2016 Mazda CX-9 consumer reviews

$31,520–$33,320 MSRP range
side view of 2016 CX-9 Mazda
Explore the 2016 Mazda CX-9
Shop the 2016 Mazda CX-9

german luxury at japanes price

Love it. Car / SUV of the year - MotorTrend and Car and Driver. Luxurious 3 row with all the technology gadgets available: adoptive cruise control, lane departure, auto breaks, infotainment, all power, etc. German quality at Japaneses price - compared to Audi Q7. 7 sec to 60!

Best Buy out there for both style & performance!

This is by far my favorite SUV on the market, even above some of the luxury models by Acura and infinity.

Amazing, affordable, and reliable

I live in California, took a trip to Oklahoma and purchase a used 2016 c-x 9 Grand Touring there. Drove it back from there. I hate driving even if its a short drive, but with this car, I enjoyed it so much. So easy to drive. Lane assistance, cruise control, and the technology. Amazing. My dad has a crossover too but a different company I will not say the make because this is not a comparison to other makes in crossover and that i don't own any other crossover, but my dad fell in love with my cx-9 compared to his crossover. Ride is conformable. It really helps to have a reflection of a Gage on the windshield, instead of looking down to see how fast your going or checking for navigation. Sensors are amazing, will slow down if a car in front of you is to close, senors can be adjusted to car distance. Light comes on if a car is on your side. monitor display is so easy and safe to use. What makes it safe because there is no screen touching needed when navigating through the menu, there is a command console close to your right arm as a driver and going through navigation or music is so easy. There was a complain about the touch screen being to far for a driver to reach but having a the command console there, there no need to use touch screen unless your typing a address for navigation which driver shouldn't being doing when driving. Seats are comfortable. Felt no discomfort when driving 1350 miles straight with couple stop and and 5 hours of sleep in the trip. Car has good acceleration for a crossover. The CX-9 has a amazing look. Has a look of a Luxury car. Love it. Price is really affordable if you want all the perks you want.

Great Car for the money.

Comparable to a Lexus or Acura for much less money. It handles like sports car. Passengers are very comfortable in each row.

The best 3 row SUV for performance

We bought this car for my wife since our family was growing. She wanted something with looks and I wanted something that was fun to drive. The turbo 4 cylinder was designed with family and safety in mind. It kicks in rather early to get you through traffic while holding a luxurious and comfortable interior. The exterior looks sporty minus the plastic parts. Overall the car is fun to drive and one the should not be overlooked!

Exceeding All Expectations !

This is the first Mazda we've owned. This is an outstanding car for the money. Wonder how Mazda can provide all the electronic safety features like auto braking, lane departure and heads up display just to mention a few at such an affordable price. The styling , fit and finish, and quality is outstanding. We purchased the signature model which is beautifully appointed with Nappa leather and solid wood trim. Stainless steel trim also inside. Amazing interior at this or any price point. The ride is comfortable and works well with the well designed steering . Plenty of input about what the car is doing communicated to the driver. This is a car for people who actually enjoy driving. Plenty of power with responsive throttle. We have the All Wheel Drive and we are happy to have the extra margin of safety this feature offers. The CX-9 has three rows of seats. Nice. Last row comfortable however best for smaller riders for long journeys. We leave row three in the " down" position creating a huge amount of space for luggage or trips to the hardware store. Great valve. Highly recommended by this car guy.

Big improvements to an already good car

I was a satisfied owner of two Mazda-CX9's. The latest redesign is exceeding my expectation for style, performance and practicality.

Roomy family car!

We traded our expy xl onthis and couldn't be happier. Plenty of room, handles great! Don't miss the bigger vehicle at all!

Love this car!

Just recently purchased our first-ever Mazda: CX-9 Signature. What a great vehicle! It does everything but make your morning coffee. Still discovering all the whistles and bells - its like Christmas morning every time I drive the car. Feels solid, sturdy, and safe, but also handles well and is fun to drive. Quality components and features that are on cars that cost lots more. And, its got plenty of room for lots of golf bags!

Nice car!

Traded in a 2106 Pilot touring and for the cx9. So far I have been pleased with the fit and finish of car and overall performance has been on par.