Model Details

2008 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

Average based on 26 reviews

I love my VW Passat!!

by from Lebanon, MO on June 6, 2011

We've only had it 3 months but we're loving it so far. It's luxury-like and the gas mileage is excellent (near 30 mpg). I was a bit afraid to downsize from an SUV to a mid-size sedan but it's been an easy adjustment since the Passat is so fun to drive. The interior is great and I love the little extras like the iPhone aux outlet, back seat window shades (for my kiddos) and bluetooth capability. I get a lot of compliments on my pretty car and most say it looks like a high-end sedan. If you're considering a sedan, I highly recommend getting a VW Passat!

Superb Sedan

by from on October 28, 2009

When they say highway poise- they mean it! The V6 in Sport mode will pass nearly anything on the 2 lane. The car feels very stable all the time. This is a tank on wheels with good gas mileage. I was T-boned in the driver's side door by a chevy suburban going 50mph and I walked away! Rain-sensing windshield wiper technology still to be perfected. Low-profile tires make for a bit of a bumpy ride on the back roads - but otherwise very comfortable. Very reliable car if you keep up on oil changes.

always amazed

by from el paso texas on December 17, 2011

i purchased my 2008 passat brand new when i heard rumors of it being replaced by the CC since then i have put 54,000 mils on it with all maintanace done on schedule. i do admit it can be expensive at times but that why i purchased mine with 100,000 mile warranty. the most common issue i have is the fuel cap needs to be replaced a lot, if you wash your car and dont clean around the fuel cap the seal goes bad, i made the common mistake by adding rims to the car and went back to the original rims and tires after 6 months the handling is to nice to ruin with rims. i always wash the engine and i now have a tensioner that is making noise do to my obsesion with having a clean engine bay. lets face it its an audi in sheeps clothing. i average 33 to 38 miles per gallon when lite on the pedal too.

STARE MUCH!!!

by from El Paso, TX on August 9, 2010

Let me start off by saying that in 1999 I bought a VW Jetta and it all but fell apart on me (kept it 2 years)... so you can understand why I became skeptical when my husband pointed out the Passat at the used dealership. I kept passing it by and finally agreed to take it for a spin. From the moment the STANDARD leather seats wrapped around my body I fell instantly in love. We had test driven about 8 cars previous to this one and as soon as I touched the gas I knew this car would be mine!!! I have had my 2008 black 2.0 turbo (4cylr) for two years and I LOVE IT!!!!

So far so good!

by from Yardley, PA on May 24, 2011

I purchased this car with a lot of skepticism from other VW reviewers as well as having problems with my 00 VW Jetta (mostly electrical, never the engine). With that being said when I was researching various used cars I kept coming back to this one as its styling is very attactive (if you like the German sports sedan look) the gas mileage is great, and it is actually very fun to drive (turbo makes it feel like a V6). The only complaints I have so far is the need for premium gas, premium full synthetic oil, and why they do not put the Satellite radios in all of there cars as I now have to out a plug'n'play unit in. My first preference would have been for an Audi A6 or A4 but this is a very close second choice.

Dr.

by from Indy on April 28, 2010

One of my best! I get 32mpg on the interstate. I have owned about 52 cars/trucks in my lifetime and the Passat is in the top 15%

Best Car

by from New York, NY on August 23, 2011

This car is the best car for the money. Period. Handling, performance, luxury. Phenomenal. Nice fat tires. Quiet.

Awesome car! Fun to drive.

by from Bakersfield, California on May 30, 2008

Just purchased the 2008 Komfort Passat and we love it. It is a 4 cylinder with turbo/triptonic and it moves like an 8 cylinder. I just wish that it would have come with a navigation system, especially for the price tag. It does have a six CD in dash changer though and other bells and whistles. We looked at the Lexus IS 250, Honda Accord, and Camry. The Lexus IS 250 was way too small. No leg room in the vehicle and felt a little claustrophobic. I expected more for the price tag! The other two vehicles just didn't blow me away like the Passat. I just love the European flair and styling that it delivers.

Very sporty for a family sedan

by from Washington, D.C. on August 13, 2008

Good fuel economy and power with the 4 cylinder turbo. Great handling and comfortable interior. Great car for the price.

German Joy

by from Dallas, Texas on March 8, 2009

I always assumed the best was Honda...then I test drove the passat. If you are considering any japanese car, do yourself a favor and test the passat. Looks like a family car but drives and feels like a porsche.