2014 Jetta

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Love my car!!!

by Palmtree151 from Rockford,IL on May 9, 2014

Just wanted to say I love my 2014 VW Jetta!! The salesman was super in helping me pick out the right car for my needs! Once we took it for a test drive I knew it was the one. I plan on driving this car for a long time and the 5 star safety was a sure seller. I feel comfortable driving the car and I know everyone else is too! So it's a winner in our book.

A Very Nice Car

by Flyer63 from Seattle on February 7, 2015

I drove a 2001 Jetta GL with 2.0 engine and 5 speed manual for 14 years. It was very dependable and a great car. I purchased my 2014 Jetta SE in March of 2014. It has been a great car too. The new 1.8T motor is a good one. Mileage is 32-33 mpg to and from work and tops out at about 40 mpg on the highway. Uses regular gas too! The 6 speed automatic transmission is set up to keep rpm's low unless you use the sport mode. Lots of power too when you step on the gas pedal. Merging onto the freeway is easy with lots of power to spare. The interior is simple and functional. No learning curve here. Doesn't have a lot of confusing buttons and levers. You know what everything does from the very beginning. Nice dash layout. The exterior is simple but pleasing. The ride is firm but not harsh. Seats are very supportive and comfortable. The drive train is very smooth and quiet. There is no wind noise. Handling is very good as well with little or no body lean in quick turns. Interior room is very generous (I am 6'1") as is trunk space. I have over 12,000 miles now and have had no problems. I didn't get the connectivity upgrade as I am not a big whistles and bells guy. Overall, I am very pleased with this car. Incidently my wife and my dad both drive Jettas. We have purshased our last 4 cars at the same VW dealer and have been well treated. The only things I would change would be to put a pressurized cylinder on the hood replacing the prop rod, a temperature guage in the dash and the 2001 style hinges on the trunk instead of the goose neck arms that take away some usable trunk space.

My best car yet

by Likes my car from Pittsburgh, PA on June 6, 2014

I would recommend a VW Jetta to all my friends. I love the way it drives and the gas mileage. It is an extremely good looking car and the interior is very comfortable. Very affordable, well-built and reliable car.

VW GLI DSG AUTOBAHN W/ NAV

by VWCAL from Spring, TX on October 25, 2013

With 1900 miles on the car, and both spirited and casual driving, I can say this car performs very well. Performance The GLI is now running on the 2nd Gen 2.0T FSI Engine, and makes 210 hp. The low-end torque is really what makes the GLI shine at 207 ft/tq @ 1700rpm. Expect a 0-60 from a standing launch-controlled position between 5.9 and 6.5 sec (depending on conditions and driver). Fantastic highway rider, road noise is damm near non-existent. The cabin remains quite when cruising normally, but turns into something ferocious when pushing it at 7/10ths. The car is fitted w/ Dunlop AS High Performance tires, which are overall OK, but I think the car should be standard with performance summer-tires. Exhaust note is loud when you want it to be, and silent vice-versa. The DSG is the transmission to get, just unreal gear change speeds w/ very very little lag. Interior Is a very nice place to be in, red stitching is a nice touch, the v-tex faux leather is VERY convincing, the steering wheel is hands down one of the best in the market, soft touch dash is very nice however, there are scattered hard plastics under dash and on top of door sill. Sport Seats are well-bolstered, not to tight, not to loose. Exterior The GLI looks much like a baby Audi A4, with the LED tailights, Bi-Xenon/LED headlights, the subtle sport styling of the bumpers, red brake-calipers, lower ride height, and the 18-inch wheels makes the car look slightly aggressive. The overall style still looks a bit conservative, but very handsome nonetheless( mine is in platinum gray metallic). Value The GLI's competition varies from the Subaru WRX, at the far end , and the Civic Si 4-door at the lower end of the performance spectrum. The GLI is a good middle ground between the two. What the GLI loses in speed and raw power against the WRX, it gains in a more mature, refined look, and practicality. The Si, is really no competition to the GLI period, in terms of performance or practicality. Below 30K will get you the Top-of-the-line GLI Reliabilty VW has cleaned up alot of reliabilty issues as of late, I have no issues with this car EXCEPT, the engine check light keeps coming on when the gas cap is loose, than it doesn't wanna cut back off when everything is normal, gets annoying to stop at the dealer to get the check light cleared.

Spacious and sporty

by Hannah from Salem Ohio on March 18, 2017

Great car, does good in snow, smooth drive.. much more spacious then previous Jettas. Has speed! Can literally go from 0mph to 40mph in half a second. Offers sportsmode shift which pretty much means louder and faster. Sleek and smooth design. Audio is great. Very comfortable! I could sleep in drivers seat, easily. I do wish I had heated seats though because the leather seats can be really cold in winter. Honestly no complaints besides wishing I had the upgrades like ashtray, moon roof, etc. Good gas mileage, takes 23 to fill tank and I can go a week before filling up, about 27 miles per gallon. If you have a Volkswagen I recommend using premium gas and taking care of it. Volkswagens can be great cars and run good up to 300k miles, if you take care of them! Change oil, get spark plugs changed occasionally, small maintenance will lengthen your cars life! I am a 3rd time Volkswagen owner, great cars. Very impressed with how safe they feel and how good they do in snow.

Biggest Little Small Car Out There

by New VW Jetta Enthusiast from San Antonio, TX on July 21, 2015

Never had driven a VW Jetta and cannot believe what I was missing. Incredible interior space, especially in the back seat and trunk. Very tight and responsive drive.

You Jetta Believa

by Jetta Newbie from San Antonio, TX on August 6, 2014

Needed a new car for my 100 mile round trip commute everyday and I couldn't be happier with my 2014 Jetta TDI. I chose the next-to-the-top trim which includes a sunroof, Fender 6-speaker system (which totally rocks, btw) touchscreen satttelite/6-CD radio and bluetooth/Ipod connectivity. I've put on 7500 miles on it in 3 months with a combination of about 75% highway and 25% city and consistently get 35-40 mpg. I was very surpised by the snappy pickup and handling from the turbo 2.0, lots of fun to drive while rocking out to Hair Nation on the satellite radio. Larger than expected truck and backseat. I'm a large guy and the only minor complaint is entering and exiting the vehicle. Once you're in though, there's plenty of leg and headroom. A/C system is a bit on the noisy side, but I'll trade in a little noise for an efficient system anyday here in the San Antonio heat. The extended free maintenance (5 years) and warranty (7 years) were also big factors in choosing the Jetta TDI as this is my first diesel. Overall it has exceeded all expectations.

Once was a Japanese enthusiast....

by The Fish Lady from Monument Beach, MA on July 19, 2014

I recently purchased the Value Edition Jetta TDi and I am quite taken with the 'value' in this car. I am going through a mid life crisis and wanted to find a car that was fun to drive again now that my child is all grown up and I don't need a mommy wagon any more. I have always loved Japanese manufacturers for their reliability and their practical styles, but couldn't get both fun driving and good fuel economy in the same car on any of the models I drove. I searched for months for just the right vehicle. I still have my mommy wagon so the need was not rushed. But it got quite frustrating over that time. Then my son suggested I try the TDi since it has spunk and gets excellent fuel economy. Well, he was right! The diesel engine is quiet and not at all like old school diesels of the past. The body feels solid and the car feels heavy which makes me feel safe behind the wheel. I am enjoying having a standard transmission, the 6 speed is something new for me. I am averaging 46 mpg, and that is impressive in itself but the thing I am really sold on is the pick up this car has when needed. I forgot how fun driving can be. The value edition has all the bells and whistles I need and so far I only have issue with the sedan part, as I can't quite fit everything in the back of this car. I wish I could have spent the exte $5000 for the wagon but all in all, its a great car.

Great car

by T.white from Hyde park , ma on April 23, 2014

I went to vw gallery of Norwood I had great service from Eddie A he was a great guy and really helped me out and I recommend that everybody come see him cause he will leave you satisfied and happy and you leave the dealership

Jetta SE 1.8L turbo automatic

by AndyC from Idaho on April 27, 2017

I love this car. It gets better than the EPA rated gas mileage, usually around 40mpg on the highway and 34-36 in town. It's extremely comfortable and roomy for me, and I'm 6'3"; it doesn't feel like a small car at all. The seat material is very soft, and comfortable on long drives even with my hip replacements. I constantly get compliments on how nice it looks, no tacky/gaudy chrome trim. The audio is great. The trunk is huge, and has been great on road trips with the family, in fact being easier to fit everything than the full size luxury sedan I had before it. In 2 years I've had zero maintenance issues, it's as reliable as they get as long as you keep your fluids and simple things up to date. It accelerates when you need it to and handles great, very easy steering. The heater gets it warm quick in the snow, and the air is ice cold in the summer. There's not a single thing I can think of not to like about it. The so called professional car critics really missed the mark on this one. Maybe it looks a little plain, but I'm so tired of cars with gaudy fake chrome trim in places it doesn't belong and all that... it still looks more sleek and aerodynamic than most cars made a few years before it, so it's not that plain. The interior definitely doesn't look or feel cheap either... seems like the pro critics all got together and decided to hate on this car for no real good reason.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14