2006 Mazda6

2006 Mazda Mazda6

2006 Mazda Mazda6

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Mazda Mazda6?

Best Value for the Money

by Sickboy49 from Hamburg, PA on Wed Mar 28 2012

I purchased my 2006 Mazda6 in January of 2012, with 91,800 miles on the odometer. The car has been terrific, even thought the dealership I bought it from will never get my business again. The car is very roomy, with a massive trunk. My Mazda6 came with the 2.3L engine and a 5 speed manual transmission. Even with just a small 4 cylinder engine the car really moves, although I can see why people would get the V6. For a bigger car it feels light on its feet. My only complaint is the gas mileage (no better then 31MPG), although I knew this before I purchased the car. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Mazda for Life

by Rekster from Dallas, TX on Thu Feb 18 2010

This is the 5th Mazda I've bought in a row. Started with a Miata, Protege, B3000, Tribute, Mazda 6. I bought this car new at the end of the 06 model season, so I got a great price on the Loaded S edition with Bose Speakers, Moon Roof, Power everything. Cloth seats. Only problem I have had is the Transmission had to be replaced after about 2 years but luckily covered under warranty. Had an AC problem which was easily fixed. Great service from Mazda Warranty. This car has the 6 speed Auto Transmission and gets a little over 30 mpg on the highway. And it is fassssstttttt. I have a radar detector cause at age 61 I still have a heavy foot. I love this car and may never get rid of it. Great looks and everything else. Can't be beat.

'06 Mazda 6 i Review

by Peoria Engineer from Peoria, IL on Mon Jan 19 2015

Purchased my Mazda 6 i 2.3L in 2010. Still have it in Spring of 2015. Overall the car is above average, but don't believe I would purchase the car again as FORD has made major strides forward with the new Fusion. Pros are that the car gets good gas mileage 25-26.5 mpg average, has nice pickup and decent power, great handling and suspension, plus it looks very sleek. Also the car has a lot of leg room and trunk space which other mid-size cars lack. The price was very good at the time I bought it and hasn't depreciated as much as some of the American cars. Cons are that the repairs and diagnosis can be expensive. A thermostat went out and took three days to diagnose and fix in the first month I purchased it. Recently both headlights went out even though the bulbs were only 1 year old. Turns out the low beams are susceptible to failure (video on YouTube of someone banging the side of his car and the headlight turning on). Also the low and high beams aren't very bright because the head lamps are eroding and foggy. It would be $400-500 to replace each set of headlights. Most concerning is the oil usage. The car burns almost a quart of oil every 1,000 miles which is unbelievable. If you can put up with a few of the minor things (headlights/oil/diagnostics) then this is a great car and one of the sportiest, peppiest, and reliable cars out there on the market; even in 2015.

Excellent car

by mazdaman24 from Atlanta, GA on Sun Oct 03 2010

I've had my car about 10 months and put roughly 30k on it. Bought an 06 S grand touring after my Protege got totaled. Since I was rear ended so horribly in my Protege and escaped without injury, Mazda was definitely tops on my list and the car has not disappointed. The seats are all day comfortable, and the interior ergonomics are great. Despite the car's 4 year age, I still get compliments on it. I have only had to put oil, tires and brakes on so far. It's definitely the best car i've ever driven, much more fluid than Nissan and sportier than Honda. It's a car that can easily be tossed around, or driven sanely, and seamlessly transition between them. Considering the features (one touch driver/pass windows, auto climate control, heated perf leather, moonroof, Bose audio, 6 disc changer, side and curtain airbags) this car is an excellent value. Can also have an ipod adapter or Sirius radio attached to the standard radio, and can be controlled through the head unit and steering wheel controls. If you are in the market for a midsize sedan that will satisfy your inner car-guy, this is it. And in the grand touring trim, this car has all the features, power, technology and refinement of an entry level luxury sedan without the expensive repairs and quality gripes.

2006 Mazda 6i, 4cy.- AT

by 2006 Mazda i 4cy - AT Owner from Dover, Florida on Mon Jul 03 2006

Very comfortable ride and handling; superior to other mid-size brands that I test drove. Fuel economy combined city/highway mileage is 26 mpg. The 4 cylinder may not be as peppy as the 6 cylinder, but is more than adequate to get the job done and has a very smooth shifting transmission. Exterior styling is excellent. Interior styling is good. Instrument cluster is easy to read and well lit. Interior courtesy lighting is great. Need more head and leg room in rear seating area. Quality of fabric on seats needs to be upgraded. If I could have a wish list for improvements for the Mazda 6, I would ask for an upgraded base radio, a large-retractable glove box like the Mazda 3, better seat belt fit/position in front seats for a petite person, voltage outlet that allows you to charge a cell phone while car is not physically running (a great way to charge a cell phone during a Florida hurricane when there is no electricity), and a vehicle entry design that would allow someone 6'3" to get into the vehicle's front seats without being cramped upon entry. I am very happy with the Mazda 6 performance/styling and would highly recommend this vehicle.

I'm sold on Mazda reliability

by Satisfied Mazda owner from Iowa on Thu Jan 17 2008

I was ready to trade in my '00 Mazda Protege after 130,000 very satisfied miles for something with a few more comforts, and would have been hard-pressed to go with another brand. I browsed for a couple months, comparing almost new 6's, Accords, Grand Ams/G6's, etc., and also slightly older used Euro cars like the A4 and C230. Since the latter can be hard to find here in the midwest, I was narrowed down to basically Accord vs. 6 by default, and to me the 6 wins on style points, with everything else being pretty equal. Eventually I found an '06 6s (V6) that lived for about 30k miles as a rental. I was cautious about buying a former rental, but the test drive was great, and everything's been great since. The V6 won't slam you back in your seat like a pure sports car, but there's plenty of power and torque there for some spirited acceleration, and the automatic transmission is a 6-speed with sportronic shifter which helps it get 25 or so highway MPG. The weeked after I took delivery, I went on a 600 mile road trip and it got more than 400 miles on the first tank of gas doing 75-80 mph most of the way. The combination of traction control, ABS, and the shifter is great when the roads get slick. You can start from 2nd to keep the RPMs a little lower and the traction does the rest. Like others have written, I'm sure I'll like the 17 inch alloys and low profile tires a little less when it's time for a new set of tires, but for now they look great and add to the sporty look. My only real gripe is it would be nice if there was a standard iPod hookup. For now I'm fine with a good FM transmitter adapter which fits perfectly in the extra power adapter located in the center console/armrest. I've had my Mazda6 about 10 months now and driven it about 10,000 miles, bringing my total behind the wheel of Mazda vehicles to 140,000, with no major mechanical breakdowns (on the Protege, I replaced brake pads once and broke a stabilizer bar link sliding into a curb on the ice, and that's all). I have been an extremely satisfied customer, and may have to look into a certain rotary-powered sports car next.

GREAT Car for the money.

by Car Review from Alabama on Mon Jun 16 2008

For this amount of money I could not recommend any car that I would consider to bet the Mazda6. Bought new in 2006 and still like the car.

Mazda 6 wagon

by old Dan from Fort Worth TX on Mon Apr 16 2012

Very good car so far. The Grand Touring model and has way to much luxury, but comfy. Mileage is good and the 6 speed auto works great. Smooth acceleration with the v-6, wagon body has plenty of room. Long trip coming up, expect comfort with less tiring for 400 miles.

I love my mazda

by tgilcris20 from Johnson Vermont on Tue Dec 16 2008

I love my car its sporty and roomy too. everyday i cant wait to get up and drive it. its very fast and safe too.

This Car Lives Up to Mazda's "Zoom Zoom" Tagline

by A Student from Kansas City, MO on Tue Sep 30 2014

I recently purchased a 2006 Mazda Mazda6 s Sport, and I love it! After being stuck with an unreliable car for over two years, I decided it was time to get into a newer, more reliable car on a budget. After many recommendations from family members and friends who have owned many Mazda cars over the years, from RX-7's and Mazda3's to CX-9's, and most recently, a CX-5, I decided that a Mazda would fit me perfectly. I'm a car enthusiast who enjoys driving, and the Mazda6 doesn't disappoint. The steering is precise and very direct, and the smooth 3.0L V6 is quick and makes a great sound. The ride is very smooth and composed. The interior is well put together and tastefully appointed, with soft-touch materials throughout. The seats are very supportive and the Bose stereo sounds great! This car is beautifully put together inside and out, and looks great. After 70,000 miles, this car looks brand new and is as tight as a drum! This is my first Mazda, and it definitely won't be my last!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2006 Mazda Mazda6

Mazda's marketing campaign wants me to experience that certain "emotion of motion;" the idea of being united with the road. Well, considering the ease with which I forgo my children's normal bedtime to zoom around marveling at the Christmas lights, I'd say they've succeeded.

I willingly weave through multiple neighborhoods while listening to Christmas music through the standard Bose speakers, succumbing to my son's wishes to get a closer look at an "even better, brighter house." Now if only I would have thought to bring the hot chocolate and marshmallows, I might be able to call myself a super-mom. Yeah, right, in my dreams! Super-whirlwind is more appropriate.

At night, I immediately dim the red-lighted... Read More