2016 Crosstrek

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.9 out of 5 starsReliability

Second Subaru

by DJTerry from Dallas, TX on April 24, 2016

We previously owned a 2014 Subaru Forester. It met all of our needs, but the infotainment system was enough to drive a sane man crazy. While we loved the practicality and reliability, the '14 Forester was a bit loud and choppy to drive. The Crosstrek we bought this year is, by comparison, perfect. We still get Subie reliability and go-anywhere all wheel drive, but the Crosstrek is a far more civilized vehicle to drive. The Crosstrek is quiet at all speeds, the ride is far more cars-like, and it is just the right size--still plenty of ground clearance, but since it is a bit shorter and in length and height, it feel like we're driving a tall car, not a rough SUV. No, engine power is not overwhelming, but it's more than enough for in-town trips and even highway journeys. For these attributes compared to most CUV's/SUV's we gave-up a bit of cabin space, but that's about it. My only complaint is the very light starring at freeway speeds, but that's about it. MPG is excellent, seat comfort (even without power adjustments) is excellent, visibility is great and the Eyesight System is a must-have. We feel such security with all of the safety features and can't imagine living without the adaptive cruise control, parking and driving sensors, etc. Eyesight alone makes this car amazing since competitors don't yet compete with their lesser and more expensive options. After 4,000 miles we've fallen in love with this Subaru. It's not too big (as with some SUV's) and not too small (like many subcompact SUV's), it't the perfect size for younger people without kids and older people who are now empty nesters.

2017 CROSSTREK PREMIUM=SWISS ARMY RIDE

by greyghost from on February 24, 2017

Having owned 6 Subarus, I again explored other brands and boomeranged back to Subaru. The 2017 Crosstrek Premium fits my needs of an all-in-one SUV. The quality and dependability of Subaru has always impressed me. For the price of this car, you get a lot. As far as attributes, I would say MPG, comfort, styling, handling, features and value are foremost. Concerning the media gripe of being under powered, I disagree. For a car this size, 148 horsepower moves it a long quite well, The CVT does a great job of adapting to all types of driving. Living in the heart of the Allegheny Mountains east of Pittsburgh PA, I 'm pleased with the performance. Negatives I noticed are definitely the seat heater switch location, lack of storage compartments/ cubbies, in the cargo area, and no option for a power seat. Summing up the 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Premium, its has all you will need, and will last a long time.

2016 Crosstrek

by Spitfire1! from on March 7, 2017

I bought my Crosstrek Limited in October, so I've had the whole winter to drive before reviewing it. Positives are: Love, love,love the way it handles in some tough winter weather. It's fun to drive. Comfortable ride and smooth shifting with lots of leg room in front and back as well. Love the added extras, like the blind spot monitoring ,side traffic alert and automatic rear view mirror dimmer. The negatives: Engine is a bit on the noisy side, especially in acceleration. Stereo system is something to be desired, even with 6 speakers I have to crank it up just to hear decent quality sound. I haven't gotten to setting up my phone or using some of the other apps yet, but I do like satellite radio. The heating system needs to be rethought out in their future models. It takes some time to really warm up and it doesn't seem to heat the windshield like its suppose to,but the heated leather seats are nice. The clear coat on the vehicle doesn't seem to be as tough as it should. I already have 3 chips on the hood already and will need to have the whole hood repainted now. I highly recommend if considering buying a Crosstrek with leather, to avoid the cream colored seats. You notice every little spot on them and I purchased some highly recommended leather cleaner and it is almost impossible to remove any small mark. I am very satisfied with the car overall.The main reason I purchased it is because I have a long commute to work and the car does a great job getting me back and forth to work safely in rough weather and that was my main reason for the purchase. I do feel very safe in it.

Never did I ever think I would go back to a Subaru

by Rotties4Ever from CT on May 3, 2017

I've owned several Subaru Legacy's and was disgusted with the "head gasket" issue. It would blow every 30k miles and it was not cheap to replace. I then purchased a Subaru Spec B - and that was the biggest piece of garbage that ever rolled off the line. So even entertaining the thought of a Subaru was iffy, I did research the Crosstrek in great detail and found it to be good car based on the ratings. I did test drive one and was impressed. First, the majority of the options I wanted was in the premium package which made life a little simpler. My biggest dilemma was what color - I did purchase the body side molding and the rain guards and installed them myself, it was too expensive to have the dealership do it. I liked the car so much and even my son like it, so he got rid of his "kia" and purchased a Crosstrek. Best bang for the buck! Remember this is a 4 cylinder so if its "POWER" (like a Corvette) you want, this is not the car for you. It is roomy, I like the interior, everything is within hands reach which helps keep your eyes on the road. No road noise, notta. I can't really find anything wrong with it- I will say Tim at Holmgren Subaru was great on the deal, no pressure no bull.

Best car for the cash

by JasonB from Pisgah, Iowa on March 21, 2017

The Subaru Crosstrek is the best car you can buy for the money. No American car can provide the same features and reliability for the price.

There's nothing I don't love.

by bethm from Chicago, Il on June 28, 2017

This has easily been the best car I've owned! With a mesh of style, comfort and value, it's the perfect car and suits my active lifestyle. At any given point, I have camping gear, a bike or my 80 lb dog in the back!

Fits me perfect

by Sunny from Austin, Colorado on March 30, 2017

Love my Crosstrek, it is so easy to drive, no blind spots, great pick up and gas mileage. Sporty and Sensible

Love this car!

by msrts from CT on April 18, 2017

I leased a new Crosstrek a little over a year ago. The car has lived up to all of my expectations and all of the reviews that raved about how good it is. I commute at least an hour each day and I never find myself uncomfortable. The seats are very well made and very comfortable. After 25,000 miles in the first year, the car is still as good as it was the day I picked it up from my Subaru dealership! I am truly in love with this car!

Love this car.

by A. Benton from Virginia Beach on August 2, 2017

This car was a quick purchase decision for me. I liked the exterior design so I decided this would be one to test drive. It was the only one I test drove. The interior is roomy, big enough and durable enough to haul 3 active dogs to the park and there are so many accessories you can purchase to customize to your needs. Personally, I needed covers for the interior and they have held up incredibly well to the dog clan. Gas mileage is good and upkeep easy. I love this car.

Love this car!

by NewtHyperbluecrosstrek23 from on May 16, 2017

I found this car on Cars.com, it was slightly used as a dealership loaner for the service dept. It was everything I wanted, sporty, fun color (hyper blue), reliable and amazing as always all wheel drive. The only way I could get rid of my subaru, was for another one... that's just what I did and couldn't be happier.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7