2013 1500

2013 RAM 1500

2013 RAM 1500

Have You Driven the 2013 RAM 1500?

Great Truck

by WS from New England on Tue Feb 12 2013

I test drove and checked out the Tundra, F150, and the Ram. Chevy and GMC just didnt appeal to me (personal preference). Out of all 3 the Ram pulled away. For me its a better looking truck. The comfort was above and beyond the other two. The overall ride and bang for the buck pushed me over the edge. As for long term reliability time will tell but if its anything like my neighbors 6 year old RAM with over 197k on it I dont think I'll be let down.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

nice

by dirtrider 64 from Chicago Il on Mon Sep 16 2013

2013 Ram 1500 standard cab with 6'4" bed. All the power as needed. Took 2 trips from Chicago to North Dakota and I was pleasantly surprised. The comfort of the ride was a 10. Gas mileage while pulling a 6 x 10 box trailer with 3 motorcycles was 15.8. Not bad but not great. Second trip with out trailer was 23.6 : ) Much better. Speed limit in ND is 75 and this truck pulled the trailer smoothly as well as had plenty of power to pass as needed. The USB connection is a plus to play an Ipod on the radio. Electronic features took a bit to figure out but when deciphered offers a lot of information .I received some flack from my friends that are Ford lovers but after having drove it now for 6 months in Cadillac comfort I really don't care what the haters say.

Great ride, good fuel economy, awesome styling

by New to recreational light duty trucks from Sacramento, California on Wed Dec 11 2013

Title says it all. 2013RAM 1500 SLT should make you forget about the Tacoma, Frontier, and even a high end Ridgeline. For versatility of light duty trucks the 1500 can't be beat and it is priced in-line with the above mentioned foreign trucks. Reliability is an unknown since the 1500 for 2013 has a number of redesigned components. Better chassis, rear coil suspension, and a 306 hp V6 with an 8 speed automatic transmission. The U-connect electronics seem well integrated with radio, Bluetooth, and Navigation. Need to add back-up camera when mirror includes booth tooth mikes. I had to cobble together an aftermarket system: hi-def display, front mounted camera, and back mounted camera either-or relay switched, which works quite well.

Awesome truck

by Ram man from Fremont Ca. on Mon Apr 01 2013

Love the looks, the power and it tows my race car great. I think Ram was smart in putting their most powerful engine in its smallest truck. Regular cab shortbox with a hemi. Why doesn't GM do this with there trucks. No 6.2 in a small truck is dumb.

Best compromise between economy and power

by all buzzed about Ram from Verona, MO on Mon Apr 08 2013

New 6 cylinder engine with 8 speed automatic is great combination. They are hard to find, I looked for 3 months. Go driver in town and open road. It took some time to learn all the buttons and stuff.

What I thought and More

by Vetster49 from Manhattan, Kansas on Tue Apr 08 2014

Searched for 45 days to get the best price on a 2013 with low miles and clean. More than once the price tag of even used delayed my purchase despite my love of this Laramie trim Ram. Finally pulled the trigger thinking all the tablet type technology and superb comfort was the must have's. Then learned about features I didn't even bargain for adding to the excitement, rather then the buyers remorse I usually get. This babe has everything and more for technology, style, and comfort. Don't think your getting 19-20 mpg though, it loves gasoline. Mine is the 4x4 crew cab with the Hemi and I average about 16-17 with a mix of city/highway of 40/60. It' WORTH IT!

dodge ram 1500

by jeepers from herrin, ill on Thu Feb 20 2014

I drove this truck to Canada twice 2000 thousand miles round trip. ran 75 - 80 mph most of the way, gas mileage was 19 -22mpg. no trouble all the way. great truck, this is my third one, in five years. I would recomend these to any one. rusty ansinelli

Awesome truck

by moparman from Franklin, KY on Tue Aug 27 2013

Still needs a CD player. Option package deletes bed liner and tow package, not good. Otherwise a super truck, Got a sweet deal on a $38,000. Hemi 4x4 Quad cab!

Really smooth ride and power too for a v-6

by scott estep from Huntington WV on Sun Jan 26 2014

Ram 1500 4x4 v-6(305hsp) has more power than my old dodge magnum 1500-5.9 360 v-8 (260hsp) also has more leg room in the back than my old 2005 Durango plus the 4x4 is amazing in this 2013 you feel it lock in at the touch of the button! The ride is so smooth feels like your driving in a Chrysler 300 but better! I often forget that I am driving a truck! The only mistake to my ram crew cab 1500 4x4 is they left out the shifter! I really hate that dial type shifter I have turned the heater on and off a hundred times instead of the gears!

Best decision I've ever made.

by Seat2 from CA on Sat Oct 24 2015

My Ram 1500 is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I couldn't believe someone still made an awesome muscle truck. I thought about a mustang or camaro but who needs an uncomfortable muscle car that's bad in the corners anyway? This R/T truck stays as planted in a corner as any muscle car I've ever driven. Its way easier to throw the backend around on quick a u-turn too. Lightning fast for a truck too my 0-60 times are right around 5.1! The 8 speed transmission is the smoothest transmission I've ever had in a car or truck. HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER THE 6 SPEED. I'm averaging 19mpg lifetime. Perforated leather heated seats? Alpine Audio? 8.5" screen? And you MUST get the remote start to let that v8 warmup while you toast your pop tart in the morning. The truck knows whether to run the A/C or turn on heated seats/steering wheel :-)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2013 RAM 1500

The redesigned 2013 Ram 1500 is powerful, sexy and cool. Even though it's not exactly a conventional family vehicle, it can work for your family and offer a lot of good times in the process.

A wise man once told me that he loathed it when people criticized pickup trucks for all that they're not, so I'm not going to do that. Since this is a family forum, I suppose I could go on about how the Ram 1500 is a gas guzzler compared to other family vehicles or how it's unrefined compared to those dainty family crossovers. I could even tell you that it's so high off the ground that your kids practically need an elevator to get in and out of it. But I'm not going to dwell on any of that. The fact is the... Read More