3.2 Q5 Has A Few Major Problems But...
February 15, 2019
Overall, it’s not a bad car. Let’s get to the nitty gritty:
- Sun Shade of Panoramic Roof will break
- Blower Fan for AC/Heat will corrode and break
- AC compressor will fail
- Cooling System will fail at water pump
- Engine will leak oil
- Parking Sensors on bumpers will fail
- It doesn’t matter which year 3.2 Q5 you have. These things will happen if you own one. This is well documented and Audi will not cover out of warranty.
- No Bluetooth Audio, only Phone Calling
- Terrible GPS setup
- Seat Memory only Positions itself if engine is off
- Trunk cannot close remotely
Now, the Pros:
- Big Panoramic Roof!!!!
- Incredible turning radius
- Good power on freeway for passing
- No Turbo = No Turbo Lag
- Sport Mode wakes the car all the way up
- QUATTRO will get you through almost any weather including 2 feet of snow
- Parts interchangeable with other year/setup Q5s
- Decent MPG (25Mpg on cruise control at 70mph)
- Great Speaker system Sound
- Nice Sounding Engine
- Smooth and Quiet on freeway
Overall, it’s fun to drive, powerful enough to get a thrill and a pretty solid car when everything is working. Just be prepared to shell out thousands of dollars should anything break.