

El mejor carro que pudiera tener.

Este carro es exactamente lo que estaba buscando, muy bonito y cómodo, me encantó que tiene tres líneas de asiento para toda la familia,lo recomiendo perfectamente,

Best SUV ever. Comfortable, Reliable, Beautiful

Has everything you could want on any SUV, or any vehicle. This SUV was way ahead and has ALL the safety features even some of the 2021 vehicles doesn't have. My 2016 Signature Series is total luxury PLUS it's very comfortable and a smooth ride. Most of all it is the most dependable. Would buy it again, over and over.

Most complete and affordable vehicle.

This car drives very smoothly. The Skyactiv technology is very innovative and ahead of its time. Navigation system works wonderful. The extra cargo space is a top priority for my family and I.

Underrated SUV

I love my Mazda CX-9. I chose it because we wanted a car with 3 rows, although we kept the 3rd row folded down most of the time to take advantage of the extra trunk space. We have the touring package and I absolutely love the features including the tan leather seats and interior styling, the Bose sound system and the overall comfort of the interior. I appreciate the blind spot monitoring system, which I think all cars should have in this day. As someone who loves to drive and admittedly loves to drive fast, this Mazda makes me feel like I'm still driving a car even with it's size and 3 rows of seating. It handles so well and is fun to drive. The only downside in my opinion is the exterior look of this car- I wish it had a better "wow" factor, but when I'm in the car I forget about that and wouldn't want to drive anything else.

3.9

Very comfortable great design But.....

Serious lag. Pulling out in traffic is scary because of this. Feels as if it shuts down momentarily sometimes. Other than that, It’s the best all around car we have ever owned

sport tuned family SUV

This truck met all my needs. Plenty of legroom. great sound system and handles like an automobile half its size. Definitely happy with my purchase.

3.1

Bust! Mazda doesn’t stand behind their products

This is 3rd CX-9 we’ve owned, and were happy with all, until problems with 2016. 90000 miles broke down and had to have towed home, a Holiday Weekend to local shop. Said we were low on coolant, pressure tested and refilled and issues seemed resolved. 3 days later warning of overheating returns and coolant low. Took to dealership for service. Again pressure tested refilled coolant and test drove over several days, and given clean bill of health. 3-4 days later... Same problems return. Returned to dealership again, this time for 2 weeks of diagnostics and inspection from factory engineer and technician, as service department could not diagnose problem. Was Told new engine was needed at the tune of $16000... but still couldn’t tell us what the issue was causing problems. By now I’m into this over $2000... took to local shop bought engine out of wreckage and had swap done for $7000! During tear down, turbo blew up, inside and shot chunk of cast metal into exhaust manifold of aluminum block, putting hole into coolant channel. Coolant burning up in exhaust system and never noted anywhere visible. Mazda wanted to screw us on issue, our fault though crappy turbo design! 60000 dollars should get more than 90000 miles! FU Mazda

Love the style

This is perfect, styling, power and safety. This vehicle really is a power house, the sport mode is great for highway driveway when you need that extra oomph!

Best car ever owned

I had never owned a Mazda until we purchased a 2016 CX-5 and CX-9. Love both but this review is for the CX-9 only because our lease was up. This car is STUNNING, very comfortable, responsive, very intuitive to drive. The SAFETY features are outstanding and exceed a luxury vehicle my family member drives. Mazda went out above and beyond my expectations as far as safety, comfort, handling and styling. I continue to compare the CX-9 to other "like" models and 100% of the time, Mazda exceeds in amenities and styling. The CX-5, though smaller delivers the same accolades. The ONLY reason we turned in the CX-9 is the tailgate does not lift high enough to avoid hitting your head if you are taller than 6'3' despite the fact it can be adjusted. Sad that we had to turn it in after the lease but one "bump" on the head too many.

Great car for the money.

Great suv, feels And handles like a car. It drives better than more expensive cars and looks really good too. The interior is top class.