Volvo, now owned by Chinese auto manufacturer Zhejiang Geely, is the first luxury brand to export a car from China to the U.S. with the new Inscription, which is an S60 with a stretched wheelbase for an additional 2.9 inches of rear legroom. The Inscription is also more luxurious and is offered with front- or all-wheel drive.
The front-drive model comes with a 240-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and an eight-speed automatic transmission while the all-wheel-drive version has a 250-hp, turbo 2.5-liter five-cylinder engine and a six-speed automatic.
- 2.9 inches of additional rear legroom
- Walnut inlays and silk-finish metal interior trim
- Interior accent lighting
- Side window shades and a power rear shade
- 18-inch alloy wheels
Here's info on the regular S60:
The Volvo S60 is a five-seat luxury sedan that goes toe-to-toe with the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. It's available with front- or all-wheel drive and a choice of turbocharged engines.
New for 2016
Two new models join the S60 lineup: the China-built Inscription with front- or all-wheel drive and the all-wheel-drive Cross Country. Volvo will also offer a small run of all-wheel-drive Polestar S60s powered by a 345-hp, turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine and featuring suspension and brake system modifications.
(Skip to details on the: S60 Cross Country)
Significant Standard Features
- LED daytime running lights
- Power front seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- Multimedia system with 7-inch dashboard screen
- City Safety collision avoidance system
- Required in every new car: front airbags, antilock brakes and an electronic stability system
Significant Available Features
- Heated windshield
- Power moonroof
- Configurable digital instrument panel
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front and rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Collision warning with automatic braking and pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Blind spot warning system
- Lane-keeping assist
- Backup camera
- Harman Kardon premium audio system
- Dual-screen backseat entertainment system
S60 Cross Country
The S60 Cross Country uses the same basic playbook as Volvo’s other Cross Country models but in a sedan format: standard all-wheel drive, a raised suspension and SUV-like styling cues. It's powered by a 250-hp, turbocharged five-cylinder engine.
- Unique front-end styling, including a honeycomb grille
- Black fender extensions
- 7.9 inches of ground clearance