2019 RDX

2019 Acura RDX

Have you driven the 2019 Acura RDX?

WOW! test drive one and you WILL buy it!

by JoannPA on Fri Jun 22 2018

I owned a 2016 RDX and was very happy with the 6 cylinder. In my previous life I always drive sports cars. Going to a 6 was hard for me and the 4 cylinder never impressed me. However, although I loved my 2016 RDX I loved the looks of the 2019 but never thought the 4 cylinder would work for me. I was seriously wrong. I had poor expectations and all I can say is when I drove this 4 cylinder it was EXCITING!! Two hours later I owned one! I am not an impulsive driver and I did my homework before purchasing the 2019 Advance model but I test drove a Tech Model. I am sure the base model is just as impressive to drive but I couldn't resist the Advance Model for its beauty, sound system, and the few extra's for comfort above the Tech model. All I can say is test drive one and you Will Definitely buy it if you are in the market for a mid size SUV although this one is a lot larger than its predecessors. It beat the Lexus, BMW, Audi , Stelvio & Mercedes in the same category and I test drove them all. The infotainment system took me 2 days to customize and get the feel of it. It looks intimidating but it is relatively simple and the best voice recognition I've experienced yet. Voice recognition for everything is so good I rarely take my eyes off the road or use the touchpad. Its that good! The touchpad is also easy to use without taking your eyes off the road. Heads up display has a lot of options with apps. Another reason not to take your eyes off the road. To sum it up... WOW!! Acura you've truly made an amazing vehicle and all I can say is Thank You!!! You all involved in this vehicle deserve a lot of Credit! I have never written a review in my life and I have owned a lot of cars but this car needed to be written about! If you don't put this car on your list, you are truly missing out on a Fantastic Vehicle!!

Luxury Comfort At and Affordable Price

by ReformedMercedesOwner from Lake Oswego, OR on Sat Jun 09 2018

I have driven only Mercedes for the last 10 years. They are safe, reliable and comfortable. I was blown away at the Accura. Comfort, drive options and style all in one at much less than I would normally pay for. Mercedes. It is a great car.

Super on highways with SH-AWD. Disappointing MPG.

by JinJJa from Los Angeles on Sun Jul 22 2018

I just bought this car a week ago. Mine is Advanced SH-AWD. The car is MUCH faster than expected. It hits highway speeds EFFORTLESSLY. The SUV just wants to be driven fast. With the SH-AWD and tightened steering, this SUV is a dream to drive on highways especially on curvy highways and twisty roads. The SUV styling is a hit. It is also fairly large SUV, if not the largest, in its class. The infotainment is very good, but not spectacular. The 16 speaker ELS Audio is very good, but not mind-blowing. But it will more than satisfy all but the hardened audiophiles. It still sounds better than at 80-90% of systems out there. The main downside is that the car only does around 19 MPG combined which is significantly lower than advertised. Granted, 70% of drives have been local. Highly recommended. Pros: 1)High reliability and resale value. 2)Low maintenance costs. 3)Roomy and comfortable interior, especially the seats. 3)Fast and sporty. The SH-AWD is simply awesome on twisty roads at high speeds. 4)Precision handling especially at highway speeds. 5)Quick and extremely smooth shifting 10 speed. It is hard to tell if the SUV is shifting at all. 6)Very quiet interior. 7)Can store lot of cargo, especially below the cargo area. 8)Exterior and interior styling is a hit. 9)Chassis is 38% stronger than previous version and I can FEEL it. This is rock solid SUV. 10)16 speaker ELS Audio is very good. It will satisfy all but the audiophiles. I have personally found the default setting to the best (and I tinkered with it for hours). Cons: 1)19 MPG combined is less than advertised and disappointing. 2)I can't permanently shut off auto engine stop/start feature. The feature automatically turns on after engine start. 3)The auto engine stop/start is sort of clunky. The engine starts takes little longer than its competition.

In it for the long haul

by Tiger95 from Lexington on Tue Jun 05 2018

This car checked everything on our list even price. Even better than I expected. Great car buying experience also. Plan to keep it a very long time.

Acura Steps it Up!

by DesignerTom from Northern NJ on Wed Jul 11 2018

This is my 4th Acura, and after a so-so 2016 RDX the 2019 RDX takes it into a whole new class. Great overall styling, an excellent interior, and packed with the latest tech that Acura used to be know for. That would be good enough, but the value for dollar equation hits it out of the park. The performance with SH-AWD is sports-car-like, especially in Sport+ mode. I wish there was a hybrid, or better mileage overall, but that's one of the few weak spots in a very well executed CUV that's the right size and price, and holds up well next to competitors at $10,000 more.

very sporty vehicle

by papapdiddy from rochester Ny on Tue Jul 10 2018

This car was everything my wife and I were looking for in an SUV. Very quiet ride, luxury feel but still very sporty looking.The RDX Aspec is a fabulous vehicle.

A big step forward for the RDX

by Car guy from Littlestown PA on Mon Jul 30 2018

We traded a 2016. This car feels more upscale and the more I drive it the more I like it. I wish it had a CD player though. Red paint is very sharp. Engine feels very strong when mated to the ten speed trans. Nice sporty feel to the car. Gas mileage is equal to the 2016 was hoping for a little better. Nice room inside. comfortable seats. TTI system is easy to use.

Best engineered and built vehicle I've ever owned

by Tom A. from Wichita on Mon Aug 27 2018

Solid, smooth, quiet, and quick. This car is a dream to drive on short trips or cross-country. On a 3000 mile trip we averaged a combined 27.9 mpg (FWD Tech package). Even at 80 mph it is the quietest cockpit I've been in. The transmission is always in the right gear for the condition with no hunting and usually I don't even feel it shift (unless at high power). The infotainment system takes some learning but I like it after a little practice. Much better than a touch screen. The seats are great for me (6') and my wife (5'). The engine is a torque monster - Amazing! It's very smooth and quiet.

Real Value for the Money

by Ryan D Miller on Sat Jun 30 2018

Great crossover with some of the most advance tech in this price range. Well thought out space and storage that accommodates every day life, all in a fun to drive vehicle.

Love my new Acura.

by Anna from Fl on Mon Jul 02 2018

Good reliable car, stylish, new features that I really like! Front and back sensors as well lane departure sign. Very economical too. Love red color that was not available previously.

1 2 3