2016 Mazda CX-9 consumer reviews

side view of 2016 CX-9 Mazda
Explore the 2016 Mazda CX-9
Shop the 2016 Mazda CX-9
4.3

The most fun to drive crossover I could find.

I purchased this car over a year ago as a certified dealer demo. I had been driving Subarus and other SUV's. The Subarus have uncomfortable seats. The CX-9 has very comfortable seats, great driving dynamics. Plenty of power with the turbo and the most quiet car I have owned. It is also a beautiful design especially in Soul red.

Mazda

This is my second CX9. I got the new redesigned one because I loved my old one and the new look is awesom. They really hit the nail on the head with this new redesign. The CX5 is also super cute. Mine is also so much fun to drive. I wish Mazda had a bigger version or a cool looking mini van.

Great vehicle

Currently leasing. I have nearly 50k on it, with no significant issues. There is an occasional squeaking from the rear suspension. Fuel economy in mostly highway driving is 24 mpg. The car is very fun to drive for it's size. I'm a Mazda fan; if you enjoy driving, this is the suv for you. The car is a real head-turner; probably the best looking seven passenger suv. I have the signature series, so my comments apply to that trim model. The Bose sound system is exceptional. I'm an audiophile and musician, and I can say that I've never heard such an in-car sound system. Although I'm tall, I'm thin, so the seat width is fine for me. However, if you're broader in the beam, you might find the front seats too narrow. My only real complaint is that the front seat needs the ability to tilt. More thigh support would be good, too. That being said, I've driven 12-hour trips without fatigue. I have no doubt that there are better suv's, but I think that the cx-9 is a real value. My understanding is that my minor complaints regarding the front seat have been addressed.

Luxury car at Mazda prices

This has been a terrific car - fun to drive, great mileage for the size, very adaptable for multiple people. It is my daily driver and although it is a 7 passenger vehicle, it never feels big or bulky. The four cylinder turbo is both economical and responsive. The faults: some of the climate control buttons are too small, the middle of the second row is uncomfortable, the seat releases for the second row are not intuitive. These issues are minor. Overall the car feels very high end and I love driving it rather it is around town or on a trip.

Luxury for less!

Impressive driving dynamics. Impressive engine! Not boring to drive at all. Torque is unbelievable and you still getting the fuel economy. It?s family hauler SUV but there?s a sport mode if you want to have fun on winding roads.

Great looking and plenty of options

Great car for the money. High end options and great styling. Engine is smooth and Signature package has every option available.

The best SUV ever own

We love our 2016 CX-9 Grand Touring. 2.5L w turbo is extremely powerful and never feel ?weakness? driving both in city and on highway. Impressed comfortable and quiet cabin. Easy operation of infotainment system.

very Quiet vehicle

This vehicle meets all my expectations and exceeds what I was looking for. It had all the features that I was looking for.

Really loving the Mazda brand!

The Mazda CX-9 is a great SUV. I love the design and style of this vehicle. It has plenty of leg room which provides for a very comfortable driving experience. Performance wise, it's aweomse! Handles well on turns and does well on highway and city streets. My only wish though, is that it had slightly better gas mileage but other than that it's a great vehicle and would definitely recommend it!

Family + sport car + Stylish

I have signature model ...looks beautiful and used to surprise every one setting inside the car, the engine is strong the seats are good for family with 5 adults and 2 children but still the third raw is excellent comparing with other big SUV. It has all the safety option with very nice light up screen on the front glass, exterior style is amazing...one comment is the engine voice is high inside the car when you accelerate.