2016 RAM 2500 consumer reviews

Explore the 2016 RAM 2500
Shop the 2016 RAM 2500
3.9

Good but scary truck

I purchased this vehicle being told it had been under a 150 point inspection. When the truck drives after 45mph it shakes like crazy and because they switch my tires and didn’t tell me they were the wrong rating size I had to buy new ones. Also was told the shaking was fixed and then was told the reason it shakes is because they put the tires I asked for on it. Even though it shook like that before they switch tires. Also the brakes squeak real bad and they said they don’t hear anything yet I can drive down the road with the radio loud and hear it.

I love the truck so far. Everything I was looking.

I love the vehicle color and the appearance of it. It will be able to take our family everywhere. It has a great ride to it also.

3.0

Wish my transmission shifted :-(

Love the Megacab. Hat known/neglected transmission solenoid issue from Ram. Locks in 4th or just pulses between gears. Even with forum known complaints Ram says there's no issue so I have to put out $1100 for new solenoid pack replacement. Just canceled my new $87K Ram order, after wasting all efforts to resolve with Ram's customer service.

Best Truck I've had so far

I've been lulled, for too long, into thinking any sort of 1500/150 would be able to keep up with what a real truck is intended to do. That's what sent me on my hunt for a 2500 and once I found my 2016 RAM 2500, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. I hauled 1600 lbs of rock the day after I bought it and the truck didn't even notice it. Very pleased.

Diesel baby!!!!

I love my truck because it is a diesel With a Cummins engine and Kim for anything and everything that I need to pool I love my truck the way it handles the way it looks and the way it performs

17 mpg when running 89 octane

I’ve had a lot of diesels, but due to blue def and regulations I went with the 5.7 hemi. I was getting 17 mpg running 89 octane. 285/60/18 tire wheel combo. I recently purchased 12/35/20 wheel tire combo and get 13 mpg which I am happy with. S&B intake it runs like a top no issues at 90,000 miles right now. I can’t get rid of it now. Why sell something that always starts and never has issues haha

My first truck and I'm impressed

I have always owned cars but an upcoming career change dictates I get a truck. I knew I wanted a 2500 (if you're going to drive a truck, it should ride like a truck IMO) so that limited my selection a little bit. I got a crew cab and love the amount of space in it! Also, it's a bit higher off the ground than a 1500 would have been which I like. The only "hard" part of the transition has been getting used to the size of this thing. It handles well but parking lots are a challenge. Drive thru's are also tough. The ride on city streets is nice and smooth as long as the street is that way too. Highway driving is equally so. Average MPG from the 5.7L is 13. I haven't done any towing or hauling with it yet so I can't speak to those capabilities. Overall, a nice vehicle and one I would recommend to anyone looking for a truck.

I bought the 6.4 hemi 2500 for towing. Awesome!

When I bought my Ram 2500 to tow my 33’ rv, everyone said I would regret not getting the diesel. Wrong! I have owned diesel and liked them ok. I hated the smell as well as the higher cost for fuel. Recently while on a trip, I filled up my hemi at $2.10 per gal. My diesel buddy two pumps away paid $2.70. Can he out pull me. Yes. Does it matter? Not to me. Each day, we ended up at the same place at the same time. I can’t think of anything about my Rams performance I don’t like. I’m retired and love traveling. I’m in no hurry, so I drive around 60 mph. Fast enough towing ten ton. At this speed and with the 370 gears, I average right around ten mpg. Comfort is excellent, and the cabin as quite as my wife’s Acura. I understand diesel owners passion for their trucks, and respect that. However each to his own. If I were to trade today for another tow truck, it would be a Ram 2500 6.4 hemi.

Tried and True

Great truck, never had any issues. Just need a 5th wheel now. Need to get something bigger and set up for a 5th wheel. This was great truck to tow a boat, jet skies and 30-35 footers. Used it mainly as my everyday driver.

1.0

No more Dodge Ram trucks for me.

This is my ninth and last dodge truck. This one is a 2500 hemi powerwagon. Never again. They have been getting progressively worse over the years and this one is an overpriced junker. Nav/computer is awful and not fully functional. Everything electronic is unreliable. Less than 3 years old and I’m sitting here waiting for a tow truck. 4wd doesn’t engage well. Often doesn’t start. Then there are the days it doesn’t want to turn off. Won’t always get out of park even when completely level. Cruise control only works about 30 percent of the time. Truck thinks the axle lock is always on. Several recalls which means several wasted days at the dealership waiting and weeks of truck not being safe to drive while waiting for recall parts to arrive.