2016 2500

2016 RAM 2500

2016 RAM 2500

Have You Driven the 2016 RAM 2500?

Great value truck

by Tj from New boston tx on Tue Jul 10 2018

Lots of inside space, with great storage. My Ram is a 6.4 6 spd auto with 373 gears. Our primary function for this truck is r.v. Towing. Empty driving fuel mileage is outstanding. 18-19 at 70-75 mph. Towing 10000 at 60 mph I consistently average 10.5 to 11.2. I love this truck. I am in no hurry when towing, speed devils may get less. I have been in two emergency stops, both in Dallas Tx, and the braking performed exceptionally. Both times we were cut off, then the drivers braked to a stop in front of us. Cell phone users both times. My previous truck was a gmc diesel. I will not go back to diesel. I admit there are diesel advantages, but not enough for me to pay 10 to 15 thou more, then an additional 50 cents per gal at the pump. Satisfied customer now has 45000 miles and going strong.

Nice Truck

by Williamb from Texas on Mon Mar 12 2018

For a 3/4 ton it has plenty of power and the fuel mileage is pretty good . The 5.7 hemi has a lot of torc to pull up to 12000 lbs

Incredible Power

by WIll Currie from Tallahassee, FL on Wed Jul 18 2018

We bought this to haul a 42' 5th wheel. It hauls like a dream and acceleration is incredible. I owned a 1500 previously and I love the RAM styling. Never had a problem with this car. And the Cummins gets unbelievable mileage considering how powerful it is, 17.5 in city, 22 hwy.

Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab

by zloveless07 from Liverpool, NY on Mon Apr 23 2018

Absolutely perfect all around totally worth every penny. The engine is perfect size for towing and still gets great gas mileage. The interior is very spacious and the layout makes it very simple to drive, but still up to date with gadgets. I would never own a different brand of truck hands down best truck ever.

Great Truck, 3rd Cummins Ram I've owned, Best Yet!

by Diesel Truck Owner from Pensacola, Florida on Tue Dec 01 2015

I love this truck. I have a 2016 2500 Laramie, Crew Cab 4x4, and have put 2K miles on it so far. Drives great, excellent fuel mileage for a big truck (16-17 around town, 18-19 highway driving 75mph, 11-13 towing...and it will get better once it breaks in), tows great (have towed my 8K travel trailer 500 miles, truck does not even break a sweat!) Awesome oil change intervals 15K miles, super comfortable unloaded or loaded ride for an HD truck with the 5 link coil rear and 3 link front suspension (much improved over my '12.) The Laramie has all the bells and whistles, love the big info screen by the speedo and 8.4 UConnect Nav screen on the dash. So much tech, very customizable and it all works great. Cummins is flat out the best diesel engine out there for a HD pick up truck...500K miles before rebuild is average, tons of power, great fuel economy and Ram has a super high quality truck around it and very solid/reliable transmission in the 68RE. You cannot go wrong with this truck for work, towing, payload capacity, play, etc. Also, you can get great deals on this truck, so do your homework and shop smart. I love it, go get one!

Awesome Truck, definitely would recommend.

by LukeVA from Virginia on Fri Nov 11 2016

I purchased a 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L in September. I highly recommend this truck. I have owned a 2005 GMC 3500 SLT, 2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0, and a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport. Out of all three big truck brands I like the Ram more. They all have pros and cons. I would say I love everything about my Ram 2500. If I had to come up with some thing negative it would be fuel mileage. Getting about 3-4 MPG less than my 5.7 L 1500. Its a bigger, heavier truck, so I expected the MPG's to drop. This truck has a lot of power, excellent styling, very comfortable, and reliable. My last Ram was very reliable and that is one reason I stayed with Ram. The 6.4 L has plenty of power, suspension appears and feels substantial and high quality. I looked at the 6.7 Cummins, its a great engine. For me the 6.4L meet all my needs, maintenance & repair costs are less, cost of fuel is less, still tows a lot of weight, up front cost is less. Could not justify paying $10,000 more for the diesel. My next truck will be a Ram.

6.4 Hemi

by Was a Ford Guy from Prescott Arizona on Fri Sep 02 2016

Had a Powerstroke prior to purchasing '16 Ram 2500 with 6.4 Hemi. While I wanted the Cummins, couldn't justify the payments. Over all have been very pleased. Stance is great, comfortable for long drives (been on 6 500 plus mile trips already). Gas milage in town isn't too bad, 14.2, highway getting around 18. Cruises great at 75 MPH. Alot of compliments on the truck. I would definitely look at buying another Ram again. Extremely please with this truck in the 4 months I've owned it.

Impressed over my first ever Truck!

by Paulo from Lubbock, TX on Sat Sep 24 2016

As a first time truck buyer, I am pretty stoked and just blown away by this truck! It's a first for me as I've never owned any trucks from the Detroit Big Three. I was into 1/2-tons when I was researching for my first truck but was also asking people about the heavy duty ones, heck I told myself if I'll get a heavy duty it'd be a RAM because of its big rig styling and mainly because I feel I'm getting more for the money I'm spending for the truck than getting a 1/2-ton with too many car-like features, I'm old-fashioned so I like the column shifter (even if it's an automatic), the front bench seats and the fact my truck can seat up to 6 people including me! The interior is well composed even for a Tradesman model (that's what I got), and there's no mistake you're driving a truck when you get behind the wheel. User controls are easy to reach and operate, and I like that mine came with the mid-grade uConnect 5.0 as phone integration via Bluetooth is pretty easy and I get a compass too! It's also worth to note that with a big trucks comes tons of storage space and I can hold up to 16 32 oz. water bottles and my truck also came with infloor storage so I can tuck away the stuff I barely use. You get rubber surfaces on some parts of the interior so some of your stuff won't easily slide. Outside this 3/4 stands out mostly for it's big rig inspired design that Dodge/ RAM has perfected over the years and I think they actually did a pretty good job in aging the current design as I get compliments every now and then of how good looking my truck is. It's also wider than your standard 1500 RAM so parking can be tricky and the fact that mine is a crew cab withe 6.4" ft. bed can be quite a labor when finding a parking spot so be prepared for long walks on parking lots if this will be your daily driver. I got the 4WD model so normally it stands taller than a standard issue 2WD truck, mine didn't came with the side steps so it can be quite a labor sometimes when climbing up the cab but otherwise for a 26-year old man its just totally fine! The pickup is deep and big and wide enough to hold a substantial load too. I got the 6.4 HEMI over the 5.7 HEMI for 2 things: - I want a good powerful alternative over the 6.7 CUMMINS as the latter can be very expensive to maintain - It offers more towing power than the 5.7 which is just enough for me when I need to haul something or tow a small trailer (I'm not big into towing and the truck is mainly a daily driver) As mentioned the 6.4 HEMI is stout engine, yes it's thirsty but hey I didn't got the truck because I want a car but because I want a truck, people are curious sometimes and might ask what kind of MPG these get and this is what I'm getting: 12.5 - 13.5 avg on city limits (45MPH, 60MPH - 70MPH) 14.5 - 16.5 avg on country roads (50MPH, 65MPH) 17.5 - 19 avg on interstates (70MPH, 78MPH avg) With a 31-gallon tank in the city I can last at least 2 weeks or roughly 360 miles (my daily drive to work is at least 4 miles back and forth with occasional errands) until refuel and when we took it on a 4,500-mile road trip I was averaging 450 - 530 miles on full tank, I also have the 3.73 rear end and cruise control on. If you don't floor it and go easy on the gas these figures are easy to reach. I also love how the engine sounds, its very industrial sounding compared to the half-ton V-8s, be prepared for braking as this behemoth can be hard to stop if you're going on very fast speeds (it's a truck and not a sports car). Overall the truck a great machine and as long as you take of it this truck will treat you well.

The best diesel truck I've owned

by Raider fan from California on Thu Jun 08 2017

I bought the Laramie model mega cab so much legroom comfortable ride I love the fact that the backseat also warms up and reclines also my mechanic said that Cummings is the best we looked at the Chevy Silverado the sierra Dinali and we ended up getting our ram truck Best decision

Uses car for Towing

Love our new great Towing and Hauling machine!

by Loyal Ram owner from Western New York state on Thu Jan 21 2016

Traded in our 2005 Ram on a 2016 and love the things they have updated and the things they haven't changed. Love the new integrated 'jake brake' and brake controller. Also like that they have retained the tow/haul mode and the fold out storage in the back seat. Dig the cell phone holder in the console, It's very handy!

1 2 3 4 5 6