2009 Legacy

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Car!

by Alex from Concord NH on January 4, 2011

I have a 2009 Legacy and I Love it. The seats could be more comfortable and I definitely want leather next time. (the seats get dirty easily) I find the exterior styling to be understated and attractive. The interior is very clean and functional. The Harmon/Kardon sound system sounds rich and is a nice feature. It can drive through any weather, the awd system works flawlessly. This car is amazing in the snow, I don't think I could get this car stuck if I tried! The peace of mind I get, knowing I can get from A to B without having to worry, makes this car great!

Excellent all around car

by New to Subaru from Apollo, Pa on August 16, 2012

Great value for the money. Front seat has 8 ways to adjust for comfort. It is like sitting with a lumbar support. Conforms to your lower back for supreme comfort. Interior design is good but it does need a longer middle arm rest support for greater comfort. Head space is a little lacking especially for a big guy when entering the vehicle but otherwise ok once in the car. It does not have pockets in the back doors which would be nice. Sound system is awesome. Holds the road well especially in the rain attributited to the AWD and 17 inch tires. Has a stable and smooth ride on the highway. I did have to adjust my pulling out time because it is a 4 cyclinder and I was used to a 6 but still has good acceleration. Has large capacity trunk space. Overall a great buy.

Very nice, reliable

by henman911 from Cincinnati, OH on April 12, 2012

I purchased my 2009 Legacy Special Edition used. It is my second Legacy. The car is comfortable, the power seat allows for a refined seating position making long drives comfortable. Neither of my two Legacys have had ANY mechanical problems. The interior quality is superb; dash and doors have softer plastic, the seats are a hgher quality cloth, the upgraded Harmon Kardon stereo is excellent. My sole complaint about either Legacy is road noise. These cars seem on par with some of the Hondas I have driven; not exactly the most effective in stopping road noise from intruding into the vehicle cabin. Mine is a 4 cylinder automatic; I utilze the manual shifter which gives a better feeling of control. AWD and snow= NO PROBLEM. My mileage is 30-32 in the highway ( 70-75 mph ) and I average 24-25 around town,. NOOO complaints. Subaru has done well with this Legacy !

Most Well Rounded Car

by Seagullman from Maryland on August 6, 2012

PRO'S ****************** Smooth Ride Handles Well in all types of weather Amazing All-Wheel Drive Traction 30 MPG on Highway with A/C Harmon Kardon Sound System is Rock Solid Interior Styling CON'S ****************** Engine Noise Mushy 4 Speed Transmission Get the GT if you want more power than an Accord

BEST AFFORDABLE AWD

by HOT ROD from Gurnee, IL on October 18, 2014

I purchased my car used with 36,000 miles on it last year. I drive 100 miles a day commuting to Chicago. I now have 75k miles on my Subaru with no problems at all. I average 34 mpg on the hwy driving 65-70mph. City driving avg. 22mpg. The best fuel for this car is BP Gas. Trust me I have tried them all. The performance and the gas mileage is great with it. The car handles very well in all weather especially Snow. I pass some Jeeps on the highways with their mouth open like wow... The All Season tires I use which are great for my Subie are Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2. I hope this information provided helps anyone thats looking for a Subie. 2009's Rock

Great Car

by K.Stankye from Derby,CT on July 6, 2017

I have owned this car since Feb of 2017. I bought it from a dealership with 98k miles on it and have had no problems (currently at 103k miles) the look of it is stunning from both close up and far away. The steering on the vehicle is nice and tight and hugs every turn I go into. It is a solid car in the snow and can't wait for this winter to come up to see if I can have some real fun with it!

First Suby

by BrokenOldBottles from Jersey Shore on September 23, 2012

Bought this car used Aug 2012 with 15K on it.Car is very clean. Seems a bit underpowered with the AC on, but other than that it handles just as I hoped it would. We travel to VT many times a year in all seasons and needed the ability to get there when we need to get there, so the Subaru looked to be the answer. We also looked at the Ford Fusion AWD, but the choices were few. Also looked at KIA, Hyundai, Nissan and Toyota but as our focus was on AWD and a used car this Subaru seems to fit the bill. Check back with me in two years.

Best car I've ever owned!

by car_guy03 from San Francisco, CA on May 2, 2017

I purchased this car right after college because my car at the time wouldn't have made the 2700 mile drive from Indiana to California, where I was attending graduate school. I've now owned this car for 5 years and I can't say enough great things about it. 2009 was the last year for the slimmer, more sleek body style before Subaru moved onto the more classic mid-sized sedan body style. But the best part about this car is the reliability. Not once in the 5 years that I've owned the car, have I had to receive any major work done. Outside of the normal wear and tear, I've driven this car for 75,000 miles now and it's still going strong! I can't recommend this car enough!

Dependable if taken care of

by Stash from Chicago, IL on September 5, 2017

Car is solid year round whether it's snowing/pouring out. Took us on numerous road trips around the country with zero issues. The 2.5 motors tend to get bad reputation due to head gasket failure. I personally did not have that problem but then again I religiously perform all the required maintenance and simply "take care" of it. I'm sure it's ready for another 100k miles with us.

Great Choice

by Legs from Poolesville, Md on May 19, 2011

Everything that I was hoping for - fun, easy to drive, sporty and gets good fuel mileage. I would highly recommend this auto to anyone that is looking for an inexpensive sedan that had all wheel drive.

1 2 3 4