2007 Outlook

2007 Saturn Outlook

2007 Saturn Outlook

3.8

Have You Driven the 2007 Saturn Outlook?

So quite you need to check the tach.

by Chipper from Orrington, Maine on Wed Apr 11 2007

Literally, I was on the Interstate and I checked the tach to make sure the engine hadn't stopped. Our Outlook is that quite. Under 2,000 miles. Have the XR with AWD. Came from a 2002 VUE w/ AWD. The only reason for the downgrade under features is that the VUE had a fold flat front passenger seat with a hardback traytop which is missing from the Outlook. I liked that a lot and miss it. Very impressed with the design attention to interior detail at this price. Subtle things: driver / passenger footwells illuminated with amber spots when the door opens; tiny amber spotlight for the console; hard rubber pad to dampen key ring rattle against the steering coilumn; footrest for the driver is rubber covered, elevated and lets wet footwear drain to the floormat. I love the 6 speed auto which lets you maintain lower speed limits. It gives you the flexibility of a 6 speed standard. Its a big feeling vehicle and its easy to exceed 25 and 35 MPH speedlimits, so I keep the transmission in 2nd or 3rd to help me stay ticket free. Great acelleration, actually fun to drive, very comfortable for me at 6 feet 260 and my wife at 5'8'' 130. Safety features are exceptional. You can turn off traction control if you need to rock your way out of mud or snow. Full air bag coverage. On Star is now a must have for our family. Winter driving in the northeast is much more worry free with On Star. Add to that the built-in cell phone for which you buy minutes, it is a total safety package. I also have the high intensity headlamps. Never had them before. Won't do without them again. Tremendous raodside illumination to pick up deer and moose on our dark rural roads. And of course the buying experience, at least for me, was exceptional. Saturn is probably not the company folks first think of for this great a vehicle, but thgey will. Completely satisfied. For me Saturn is the GM flagship.

My Saturn is out of this world

by SUV driver from Maine on Fri Jul 02 2010

I purchased my 07 Outlook in March of 08 (it had roughly 23K miles) I did not want to jump to the 8cyl large SUV class: this vehicle has been a great choice. In roughly the year and a half that I have owned it - it has yet to give me an issue (now at 55K miles) I find it very comfortable and it has surpassed my expectations with ease. I highly recommend this vehicle.

OUTSTANDING AND LOOKS GREAT

by Kuchster from Williamstown, NJ on Wed Jan 23 2008

I have owned a lot of vehicles, which include new Cadis, Lincolns, Honda's and other. This Outlook is by far the nicest car I have ever owned! I have had people come up to me and ask me about it, and I am pleased to share how I fel with them. We get about 26 mPG on the highway

Headroom galore!

by Aimes from Central FL on Wed Jul 06 2011

I just bought my new (to me) Outlook today. I was looking for a mid size SUV. I test drove others, but none compared to this one! I am 6' and my husband is 6'6'' and we fit with room to spare! With all of the features for the price I was amazed. I'm excited for all of the future roadtrips I'm going to have over the life of this one!

What build quality?

by Indy Outlook from Indianapolis, IN on Fri Sep 21 2007

ABS brake system makes clicking noise during self diagnosis at start up. Dealer says this is normal, VERY annoying. Front power seat rails have rough spot in track, dealer ordered in three sets of rails all were defective, replaced with rails from another new vehicle on their lot. Same problem now with those rails. Rear seat cushion does not latch properly. Dealer inspected other new Outlooks and they all did the same thing. Dealer says our is normal. Unacceptable !! Same lag as everybody else with the transmission. Have to manually downshift going up slight grade. Has been in the shop 12 days in 6 months. Lots of room and comfortable to drive. Good looks inside and out. Just VERY disappointed with small quality problems.

Does not recommend this car!!

Super smooth

by Biggee Jack from Grand Rapids, mi on Wed Mar 28 2012

Roomy interior for an SUV, quiet smooth shifting ride. Mid 20's MPG highway too! No complaints, GM has a winner in this SUV!!

Room and Power

by Like to Drive from Columbus, OH on Fri Oct 19 2007

Have been looking at the Outlook for awhile, I have three kids and they can all sit comfortably in the second row. Plenty of room in the third row and a ton a cargo space when the rear seat is dropped down. Outlook has plenty of power to get onto the highway. Have been averaging 21 MPG with mixed city/highway driving. Hve had a problem when it rains, the rain collects on the rear hatch and when you open it, the rain pours off of the hatch and gets everything around it wet. Fuel gauge is sticking when it gets below a 1/4 tank and is parked in the driveway on an incline, I get the low fuel message. Saturn tells me they have a fix in the works but nothing yet.

Lots of room and comfortable seating.

by Cheapskate from Pennsylvania on Tue Jul 20 2010

Very well designed car. Same body frame as a GMC Acadia, but less money spent. I would recommend car. Comfortable for a large family.

Almost too early to tell

by Almost 60 from Holland, MI on Thu Nov 21 2013

This is a review after only 3 weeks. I had my 2000 Durango for 8 years, so I don't buy cars all that often. Initially I love the vehicle. The looks, out and in, the room, the options, are all great. Performance seems good but I don't have a lot to compare it against. The previous owner had the transmission replace not long before trading it in, and in less than 3 weeks, I've replaced the water pump. Unfortunately, I checked Consumer Reports after buying this and this is one of the cars on their "do not buy" list! Oh well. Time will tell if I like this as well as my old Durango. If that car wasn't falling apart with rust, I'd probably still have it. I'm pretty easy on cars, not a lot of miles, so I'm hoping I still love it several years from now like I love it now. Time will tell.

Wow!

by I love Saturn again from Charleston, SC on Tue Jul 24 2007

I had a 2005 Saturn Relay and HATED IT!!! It had electical demons. However, I have owned 3 Saturns and this was the only car that gave me major problems... hence the reason they stopped making the Relays. But, my lease ended and I drove an Outlook and immediately fell in love! I have had it a couple of weeks and just took it on a long road trip and had no problems. It rode on the highway GREAT! Smooth, quiet and the kids loved looking at the airplanes flying over through the backseat sunroof. Would definataly recommend... actually insist getting this car for a family with kids!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Saturn Outlook

Note: This December 2006 review refers to hesitation in the Outlook’s acceleration that I deemed a deal-breaker — a sentiment later reinforced by several Cars.com visitors who had test-driven the model. Saturn has addressed this, and I recently drove the GMC Acadia, the Outlook’s sister model that Saturn says has the same exact drivetrain with the new calibration. I’m pleased to issue a clean bill of health. Accelerator lag is no longer an issue, which makes both of these models truly impressive new options for the crossover SUV shopper. —Joe Wiesenfelder, March 21, 2007

The eight-seat Saturn Outlook SUV, along with its sister vehicles from Buick and GMC, could prove to be the best... Read More