2011 9-5

2011 Saab 9-5

2011 Saab 9-5

Have you driven the 2011 Saab 9-5?

Super New Car

by RAK3 from NJ on Sat Dec 25 2010

I recently bought the Aero and compared it against the BMW 535 and Audi A6 Quattro. It drove as well as the audi and felt less isolated than the BMW. It is very fast and comfortable in the comfort mode and great fun around the bends in sport mode. With great NAV, a heads-up, excellent ventilated sports seats and tons of room, it was MUCH less expensive than the others. ($18k than a comparably equipped BMW) It is also different, which makes me happy. Tomorrow we go up to Massachusetts in the snow. It will be good to see how the AWD handles the snow.

Category beater

by love my saab from Philadelphia, PA on Sat Apr 09 2011

I've had my 2010 9.5 Aero for two weeks, and while I thought it was a great car when I purchased it, it just gets better and better. The professional reviewers who term this car as an "also ran" either aren't doing their homework or are biased, or both - perhaps "dark horse" would be more appropriate. Value, ride, handling, interior, style and looks, all place it above the competition. I looked at Infiniti, Audi, and BMW, and nothing came close in this price range. Very fast, yet the engine is smooth and quiet. The ride is tight, and the sport suspension makes cornering really fun. Steering is precise. On the highway, this car really shines - smooth, quiet, and fast. The "infotainment" system, which includes GPS, XM radio, and iPhone/Pod interface, includes surround sound stereo which sounds amazing (I'm a musician so this is important). The dash layout is typical saab cockpit like, which is very satisfying without being the least bit confining, and the sport seats are the best I've ever experienced. The car has more rear leg room than both the BMW 7 and the Audi 8 Series, which also means more rear leg room than any car in its class, so your passengers will be happy. The headlights turn with the steering wheel - which is very cool and works very well on dark roads. Lane change warning works perfectly, as do the automatic, water sensing windshield wipers - too many advanced features to mention them all. Last but not least, why do all the reviewers bemoan the fact that this car was built with certain GM parts (with lots of Saab Sweden modifications incidentally)? As if BMWs and Audis are known for their dependability and longevity - which they're not! Bottom line - test drive this car and buy it!!!

Great Car

by SAAB Loyalist from Columbia, MD on Thu Apr 11 2013

Replaced my old 9-5 with this and have not been disappointed. Getting great compliments from people that drive BMW 7 Series. Can't wait for SAAB to get back up and running and produce even greater cars without GM holding them back. If you are thinking of buying this car, don't hold back! A great alternative to the too popular BMW's and Audi's. It just has nice understated design and great performance.

A technological tour de force

by Saabophile from South Florida on Sun Apr 24 2011

I never had a better car, nor one that took more time to learn how to use. I recently took delivery of a new Saab 9-5, the Turbo4 Premium model with Technology Package and Nav Infotainment system. Amazing! all the things that it can do. But, for this 65 yr old, it takes time with the Owners Manual to master all its secrets. Once that is done, it's magic. I was especially impressed with the H-K Sound system, and the 10GB HD for storing my favorite tunes. No more fumbling with CDs. The Nav system is impressive with up to the minute road condition messages, whether you are using the Nav system or not. Hands-free Bluetooth and Onstar reports on the car's systems rounds out the package. The ability to customize the vehicle's features, including door locking by remote or passively was a first for me. Can't say enough about it. Highly recommended.

Amazing Car - years ahead of competition

by grandpa bob from New York, Vermont on Wed Jan 09 2013

My daughter has a Benz 550 sport edition model, and thinks our 9-5 is faster and steers better. Head up display at night is amazing. Even puts important navigation information there. Bought a full spare because we go from LI to the woods of Vermont where nearest dealer is 60 miles away, nearest service station and even food market 20 miles and spotty cell service, so keep that in large trunk in winter ... and bought set of winter tires (which we also did on our Volvo S80 and Jeep Grand cherokee). Anyway, amazing traction, road handling, stiff seats, perfect but spartan interior ... best car we have ever owned ... and we have ones over 25 in our lifetime including about 15 luxury cars. Quiet and harmon kardon speakers are perfect. A little while to learn the car ... and we stopped at a bank with my wife sitting in the car ... the taxi driver came out and took a picture and she was wondering ... but his window was open and she heard him say " It is a Saab ... I am telling you a new saab ... Here I have a picture ... No, not a Jaguar ... a Saab) Buy one if you can find one.

Beautiful Car

by Dog's Ride from Indianapolis on Mon Aug 13 2012

I have been very pleased with my purchase of this beautiful car. It is very eye catching, extremely comfortable, and gets great gas mileage for a car this size. We use it for a family sedan and it is perfect for long trips.

On par with its German rivals!

by CurtInFalcon from Colorado Springs, CO on Fri May 27 2011

I've owned my 2010 Saab 9-5 Aero for five weeks now and I absolutely love it. The car is so smooth and precise that the miles just float away. The seats are the best I've yet experienced. The acceleration is very good - not great, but very good especially in the all important 50MPH - 80MPH when passing a slower moving vehicle. My car came without any options yet is packed to the brim with standard features that are not found on the German rivals without adding expensive option packages. I priced Audi and BMW cars and the Saab was by far the better deal. My only complaint is the rather poor gas mileage I get with the 6cyl engine. I'm averaging around 22.5MPG in mostly city driving. Also, the car came without a spare tire which is a huge disappointment. The car does have a tire repair kit and compressor but I think this may not bode well if I have a flat at night or in bad weather. Overall, it's the best Saab I've owned since my 1984 Saab 900 Turbo. Go out and take a test drive - I'm sure you will be impressed.

2011 Saab 9-5 Aero

by DJ from NC on Mon Jun 11 2012

Bought this car about 5 months ago and have just over 7000 miles. So far it has been perfect. In hard interstate driving I am around 27 MPG around 25 daily average. The car just seems to get better. Only complaint is the interior materials are not as nice as I would have hoped but for $33,000 it was such a good deal. Been driving Saabs for 20 years and never been disappointed.

outstanding value

by saabnut from Colorado on Wed Nov 28 2012

This is the 4th SAAB we've owned and we absolutely love it. It handles like a dream and is the best car we've owned so far - including SAABs, Dodge, VW, and Porsche.

2011 9.5 PREMIUM TURBO

by NPI from NEW JERSEY on Tue Oct 01 2013

2yrs. AND LOVING IT .. GETS BETTER GAS MILAGE NOW THEN WHEN NEW. COMFORT STYLE . WOULD BUY THIS AGAIN AND AGAIN.......... JAVA METALIC WITH BIEGE LEATHER INTERIOR ... WHAT A LOOKER . 2 YEARS OLD AND STILL TURNS HEADS.. I THINK GM GOT RID OF IT BECAUSE IT WAS TO MUCH COMPETITION FOR THE REST OF IT'S LUXURY LINE. GO OUT AND SEE . WHAT WAS STANDARD IN THIS CAR WASN'T EVEN AN OPTION ON OTHERS . STILL RUNS LIKE NEW , KEEPING THIS ONE . BOUGHT NEW EVERY YEAR . BUT NOW I FOUND IT .

1 2 3 4 5