2014 Versa Note

2014 Nissan Versa Note

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have you driven the 2014 Nissan Versa Note?

Good value, love the gas mileage

by Former Toyota fanatic from Annapolis, Maryland on Mon Jul 29 2013

I have owned Toyotas for my last several vehicles and had great experiences with each of them. I looked for a used Toyota that would fit within my budget (around $10,000)for several months. The used car market was just too hot. I decided to look at less expensive new cars. The new toyotas were too much. I came across the Nissan Versa and figured I could get into it for not a whole bunch more than the $10,000. Purchased a 2014 Versa Note SV. I have only had it one month. I am 6' 2" and fit in it comfortably. There is more room in the back seats than I expected. More headroom in the hatchback than the sedan. Gas mileage is great. On a 1,000 mile trip it averaged over 40 mpg. Just driving normally about 50% highway I am averaging 37 mpg. There is not a lot of power. For me that is ok and I accept the tradeoff for the mileage. The continuous variable transmission takes some getting used to. If the Versa has the longevity of Toyota, this is going to be a great vehicle.

My little run about

by Grandma on a fixed income from West Michigan on Thu May 15 2014

A few weeks ago I purchased the Nissan Versa Note. I was looking for a vehicle that would be economical to run, functional for my life style, good for the environment and be my car/truck/camper all rolled into one. The Versa note seemed to match all of the above. It has a tight turning ability for running errands around the city. I can put my bike in the back without taking it apart and pick up an antique here and there. Heading out to the Blue Ridge mountains in a few days for the first road trip. Nissan has pitched this vehicle to the college age individuals but I think it is a great vehicle for the individuals on the other end of the age spectrum like we retired grandmas who don't let the grass grow under our feet. I call this car my little run-about. By the way, I added a spoiler and splash guards along with the divide'n hide floor plus the cargo cover just to jazz it up a little. :)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Solid Commuter Car

by Efficient Commuter from Temple, TX on Fri Jul 11 2014

First, I drove my daughter's Versa and liked the pick-up and maneuverability. So when I needed to find a more fuel-efficient car for my 42 mile commute I immediately went to the 2014 Versa Note which was proclaiming 40mpg highway for a very reasonable price. The hatchback Note is way cuter than the sedan version, and I love the metallic blue. So how is it driving now that I've owned it for 3 weeks? Here's the deal. The first week I drove it like normal and only got 30mpg. What the heck? Then I clued in on the dash display feature that shows real time moment-to-moment miles per gallon and realized that the car drives at it's most efficient at 55-65 mph. This can be problematic when the speed limit is 70, but actually when I get in behind a slow semi and cruise all the way to work I get the 40mpg advertised. So I've changed the way I drive, slower, coasting whenever possible, slow and steady starts, and I'm thrilled with the savings at the gas pump. If I'm careful, this car will pay for itself in gas savings over my old sedan getting 23mpg in no time. Overall, the driver's seat fits me well, the inside cabin is NOT cramped, the back seat is incredibly roomy for adult passengers (sacrificing storage area in the back but there's enough for me), and there's enough zip and pick-up so that I don't worry about being able to get on the freeway. I'm really happy about my purchase, though I could see how this wouldn't be a good fit for everyone. Especially for people who need to drive a little over the speed limit.

First Time Car Owner

by 0509 from North Delta, BC on Wed Apr 15 2015

As the first big purchase of my adulthood, this was the best thing I could have invested in. It's great on gas, lots of storage, rear-view monitor and aux hook ups for my iphone, usb port and cd. A nice part of the seats is that they fold down, I can fit my two bikes in the back, and the strorage in hatch for my chairs, shoes and misc. items; all hidden :) It is nice and big in the back seats, fits 3 comfortably (my saleman was 6 feet and he still had room!) If you are looking for a relaible vehicle, one that has some nice features, this is for sure the car to buy!

Great Styling & Value in a "big" little car!

by Sub Compact Enthusiast from Desert Hot Springs, CA on Sat Apr 05 2014

My Partner and I purchased our 2014 Nissan Versa Note back in December as a commuter car to drive to work. We are so happy with this American version of the Note. We got a great deal on it as this SV model has many extras that we didn't have to pay through the nose for (Power package, 15" alloy sport wheels, mud guards & rear roof spoiler). It drives and handles well, is fun to drive and as far as the noise from the CVT? Can't even hear it with the stereo on! I am attaing the reported 40mpg on the highway. Driving around town, an approx 33-35mpg! All without paying the ridiculous price of a hybrid. It is a no-brainer, people!

Love My Note

by llc from Washington, D.C. on Fri Feb 28 2014

I bought this car back in early July 2013 when it first arrived at the dealership. I was very worried about buying a car with no "track record" or expert reviews, but loved it then and still love it now. It's extremely fuel-efficient and extremely roomy inside. My 6'2" father can sit in the front passenger seat or the back seat comfortably. Unfortunately, I have to fold down the back seats to fit my 125 lb Great Dane/Lab mix in to the car, but am pleased she fits at all! The exterior looks stylish and most of the interior feels much more expensive than it really is. I compared this car to the Honda Fit and found the Note's options much more desirable. The Fit's ride was better, but it had zero options. Half the dash was taken up with a CD player! I love the satellite radio and back-up camera in my Note. Basically, I just love my Note!

Love this Car

by Love my Nissan from arkansas on Wed Sep 18 2013

I only bought my new 2014 Versa Note three weeks ago but let me tell you im in love. I travel mostly freeway but with occasional city driving and im averaging 38.5 mpg. A lot of reviews I read complained about it not going fast enough for safe passing but I don't agree. yes it takes a little bit to get up to speed when first getting on the freeway but after that when you get to the speed limit it goes great. its comfy and roomy for my family of 5 my kids have tons of room in the backseat. and we have plenty of room up front.

Former Subaru Owner

by Peppers from Westchester County, NY on Sat Aug 02 2014

It was a hard decision for me to trade in my Subaru Forester, however, being on a budget and traveling over 40 miles per day was wearing hard on my wallet with the price of gas. After much research I took a test drive on the Nissan Versa and decided on the Nissan Versa S Plus - you could go even more basic with manual, but, i don't know how to drive stick! This car is just as roomy in the back as my Subaru. The hatchback is adequate and roomy compared with other hatchbacks - you can recline the seats for bigger loads and this is a great feature if you have to transport a bike or a rug - as most moms know this is a very likely possiblity! Right away I felt very comfortable riding my Nissan. It is very stylish and handles well. So far I am getting 35 mpg, but, I've only had it for one week. I feel the savings on gas alone, along with the the basics - which is all I need, makes this a great choice for the budget minded. I didn't need all the bells and whistles, although if your budget allows and you have the option of add ons, as they are available with other models. Overall, I am very happy with my Nissan and would recommend to like minded buyers.

Uses car for Towing

Exceeded expectations

by JT from on Fri May 05 2017

For the very reasonable price, I assumed I'd have to make the compromise of driving a "clown car", but found it astonishingly roomy. The longer wheel bed gives it a larger car ride, too. Had also wanted the ease of getting out of a higher car than my Corolla, and assumed I'd have to sacrifice that, as well. Surprise! The SV has an adjustable height driver's seat - perfect! Quieter cabin than I expected. Even though the gas tank is smaller than the Corolla, I can go the better part of a month without a refill. So far, lovin' it.

2014 Nissa Versa Note

by HartfordJohn from Hartford CT on Mon Sep 01 2014

Great gas mileage and surprisingly comfortable interior with ample leg and head room. Ideal commuting car. Pleasure to drive.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2014 Nissan Versa Note

The 2014 Nissan Versa Note merges 21st-century technology and efficiency with basic, affordable transportation. It's not the sort of car anyone will love, but it should lure plenty of buyers nonetheless.

Nissan redesigned the Versa sedan for 2012 but let the hatchback linger another year in its prior generation. That car held its own versus rivals like the Honda Fit, Ford Fiesta and Chevrolet Sonic (compare the group here). Its successor, which takes its name from international markets — where it's simply called Note — boasts compelling styling and some interesting technology, but like the Versa sedan, it sacrifices cabin quality and drivability.

Trim levels include the... Read More