2007 Frontier

2007 Nissan Frontier

2007 Nissan Frontier

4.1

Have you driven the 2007 Nissan Frontier?

Caveat Emptor

by Never Again from Laramie, Wy on Sat Oct 09 2010

$7200 for a new radiator and transmission at 84,000 miles. This is one of 3 vehicles that have had this problem in the Laramie Wyoming area. No one at local or national level can explain why it happened. Local and National Customer service agree that I did nothing wrong to the vehicle, but national Customer Service refuses to help because I did not get all of my service done at an authorized dealership. If you choose to buy a Nissan, make sure you get extended warranty and do all service at dealership, regardless of what they tell you.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Truck with 1 Major Flaw

by Truck Lover from Williamson, N.Y. on Tue Dec 30 2008

This truck is the perfect size, power, fuel economy...everything. It has the feel of a much bigger vehicle, something my Colorado lacked. But I am having a terrible problem with the paint coming off the bed at the very front behind the cab. The dealer made an effort to correct the problem after 6 months. It was repainted and chip gaurd was applied. Now after a little more than a year from when it was new, the paint is coming off in chunks, exposing bare metal and rust! I am cuurently fighting with Nissan as they consider this normal wear and tear.(Until I turn in the lease I suspect.)

Very nice truck

by Jimmy from Virginia on Fri Sep 28 2007

I am a new owner so my opinion may not matter much. I traded my F-150 and this Frontier is fantastic. 07 LE LB CC V-6 4X4. Power to spare, very comfortable. Easy to look at and very fuctional. It feels like your driving something very substantial. So far the only thing that needs to be improved is the turning radious, you have to compensate for this shortcoming, U-turns are risky on busy streets until you know for sure the space required to turn.

Perfect Light Duty Truck

by NismoNinja from Phoenix, AZ on Tue Aug 26 2014

I've owned my 2007 Frontier Nismo King Cab for a couple of months now. I average 2000 miles a month so the truck sees a lot of action. For my money this truck has been absolutely perfect. I needed something to drive back and forth to work and to use for local deliveries as part of my job. The cab is quiet even at freeway speeds and the ride is comfortable if a little bouncy - but that is typical for trucks of any kind. Power and performance have been top notch - plenty sprightly even between 60 and 80 for freeway passing. On top of it all I'm still averaging 21mpg which is just a couple ticks lower than my wife's 2014 Rogue with a 4 cylinder engine with a CVT - she averages 23.5 in mixed driving. Utility has been everything I've needed and more. Plenty of space inside the extended cab to hold electronic or delicate cargo, laptop, bags, books, etc. The large bed makes it easy to haul longer items as needed and the addition of the Utilitrack system for additional tie-downs has been fantastic. The only detraction I've had is in the interior design. LOADS of plastic. The seats are very comfy and everything the driver needs is well within reach but grey plastic completely fills the cabin without even a little 'accent' trim of any kind. Not a big deal and nothing that affects the usability of the vehicle, but something I thought stood out. The only other interior issue I noted was something I saw on every other used Frontier I test drove - the cloth on the drivers seat would wear right along the bolster facing the door. Because of the hike up into the seat or down out of the truck this is to be expected and is an easy $100 fix at any decent automotive upholstery shop. I covered the seat bottom and side bolsters with leather on both seats for a bit of a custom look. Cost me $300. Well worth it and the leather will wear much better than the cloth ever would. This is my 6th Nissan in 20 years and the 2nd with Nissan's legendary V6 (the other being a Infiniti G35 with 90k miles on it). I have found that as long as you follow the recommended service guidelines (oil changes/fluid changes) and keep an eye out for anything unusual (fluid leaks under vehicle) these will power on for decades.

Bang for your Buck,can't beat it! Frontier

by CSB from Aberdeen MD on Wed Dec 27 2006

Best Midsize for the $$$$ going, Toy 3k more same equipt.! V6 feels like a small V8, Frontier gives alot for decent price. Toy/Tacoma living off the rep, Frontier right there with Toy & you save a bunch. I shopped & researched for year before I bought in April of 06. Can't beat Frontier for Value bottom line.

Great Truck

by Hrules77 from Maine on Wed Aug 04 2010

I bought this truck back in 08 living in Maine and having friends who all have big trucks I took a chance. Boy am I glad I did, I love getting this truck off road full of buddies (all of which have big trucks) and they say "wow I cant believe this truck just did that". Every chanllenge I have thrown at it this truck has eaten it up and spit it out. It's awesome in the snow to, its actually fun passing everyone in their Chevy's Ford's and Dodge's at 50 mph in a foot of snow. I put a aftermarket exhaust on it and the Nismo cold air intake and noticed a huge diffrence, although it can be very loud at higher rpm. If you dont like that sort of thing I wouldnt recommend it but if you want lots more power for relatively cheap it's worht it. All around awesome truck and I feel ill be driving it for a long time.

I love This Truck

by Catfish from Texas on Thu Aug 23 2007

Gas mileage fair, but could be better. Turning radius not Great, but OK Center console compartment could be about 2-3 inches to the front and same higher. After oil change, dipstick shows oil level halfway between the two holes which misleads you to think oil is half qt low. Dealer says this is normal. Otherwise I love this truck.

Good Truck, Just a few flaws

by Ryker from MS on Sun Jan 07 2007

I really like my 2007 Nissan Frontier. Just 2 flaws keep me from loving it. 1st, the tailgate is too heavy. Its heavier than a F-350 tailgate. My wife hates it. 2nd, It turns like a bus. Its amazing that Nissan engineers overlooked this. Now, what I like about it. It has a great highway ride, long trips are a breeze. The 4 cyl. engine matched with the 5 speed auto is really sweet. The bed liner is a good touch. It has a solid feel about it, a truck in every since of the word.

Don't Buy Nissan!!!

by Frontier Owner from Malta, NY on Thu Jun 12 2014

I recently experienced issues with my 2007 Nissan Frontier transmission due to radiator failure and coolant/AT fluid intermix. Of course this happened just past the extended warranty period (as I have found to be a common complaint) This is a known issue for several models of Nissan vehicles from 2005 -2010. Nissan extended the warranty to just before the problem tends to occur. After a little research I have found this to be a wide spread issue, there have been almost 3000 complaints to the NHTSA on 2005- 2010 Frontier, Pathfinder and Exterra. If Nissan had given notice of the warning signs for this failure and been upfront about how prevalent this issue really is I would have most likely been aware of the issue sooner and transmission would not have failed. Instead I am stuck with a $2500 repair and I am without a vehicle for at least a week maybe longer. This prevalent problem has earned Nissan 5 of the top 20 spots on carcomplaints.com/recent_trends/ in the past 90 days and I'm sure it has been there for some time and will continue to be. Nissan seems to think there customers are as disposable as their vehicles!

Does not recommend this car!!

Best truck in its class for the value

by Tiobenix from Maui on Tue Sep 27 2011

I ve been looking for trucks for a while, wanted to get a toyota so bad due to comments of other owners. But as soon as i started to research about it i realized the frontier it was the same or even better than the tacoma and for a better price. The engine 4.0 same than tacoma has 20hp more than its competitor, not sure about the toyota's gas mileage but my frontier quad cab long bed 2wd 6 sp manual tranny gives me 19.5 or 20 mpg with stocks rims and tires. Also, the interior looks way better to me than the tacomas i feel toyota lost the japanese looking; it is more american looking now, while the frontier still having lots of space on the front seats due to a simple and tiny dashboard which still reminds me that japanese style i was talking about. Im really happy with my truck and I'd totally recomend it to a friend i think it is the best truck in its class for the value

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2007 Nissan Frontier

For the 1999 model year, Nissan, not a company that had taken many chances with its pickup trucks, took a big one: Though light-duty, four-door pickup trucks had long been popular in plenty of other places, such as Central America, Nissan was the first to figure out that Americans who did not necessarily need to transport a six-person landscaping crew to the job site might like a four-door truck, too. Immediately, every other manufacturer followed suit, and now the top-selling segment of the truck market is one that essentially did not exist 10 years ago. So when we see a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab, we're seeing the truck that started the four-door trend.

And since 1999? Well, the current Frontier, which... Read More