2004 Vibe

2004 Pontiac Vibe

2004 Pontiac Vibe

Have You Driven the 2004 Pontiac Vibe?

Just the Best

by Commuter from Marlow, OK on Tue Jul 28 2009

Bought 2 brand new Vibes at the same time, one for me and one for my wife. They are absolutely the 2 best and funnest cars I've ever owned. Both equipped w/5 speed, and Moon and Tunes package. Use both for vacations, commuting and hauling things; great run around vehicle for errands in town, as well highway cruising at 75 MPH. Plenty of room for our 2 young kids and luggage for 4 fits easily in the rear cargo area. The best part of the car is the 110 volt converter built into the dash...able to charge cell phones, run the navigation and video games in the rear for the kids. This car is so versatile and I'm not afraid to admit this, but have spent many a night sleeping comfortably in this car after folding all the seats down and spreading out a sleeping mat. Consistently above 30 MPG and the 1.8 liter engine gives you all the power you need. My Vibe has over 100K and wife's has about 60K; replaced tires and kept up w/routine maintenance. Can't say enough. Even went so far as to test drive an '09 w/a 5 speed and the 2.4 liter engine, but think I'll keep these 2 for a very long time. Great job Pontiac/Toyota...made in America, as well.

Nice everyday transportation

by Car enthusiast from Detroit, MI on Fri Apr 25 2008

I bought my bright orange Vibe in August of 2003 as an 04 model. Recently passed 50,000 miles and not a single problem so far. Regularly perform oil changes and other recommended maintenance. Very nice little car but don't let the size full you. I can put more stuff in this vehicle than in a Jeep. Rear seats fold forward flat as well as front passenger seat allowing for a long items to be hauled without problems. I am averaging about 27mpg in the city and about 31mpg on the hwy. Max mileage I was able to achieve was 34mpg on a non-stop drive to Toronto. Very nice considering today's gas prices. Exterior is very appealing. Entry and exit is very easy. Driving position is higher than a car and lower than an SUV but does provide a better commanding view of the road. Interior is laid out very nicely, very functional and all the buttons are within easy reach. Cloth seats are supportive and comfortable. Even on the long trips, I never felt tired. Engine is a bit noisy but that is expected from a 4 cylinder car. It doesn't bother me. It is a front wheel drive and it handles OK on the snow. Turning radius is great. Parking is a breeze since it is a relatively small car (shorter than in Civic in length). If you are looking for a dependable, roomy, and economical car, you can't go wrong with a Pontiac Vibe.

Exceeded my expectations

by Hoagie from Poland, Ohio on Sun Sep 09 2012

I bought the car used, was a lease car had 12,000 miles. Was rated at 29 city 36 highway. My wife drives the ccar, we have had it to North Carolina and back to Ohio, we got 38MPG on the trip and we have got never less than 32 MPG in the city. Only problem we ever had was the power windows, the clip broke off and by desigh you have to replace the entire window. Over all the best car I have ever owned as far as economy and reliability. Easy to drive in snow, never got stuck or unable top get through any conditions of weather, regular all season radials. Still looks as good as the day purchased, 60,000 miles later. Too bad they do not make them anymore.

Great car

by flash from New Albany, IN on Mon Jul 13 2009

I bought this car used with 56000 on it, and i have fallen in love with it. It gets great gas mileage, plenty of room, like a mini SUV, plenty of power, great handling and very nice interior and huge space for almost anything. Overall this is a winner.

2004 Vibe

by extremely satisfied!!! from Port Charlotte, fl (purchased in Columbus, OH) on Fri Aug 01 2014

I bought this Vibe used in 2007. It had 96000 miles on it. This is now 2014 and I have over 299,999 miles on it. (That is as high as the odometer goes.) I have had no major repairs on it, only routine maintenance. I have replaced a timing belt, struts, brakes, and tires. My ONLY complain is that it is difficult to fill up with fuel. For some reason pressure builds up and shuts off the nozzle when I try to put gas into it. Other than that...! Yes. Buy this car!

Like new at 175,000 miles. Reliable and practical

by RissRolla from Rolla, Missouri on Tue Dec 08 2015

Our 2004 Vibe has 175,000 miles and runs great. Top quality as evidenced by big and little things that are original and perfect, including shocks and most lightbulbs. Cruises nicely on the highway. The hatchback and folding rear seats swallow larger loads than you would expect. The household outlet is handy for charging phones on trips. Holds even a large bicycle in back with the seats down.

Great buy, no regrets.

by Bill from Ohio on Tue Jun 24 2014

I bought this car used after reading reviews. It has 134000 miles on it at time of purchase. Being a Toyota built engine straight 4 engine all wheel drive and a power sun roof and plenty of room I heard that maintenance was easy on this car and cheap to insure etc... I love it, handling and suspension is great. It did have 3 open recalls when i bought it and GM is taking care of that! even better!!! I recommend this car to everyone you will not be upset! Sad news is that they are not in production with any other badge after GM dropped Pontiac.

wonderful ride

by kev from miami florida on Mon Mar 28 2016

I bought my 2004 Pontiac vibe in July 2003, now 150+ thousand miles on it. I have driven it since then and have no regrets about it. for 13 years it has been a real blessing. No major issues and best of all it is easy to take care of. If I can find another one for sale, I will buy it. Hands down, the Pontiac Vibe is better then any new vehicle on the road today.

great car

by Everyday rider from New Albany, IN on Mon Nov 28 2011

I've had my car 2 years with minimum repairs and problems, very reliable. Mileage better than average, 25-32, very fast and nimble. Also, has major storage and cargo carrying room. Mine came with roof racks for added storage and sun roof. It has both 12v and 115v outlets and a very smooth 6 speed tranny. This is an ideal all-round car with plenty of room for a small car. Like other small cars there is lots of road noise.

Very reliable little car

by car guy from michigan on Wed Feb 20 2008

I drive this car 80 miles back and forth to work 6 days a week and it still runs like new. Never any problems with anything. gets great gas mileage and is very fun to drive

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2004 Pontiac Vibe

What IS this thing?

A sports car? A sport-utility vehicle? A crossover wagon? Or, as the poets at the Environmental Protection Agency say on its sticker, a "midsize"?

I guess you could call it a bit of all those things, though to my eye and sensibilities, "crossover" works pretty well, because of its vagueness.

It comes in a number of forms, base, base with all-wheel drive and GT. I had requested the GT, because I had sort of tested the base series before. What that means is I tried out its sister ship, the Toyota Matrix. Yep, the only car in Pontiac's present lineup that has anything going for it is a Toyota design. The two companies share the output of their jointly-owned plant in Fremont, Calif... Read More