Midwest Auto Store

218 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

August 23, 2012

We took out a 2004 Ford Explorer for a test drive & the vehicle ran terrible off the bat & then flat broke down on us not 1/4 mile from the dealer & would... not start at all. The small dealers get these vehicles from the auction & then just throw them out on the lot without even checking them out. The vehicle stalled on the salesman just trying to bring it around to the front door for the test drive.

We truly apologies for your experience. We understand the inconvenience from the car stalling on you during the test drive and assure you that every ...one of our vehicle has been through a thorough initial inspection and service. We utilize ASE certified and extremely experienced techs, state of teh art diagnostic equipment; however, we can't anticipate and prevent mechanical failure at all times. The ignition switch went bad, which caused the stall. We apologize for the incovenience, but strongly disagree with the harsh rating "junk" as our facility, cars, staff, and other customers' experience can indicate otherwise

July 6, 2012

Best price and service in town. Show room and waiting area is very nice and classy. I purchased a vehicle and serviced my other two vehicles there. strongly... recoomend them

July 3, 2012

This dealership is just fantastic. I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking to buy a car used or new. I did get the best service and advice. All... the people I dealt with were honest and professional. I really did not have to do anything once I found the car that I liked, I checked to make sure I am getting a good deal which I did, they took over and did it all. I drove away a happy man. The owner was great.

July 3, 2012

I shopped around and compared their value and it came out very competitive. What I like the most is the one low price no haggle policy and straight forward... dealing with no games.

June 29, 2012

I have had multiple dealings with Midwest Auto Store now and still feel confident with them for their service and detailing. Winter Special on my Toyota... Pick Up. This was the first time using them (found out about them for a detailing Groupon) and was very happy with they way they worked with my schedule even gave me a lift home and back. Used the Groupon on my wife's 2005 Tahoe. We have had it since brand new and it was showing signs of being the family hauler. Worked with MJ and Trevin on everything I was concerned about and ended up asking for them to do more detailing services to get the results over what the Groupon offered. MJ essentially traded services in the packages so I wouldn't waste money. While there found out the are a dealer for WeatherTech floor mats. Ordered a pair for the from and am in love with them, (time to order the middle row to protect from kids) even the wife isn't complaining about the price I paid for them now as she understands the value after having them in. Last visit was to diagnose a check engine light that came on while coming through the cut in the hill. Come to find out it was my down-flow O2 sensor. They found the right part and haggled the price down for me (California emissions vehicle). Truck is running so much smoother now...must have been going out for awhile now. MJ and Trevin do a great job for me.

February 28, 2012

I recently purchased a truck from Midwest auto store in florence. I didn't try to negotiate a lower price, and purchased the truck at asking price. The... truck didn't come with a spare tire, sales person said he would get one for me. I was also told that they would take care of getting the tags and getting the taxes paid, my temporary tag was due to expire within the week and I still had no license plates, or had received a call. I finally called the dealership, and was told that I would be contacted and a plate would be mailed. I called two days later, because I still had not been contacted. Then I was told, I would have to come pick up the plate and that I would have to pay for a spare tire for the truck. Now after having the truck 2 months, it shakes when I drive it and I bought 4 new tires and had it aligned, and it still shakes. More than I bargained for this purchase. I wouldn't recommend this dealership to anyone.

Amanda, Thanks for your business. We truly value your feedback. I apologize for your inconvenience, but we have clearly informed of the missing parts ...before purchase and made no promise to pay for them. We strive to provide excellent service and experience for every customer, but we can't always provide free items especially with heavily discounted cars

December 31, 2011

I wish I had started at this place, instead of it being my third dealership of my day. I left the first two "high pressure" dealerships with a nasty taste... in my mouth. Dealing with the owner (I believe he goes by MJ) and a sales guy named Trevin (I hope I spelled that right) were a breath of fresh air. Zero pressure and they could answer all the questions I had for them. I asked to see two different Civics, which Trevin could quickly find and bring to the front. Both salespeople seemed more like "carnuts" than smooth operators. They knew their cars and their inventory, and I never got any of that normal used car runaround that I had gotten earlier from the bad dealerships. Driving away with the contract in hand, I felt relieved and contented that I had gotten a fair deal on a solid car. I immediately called my parents and recommended the place, and I will recommend the dealership to any friend or coworker who is thinking about a quality used car.

October 21, 2011

I had my vehicle serviced at Midwest, and had nothing but a pleasurable experience. The knowledgeable staff and service technician were great! Highly recommend!