- Slick interior displays
- Benchmark interior quality
- Off-road technology
- V-8 power and rumble
- Backseat space
- Side-wind instability
- Dismal fuel economy
- High price tag
- Old-style Comand multimedia system
- Side-hinged rear door
- Touch-sensitive steering wheel controls
Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price
- Digital instrument panel now standard
- Five-seat, mid-size luxury SUV
- Twin-turbo 4.0-liter V-8 engine
- All-wheel drive standard
- Three electronic locking differentials
- Performance-oriented AMG G 63 available
2021 Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63 review: Our expert's take
What Is the 2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class?
Redesigned in 2019, the five-seat Mercedes-Benz G-Class is one of the most expensive, most capable and most distinctive luxury SUVs in the world. It’s powered by a standard 416-horsepower, twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 engine that works with a nine-speed automatic transmission. The high-performance AMG G 63 gets a 577-hp, twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8, and both SUVs have standard all-wheel drive. Competitors include the Land Rover Range Rover and Lexus LX 570.
What’s New on the 2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class?
A 12.3-inch digital instrument panel is now standard, and the AMG G 63 gets standard wireless device charging. G manufaktur customization options include 34 exterior colors and 54 cabin upholsteries.
What Features in the 2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- 19-inch wheels
- Stainless-steel brush guard
- Power moonroof
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front and rear seats
- Three-zone air conditioning
- 12.3-inch multimedia screen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Burmester premium stereo
- Automatic emergency braking
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go capability
- Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert
- Lane-keeping assist
- Automatic high-beam headlights
Available features include:
- Adjustable suspension
- Massaging front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Rear-seat entertainment system
- Side exhaust pipes (AMG G 63)
Should I Buy the 2021 Mercedes-Benz G-Class?
With its boxy, rugged exterior styling, the G-Class is the luxury SUV to buy if you want to be noticed. It packs an impressive level of off-road technology few owners are likely to use as well as a high-class interior and a powerful V-8 engine. Perhaps not surprisingly, this box is susceptible to crosswinds and has poor gas mileage.
- Maximum age/mileage
6 years old or less/less than 75,000 miles
- Basic warranty terms
1 year/unlimited miles
- Powertrain1 year/unlimited milesView all cpo program details
- Dealer certification required
- 164-point inspection
- Roadside assistance
Have questions about warranties or CPO programs?
All model years for the Mercedes-Benz AMG G 63