2008 9-3

2008 Saab 9-3

2008 Saab 9-3

Have You Driven the 2008 Saab 9-3?

This is a great car

by saablover from Lansing MI on Sat Sep 11 2010

I have been the proud owner of 4 saab 9-3s. The refreshening of the 08 year only made this car better. The cars have always been reliable and the performance for the price is more than adequate. The leather upholstery can be a bit fragile and I encourage all to use leather conditioner to keep it supple and flexible. The only other thing that could be better is a bit more space in back seat for rear passenger seating, and the new standard GM radio looks out of place and cheep in this car. All in all i've bought in the past and continue to be loyal to this brand, cost for maintenance is about the same for any other GM car and i've never had to do any repairs ever! other than preventive maintenance and standard servicing.

Most people don't get it, but...

by Aeroskipper from New York, NY on Mon Jul 09 2012

Saab is a great car company with a long tradition of safety, style and performance. This is my 3rd Saab and I love it. I do miss the powerful 4 cylinders, but this 6 is very smooth and very quick. My family has owned close to 10 Saabs and we wouldn't buy anything else. Customer loyalty for this brand is second to none and once you buy one you are immediately welcomed into a family-like atmosphere. "People who test drive a Saab usually end up owning one..."

2007 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan Best Car Ever

by FirstTimeSaabOwner from Dallas TX on Sun Apr 01 2012

I bought my 2007 9 3 Aero Sedan (V6 Turbo) about 6 months ago. This is by far the best car I have driven. The turbo is amazing, the car takes off like a jet, from almost ANY speed. Very responsive , light, fast and POWERFUL. The Aero kit makes the look timeless. The interior is neat, loaded but without the clutter, heated seats, voice command, backup sensors, tiptronic transmission ( manual mode option) with a Bose system. When I went car shopping SAAB wasn't on my radar, I was looking for a coupe, Mustang, BMW 330I and Infiniti G35 coupe. I only test drove the SAAB Aero as an afterthought after I saw price, and I was hooked immediately, It was by far the best test drive. I'm only speaking of the Aero but I hear the 2.0T is also good. If you can find an Aero grab it! The only issue I have with the car is parts because SAAB is going out of business, the parts are getting harder to come by even though they say SAAB Parts is not affected by the bankruptcy. My car got hit on the side a couple weeks ago and I'm having hard time with collision repair shops because they say the replacement parts are scarce even through the dealer, so it's not a car you wanna dent or wreck and that's why I gave it a 4 on reliability. I haven't had any mechanical issues except for a wheel bearing I had to replace after hitting a pothole, got the part at a local parts store, it drives like a new car . I'd buy another SAAB Aero in a heartbeat if I had to, regardless of the parts issue because Ill find them somehow. I now understand why SAAB owners are loyal to that brand. Once you drive a SAAB you become more interested in a car's drivability and it's hard to find another that's as fun to drive. I hope someone saves SAAB so they can continue to make great cars.

Not the most common car around, but it should be

by Former College Kid from Fort Washington, MD on Fri Aug 31 2012

I've owned my car for about 2 years now (Saab 9-3T Sedan). It's an amazing car, it drives so smooth, handling is great and the engine is responsive. I used to drive 10 hours one way from Atlanta to DC (I lived in DC, but went to school in Atlanta) and the seats were wonderful to me. I love the fact that I can use regular gas also, especially now a days. I get pretty good gas mileage, and the car is pretty solid. What surprises me so much about this car is that nobody buys it... GMC really screwed Saab over, the car is phenomenal. But people look at me like "What do you drive?? What the heck is a Saab?" And I used to be one of those people. Sad to see you go Saab.

Love !

by SAABownerSouthCentralPA from Peensylvania on Fri Sep 18 2009

I LOVE DRIVING THIS CAR!! Bought a brand new 2008 SAAB 93 Aero SportsCombi at the end of June 2009! It has the 280hp engine with the 6 speed automatic and AWD. It had 92 miles when I bought it. I traded my Pontiac for it and with my trade and rebates it was a steal. Wife and I fight over who is going to drive it. This is my second SAAB! We just love it. Cannot wait till it snows!

My all-time favorite car

by Saabluver64 from Chattanooga,Tn on Sat Apr 13 2013

Saab's are my all-time favorite car! I just bought a 2008 Saab 9-3. This is my third Saab! I've owned a 1994 Saab 900, a 2003 Saab 9-3, and now a 2008 9-3. I was a little disappointed that Saab did away with interior info. screen on the dashboard, that was in the 2003-06 models. So, I was a little hesitant to purchase a newer Saab such as a 2007 or newer. I eventually, caved in and purchased a newer Saab versus a 2006 or older. The 2008 Saab is everything and more! The ride is smooth and quiet and is an awesome car!

Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi Wagon

by Saab4evr from San Diego on Sun May 27 2012

Having driven most popular European sport wagons (BMW, MB, Audi, Volvo) for over 100k miles, I have to say for the money this one is the best balance of performance, style and cost of maintenance. the turbo makes a big difference and I am usually the guy passing, not being passed! I always get stopped by people asking: what is that? Have owned about 36 cars in my life, most being over $30k Euro rides, and this is in the top 3, all things considered.

Love Saab...miss Saab

by Saab One from Wisconsin on Mon Mar 02 2015

We have had Saabs for years. They have never failed to perform. We will consistently get 21-24 mpg in town and 32-35 mpg on the highway. So practical and well designed....a great trunk with 15 cu feet!!! My wife loves the car..... With FWD it was great in snow and wet roads. The 2.0T engine runs and runs and runs..... Would highly recommend a Saab.....wish they still sold them here....

Love my SAAB 9.3 (this is my 2nd one)

by RedHeadDude from Nashville, TN on Wed Feb 01 2012

I wanted an Audi A4 this time, but considering the resale value on the SAAB 9.3 these days, I really think it's a much better investment. Sad that SAAB is going by the wayside, but... get 'em while you can!!

Affordable sport sedan

by papa joe from bridgewater on Fri Aug 11 2017

The 2008 Saab 9-3 has a 2.0 liter turbo with great passing ability and gets 25 MPG. The front seats are very comfortable and the ride is smooth and quiet with a great road feel. Negatives are rear leg room and several annoying issues with minor oil leaks, intermittent door locks, rear light socket connector burn, and fuel gauge failure. These repairs can be DYI or very expensive dealer bill.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2008 Saab 9-3

The redesigned Saab 9-3 convertible has great looks, seats for four and plenty of sass with the Aero's 280-horsepower turbocharged engine.

A less expensive, and less thirsty, turbocharged four-cylinder is also available. Base prices are $39,955 for the four-cylinder and $45,640 for the turbo V-6.

I drove a V-6 from Saab's press fleet, and its sticker price was a hefty $49,780.

Saab said the 2.8-liter V-6 turbo, named as one of the "10 Best Engines" by Ward's AutoWorld magazine, is the most sophisticated turbocharged engine the company has offered. The engine uses a lightweight aluminum cylinder block, an aluminum oil pan and aluminum cylinder heads.

Out on the road, the engine has plenty of muscle. The... Read More