2016 2500

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Nice Truck

by Williamb from Texas on March 12, 2018

For a 3/4 ton it has plenty of power and the fuel mileage is pretty good . The 5.7 hemi has a lot of torc to pull up to 12000 lbs

Great Truck, 3rd Cummins Ram I've owned, Best Yet!

by Diesel Truck Owner from Pensacola, Florida on December 1, 2015

I love this truck. I have a 2016 2500 Laramie, Crew Cab 4x4, and have put 2K miles on it so far. Drives great, excellent fuel mileage for a big truck (16-17 around town, 18-19 highway driving 75mph, 11-13 towing...and it will get better once it breaks in), tows great (have towed my 8K travel trailer 500 miles, truck does not even break a sweat!) Awesome oil change intervals 15K miles, super comfortable unloaded or loaded ride for an HD truck with the 5 link coil rear and 3 link front suspension (much improved over my '12.) The Laramie has all the bells and whistles, love the big info screen by the speedo and 8.4 UConnect Nav screen on the dash. So much tech, very customizable and it all works great. Cummins is flat out the best diesel engine out there for a HD pick up truck...500K miles before rebuild is average, tons of power, great fuel economy and Ram has a super high quality truck around it and very solid/reliable transmission in the 68RE. You cannot go wrong with this truck for work, towing, payload capacity, play, etc. Also, you can get great deals on this truck, so do your homework and shop smart. I love it, go get one!

Awesome Truck, definitely would recommend.

by LukeVA from Virginia on November 11, 2016

I purchased a 2016 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4L in September. I highly recommend this truck. I have owned a 2005 GMC 3500 SLT, 2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0, and a 2014 Ram 1500 Sport. Out of all three big truck brands I like the Ram more. They all have pros and cons. I would say I love everything about my Ram 2500. If I had to come up with some thing negative it would be fuel mileage. Getting about 3-4 MPG less than my 5.7 L 1500. Its a bigger, heavier truck, so I expected the MPG's to drop. This truck has a lot of power, excellent styling, very comfortable, and reliable. My last Ram was very reliable and that is one reason I stayed with Ram. The 6.4 L has plenty of power, suspension appears and feels substantial and high quality. I looked at the 6.7 Cummins, its a great engine. For me the 6.4L meet all my needs, maintenance & repair costs are less, cost of fuel is less, still tows a lot of weight, up front cost is less. Could not justify paying $10,000 more for the diesel. My next truck will be a Ram.

6.4 Hemi

by Was a Ford Guy from Prescott Arizona on September 2, 2016

Had a Powerstroke prior to purchasing '16 Ram 2500 with 6.4 Hemi. While I wanted the Cummins, couldn't justify the payments. Over all have been very pleased. Stance is great, comfortable for long drives (been on 6 500 plus mile trips already). Gas milage in town isn't too bad, 14.2, highway getting around 18. Cruises great at 75 MPH. Alot of compliments on the truck. I would definitely look at buying another Ram again. Extremely please with this truck in the 4 months I've owned it.

Impressed over my first ever Truck!

by Paulo from Lubbock, TX on September 24, 2016

As a first time truck buyer, I am pretty stoked and just blown away by this truck! It's a first for me as I've never owned any trucks from the Detroit Big Three. I was into 1/2-tons when I was researching for my first truck but was also asking people about the heavy duty ones, heck I told myself if I'll get a heavy duty it'd be a RAM because of its big rig styling and mainly because I feel I'm getting more for the money I'm spending for the truck than getting a 1/2-ton with too many car-like features, I'm old-fashioned so I like the column shifter (even if it's an automatic), the front bench seats and the fact my truck can seat up to 6 people including me! The interior is well composed even for a Tradesman model (that's what I got), and there's no mistake you're driving a truck when you get behind the wheel. User controls are easy to reach and operate, and I like that mine came with the mid-grade uConnect 5.0 as phone integration via Bluetooth is pretty easy and I get a compass too! It's also worth to note that with a big trucks comes tons of storage space and I can hold up to 16 32 oz. water bottles and my truck also came with infloor storage so I can tuck away the stuff I barely use. You get rubber surfaces on some parts of the interior so some of your stuff won't easily slide. Outside this 3/4 stands out mostly for it's big rig inspired design that Dodge/ RAM has perfected over the years and I think they actually did a pretty good job in aging the current design as I get compliments every now and then of how good looking my truck is. It's also wider than your standard 1500 RAM so parking can be tricky and the fact that mine is a crew cab withe 6.4" ft. bed can be quite a labor when finding a parking spot so be prepared for long walks on parking lots if this will be your daily driver. I got the 4WD model so normally it stands taller than a standard issue 2WD truck, mine didn't came with the side steps so it can be quite a labor sometimes when climbing up the cab but otherwise for a 26-year old man its just totally fine! The pickup is deep and big and wide enough to hold a substantial load too. I got the 6.4 HEMI over the 5.7 HEMI for 2 things: - I want a good powerful alternative over the 6.7 CUMMINS as the latter can be very expensive to maintain - It offers more towing power than the 5.7 which is just enough for me when I need to haul something or tow a small trailer (I'm not big into towing and the truck is mainly a daily driver) As mentioned the 6.4 HEMI is stout engine, yes it's thirsty but hey I didn't got the truck because I want a car but because I want a truck, people are curious sometimes and might ask what kind of MPG these get and this is what I'm getting: 12.5 - 13.5 avg on city limits (45MPH, 60MPH - 70MPH) 14.5 - 16.5 avg on country roads (50MPH, 65MPH) 17.5 - 19 avg on interstates (70MPH, 78MPH avg) With a 31-gallon tank in the city I can last at least 2 weeks or roughly 360 miles (my daily drive to work is at least 4 miles back and forth with occasional errands) until refuel and when we took it on a 4,500-mile road trip I was averaging 450 - 530 miles on full tank, I also have the 3.73 rear end and cruise control on. If you don't floor it and go easy on the gas these figures are easy to reach. I also love how the engine sounds, its very industrial sounding compared to the half-ton V-8s, be prepared for braking as this behemoth can be hard to stop if you're going on very fast speeds (it's a truck and not a sports car). Overall the truck a great machine and as long as you take of it this truck will treat you well.

The best diesel truck I've owned

by Raider fan from California on June 8, 2017

I bought the Laramie model mega cab so much legroom comfortable ride I love the fact that the backseat also warms up and reclines also my mechanic said that Cummings is the best we looked at the Chevy Silverado the sierra Dinali and we ended up getting our ram truck Best decision

Uses car for Towing

Love our new great Towing and Hauling machine!

by Loyal Ram owner from Western New York state on January 21, 2016

Traded in our 2005 Ram on a 2016 and love the things they have updated and the things they haven't changed. Love the new integrated 'jake brake' and brake controller. Also like that they have retained the tow/haul mode and the fold out storage in the back seat. Dig the cell phone holder in the console, It's very handy!

Uses car for Towing

What a Truck

by Scott from Arizona on September 2, 2016

I am so happy with the truck, so far not a problem at all. I purchased the 2500 cummins 4x4 tradesman. This truck is super smooth, gas mileage is great, (if you don't floor it all the time) im averaging 18 MPG. haven't really taken it on any highway driving yet, so I assume the MPG will be even better. The truck is quiet, radio in the tradesman isn't as fancy as the higher end radios, but it connects to my phone, i can receive my calls and no one can tell im in the truck, the touch screen is awesome.. Great Value for the $$

Awesome Truck!

by The Beast from Louisiana on February 12, 2016

2016 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab with the 6.4L HEMI V8. I absolutely love this truck. The exterior styling is typical Ram but with the 2500 you get a bit more aggressive look. I got the black on black package and I get many looks and compliments. Performance wise the truck is a beast. The 6.4L engine delivers a ton of power, more than enough for most people, at a far less cost than the Cummins engine. The one downside to the engine is the fuel economy. Despite having fuel saving technology, this thing sucks gas at an alarming rate sometimes. I'm hoping the efficiency will improve as the engine gets broken in. The interior is where this truck makes it's money. The Laramie package makes the interior luxurious. Features such as heated and vented seats, Uconnect, auto dimming headlights, rain sensor wipers, the largest touchscreen in it's class and many other make this the best interior in my opinion. The mega cab gives you unrivaled space. My 3 kids love it and a full size adult can comfortably recline the rear seat back and stretch their legs out. The storage area behind the seat is a bonus. I tested all the major brands before settling on this truck and I'm not disappointed. Ram gives you by far the most bang for your buck. The 2500 Laramie combines luxury and comfort with the style of a heavy duty truck. I highly recommend this truck!

Best truck I've owned hands down

by Jonny from Tahoe city California on October 31, 2016

I have the 2500 6.7 liter Laramie... This truck is a beast... Comfortable, rides a little stiff Empty but the more weight you put in this truck the better it rides... definitely more heavy duty than the ford or gm...really comfortable and plenty of room for a family of four...interior is much nicer than the ford or gm... meaning softer leather and more comfortable seats.. Ram really did a good job on this truck..

1 2 3 4 5 6