2014 Jetta

2014 Volkswagen Jetta

2014 Volkswagen Jetta

Have You Driven the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta?

Love my car!!!

by Palmtree151 from Rockford,IL on Fri May 09 2014

Just wanted to say I love my 2014 VW Jetta!! The salesman was super in helping me pick out the right car for my needs! Once we took it for a test drive I knew it was the one. I plan on driving this car for a long time and the 5 star safety was a sure seller. I feel comfortable driving the car and I know everyone else is too! So it's a winner in our book.

A Very Nice Car

by Flyer63 from Seattle on Sat Feb 07 2015

I drove a 2001 Jetta GL with 2.0 engine and 5 speed manual for 14 years. It was very dependable and a great car. I purchased my 2014 Jetta SE in March of 2014. It has been a great car too. The new 1.8T motor is a good one. Mileage is 32-33 mpg to and from work and tops out at about 40 mpg on the highway. Uses regular gas too! The 6 speed automatic transmission is set up to keep rpm's low unless you use the sport mode. Lots of power too when you step on the gas pedal. Merging onto the freeway is easy with lots of power to spare. The interior is simple and functional. No learning curve here. Doesn't have a lot of confusing buttons and levers. You know what everything does from the very beginning. Nice dash layout. The exterior is simple but pleasing. The ride is firm but not harsh. Seats are very supportive and comfortable. The drive train is very smooth and quiet. There is no wind noise. Handling is very good as well with little or no body lean in quick turns. Interior room is very generous (I am 6'1") as is trunk space. I have over 12,000 miles now and have had no problems. I didn't get the connectivity upgrade as I am not a big whistles and bells guy. Overall, I am very pleased with this car. Incidently my wife and my dad both drive Jettas. We have purshased our last 4 cars at the same VW dealer and have been well treated. The only things I would change would be to put a pressurized cylinder on the hood replacing the prop rod, a temperature guage in the dash and the 2001 style hinges on the trunk instead of the goose neck arms that take away some usable trunk space.

My best car yet

by Likes my car from Pittsburgh, PA on Fri Jun 06 2014

I would recommend a VW Jetta to all my friends. I love the way it drives and the gas mileage. It is an extremely good looking car and the interior is very comfortable. Very affordable, well-built and reliable car.

Biggest Little Small Car Out There

by New VW Jetta Enthusiast from San Antonio, TX on Tue Jul 21 2015

Never had driven a VW Jetta and cannot believe what I was missing. Incredible interior space, especially in the back seat and trunk. Very tight and responsive drive.

Inexpensive car to operate!!

by Schwedebalz from Rochester, NY on Wed Jan 23 2019

I purchased a 14 Jetta as a second vehicle when I retired. I didn’t drive a lot and wanted to save money fuel wise. Things changed in 2017 when we lost a company vehicle. The car is now used daily. From new to 2017 there were 20,000 miles and from summer 2017 until now it’s 43505. I keep the car regularly maintained and very clean. That car has been waxed twice a year since new. Inspected in October and had a new set of tires at the same time. The mileage on the highway pushes 33-36 mpg and in the city it’s probably 25. Car is a gem and has the documents to prove it.

VW GLI DSG AUTOBAHN W/ NAV

by VWCAL from Spring, TX on Fri Oct 25 2013

With 1900 miles on the car, and both spirited and casual driving, I can say this car performs very well. Performance The GLI is now running on the 2nd Gen 2.0T FSI Engine, and makes 210 hp. The low-end torque is really what makes the GLI shine at 207 ft/tq @ 1700rpm. Expect a 0-60 from a standing launch-controlled position between 5.9 and 6.5 sec (depending on conditions and driver). Fantastic highway rider, road noise is damm near non-existent. The cabin remains quite when cruising normally, but turns into something ferocious when pushing it at 7/10ths. The car is fitted w/ Dunlop AS High Performance tires, which are overall OK, but I think the car should be standard with performance summer-tires. Exhaust note is loud when you want it to be, and silent vice-versa. The DSG is the transmission to get, just unreal gear change speeds w/ very very little lag. Interior Is a very nice place to be in, red stitching is a nice touch, the v-tex faux leather is VERY convincing, the steering wheel is hands down one of the best in the market, soft touch dash is very nice however, there are scattered hard plastics under dash and on top of door sill. Sport Seats are well-bolstered, not to tight, not to loose. Exterior The GLI looks much like a baby Audi A4, with the LED tailights, Bi-Xenon/LED headlights, the subtle sport styling of the bumpers, red brake-calipers, lower ride height, and the 18-inch wheels makes the car look slightly aggressive. The overall style still looks a bit conservative, but very handsome nonetheless( mine is in platinum gray metallic). Value The GLI's competition varies from the Subaru WRX, at the far end , and the Civic Si 4-door at the lower end of the performance spectrum. The GLI is a good middle ground between the two. What the GLI loses in speed and raw power against the WRX, it gains in a more mature, refined look, and practicality. The Si, is really no competition to the GLI period, in terms of performance or practicality. Below 30K will get you the Top-of-the-line GLI Reliabilty VW has cleaned up alot of reliabilty issues as of late, I have no issues with this car EXCEPT, the engine check light keeps coming on when the gas cap is loose, than it doesn't wanna cut back off when everything is normal, gets annoying to stop at the dealer to get the check light cleared.

You Jetta Believa

by Jetta Newbie from San Antonio, TX on Wed Aug 06 2014

Needed a new car for my 100 mile round trip commute everyday and I couldn't be happier with my 2014 Jetta TDI. I chose the next-to-the-top trim which includes a sunroof, Fender 6-speaker system (which totally rocks, btw) touchscreen satttelite/6-CD radio and bluetooth/Ipod connectivity. I've put on 7500 miles on it in 3 months with a combination of about 75% highway and 25% city and consistently get 35-40 mpg. I was very surpised by the snappy pickup and handling from the turbo 2.0, lots of fun to drive while rocking out to Hair Nation on the satellite radio. Larger than expected truck and backseat. I'm a large guy and the only minor complaint is entering and exiting the vehicle. Once you're in though, there's plenty of leg and headroom. A/C system is a bit on the noisy side, but I'll trade in a little noise for an efficient system anyday here in the San Antonio heat. The extended free maintenance (5 years) and warranty (7 years) were also big factors in choosing the Jetta TDI as this is my first diesel. Overall it has exceeded all expectations.

Jetta SE 1.8L turbo automatic

by AndyC from Idaho on Thu Apr 27 2017

I love this car. It gets better than the EPA rated gas mileage, usually around 40mpg on the highway and 34-36 in town. It's extremely comfortable and roomy for me, and I'm 6'3"; it doesn't feel like a small car at all. The seat material is very soft, and comfortable on long drives even with my hip replacements. I constantly get compliments on how nice it looks, no tacky/gaudy chrome trim. The audio is great. The trunk is huge, and has been great on road trips with the family, in fact being easier to fit everything than the full size luxury sedan I had before it. In 2 years I've had zero maintenance issues, it's as reliable as they get as long as you keep your fluids and simple things up to date. It accelerates when you need it to and handles great, very easy steering. The heater gets it warm quick in the snow, and the air is ice cold in the summer. There's not a single thing I can think of not to like about it. The so called professional car critics really missed the mark on this one. Maybe it looks a little plain, but I'm so tired of cars with gaudy fake chrome trim in places it doesn't belong and all that... it still looks more sleek and aerodynamic than most cars made a few years before it, so it's not that plain. The interior definitely doesn't look or feel cheap either... seems like the pro critics all got together and decided to hate on this car for no real good reason.

I would buy it again

by Big Billy Joe from Davenport, IA on Sat Jan 19 2019

I purchased a 2014 Jetta GLI with 45k miles on it in 2016. The previous owner had just done the 40k mile service. Overall ride is fairly stiff, but an absolute blast to drive. I upgraded the brake rotors and pads to increase performance, as well as had my engine tuned from an APR dealer. I now have 90k miles on the Jetta, and all wear has been exactly as expected. Scheduled maintenance is more expensive than compared models, but overall performance is much better, and there are no hidden surprises.

Best of the Jettas

by BenGLI from St. Simons Island on Mon Jan 29 2018

I should start this review with that I've had three Mk6(2011-2018) Jettas, a 2011 SEL Manual, 2013 TDI Premium DSG and this review is over my 2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn(w/ Nav.) Manual. The '11-14 Jettas have some of the best stylings in their segment and have a wide range of trims for any buyer. The GLI Autobahn w/ Navigation is probably the top of the trims for these cars. It offers navigation, sunroof, heated and power 'leather' seats, Fender Audio, and automatic climate control. It feels solid inside and is fairly comfortable on long trips(although legroom may be tight for tall drivers). The stock power is plenty of pep to have fun on a back road, and if you opt for the fast-shifting DSG, you'll have a great car for an urban area. The manual option is easy to drive and feels good, although maybe not the greatest shifter feel for a performance car. The power is pretty good for a peppy commuter car that you may take to an AutoX or nice backcountry road, and if that is not enough there are many aftermarket options to make this car as fast as you'd like. I have done such modifications, such as an APR 'Stage 2' ECU Flash and aftermarket downpipe, intake and clutch. The only true downfall of the '11-18 Jetta is the interior quality versus its sister car, the GTI. To make the Jetta the most inexpensive car in the lineup, they use plastics that are not great to the touch. If you get past the plastics, the rest of the car is amazingly solid and great fun to drive and efficient enough to take on trips across the country. It says something that I've bought three of these cars in a row, and do not foresee getting rid of the current GLI. I have put about 50k miles on this car in just under 4 years, and have only had one issue with the car, which was covered under my warranty(Adaptive Headlight fault, not common). This is the ONLY issue I've had in a combined almost 200k miles I've put on the three Jettas. I suggest if you are buying one used, to be sure that the car has been cared for previously, and have the car get a pre-purchase inspection(PPI). Lack of maintenance will be the greatest cost in the ownership of these cars, especially with the DSG transmission.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19

Our Take on the 2014 Volkswagen Jetta

The 2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE is an amenable car with enough extras to keep you comfortable, but it doesn’t strike much of an emotional chord with me.

A whole segment of the population is not only content disappearing into the background in life, but actually seeks ways of camouflaging themselves through their daily drive as well. The Jetta is the car for them.

VW’s best-selling car, the Jetta comes in 14 styles, including multiple versions of the GLI, SEL, SE, TDI, S and Base. I drove an SE with Connectivity and Sunroof packages. New for this year is a multilink rear suspension, and SE and SEL versions get a new turbocharged, 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine, replacing the earlier non-turbo... Read More