2019 RDX

2019 Acura RDX

2019 Acura RDX

4.4

Have You Driven the 2019 Acura RDX?

Luxurious, high-tech, and sporty

by Gregg PS from Palm Springs, CA on Fri Nov 02 2018

This is my first Acura. I've had four Land Rovers and I find the new RDX is a great combination of luxury, high-tech features and sporty performance. I love driving it, and it is the perfect size for me. Interior is roomy and luxurious, great sound system, and very fun to drive. Great value for the money.

Love the car, but worried about grinding brakes

by LexieBuBo from Moneta, Va. on Wed Jun 19 2019

Really think this is a great, stylish and fun vehicle. Love it except for the grinding brake problem. Very worrisome. Purchased new and have had it for several months. Only a few thousand miles on it. Brakes grind off and on. From what I am learning, the Acura dealers don't know what it is - so we should just live with it? Very disappointing.

'Upgrade' from Honda to Acura: Bad Experience

by BHuntersville from Charlotte, NC on Tue Sep 17 2019

Had been a Honda owner for over ten years- various models all new, I had NEVER had an issue with my Honda's. I wanted a small SUV and I wanted a bit of an upgrade, after test driving many vehicles the Acura RDX seemed to fit what I needed. I've owned the vehicle for under two months. From the beginning, the sunroof will 'shift' when going over speed bumps/ changes in terrain on the road. The shifting is a loud POP- seeming to be the body shifting all the weight or stress of the car to the large opening of the sunroof. I took the car to Acura dealer, they were unable to hear what I was talking about. Car is still making the noise daily. The bigger, and more scary problem is that in the infotainment center gets fuzzy or makes popping noises (as described by others) the system goes black *EVERYTHING GOES BLACK* a message says network connection lost, and the whole system restarts. Important to note that you cannot control anything as far as navigation, music, radio, clock, change modes of drive, etc. I took the vehicle in to Acura, they said there was a system update and that the downloaded it and it should be better. The day after I got my car back, it started again. One day while on an 2 hour car trip, it restarted 26 times. My fiance and I started a betting game on how many times it would restart. Acura claims that this is an Apple issue, and they're waiting for an update from Apple. I do not believe this is the case, this happens when my phone is connected, when it's not connected, when it's plugged in, when nothing is connected and just playing the radio. In my non-car-knowing brain, I believe this is a heat issue. When my car is parked in the garage and cooler, or when I am driving at night- this seems to happen less or not at all. When it's been parked in the hot sun all day and the car is hot- that's when this happens. To me, this seems to be some sort of connection issue or heat issue, not an Apple issue as stated by the Acura car dealer. I plan to take my car back again to forcefully make them fix the car. Possibly return the car.

Happy with my purchase.

by The winery couple from Tiffin, OH on Sat Apr 06 2019

So far we have recorded a little over 1000 miles on our RDX. No problems or complaints so far. The last two tanks of gas we recorded a little over 25 mpg. Infotainment system takes a little getting used to but I will get used to it. Love the fact that I can change driving modes.

Stylish, comfortable, and sporty in one

by tyjthomas from Carmel, IN on Tue Dec 18 2018

Car is comfortable, has great engine, and handling while having the reliability behind it. It is great especially when considering the competition. I got this car because Acura finally added the tech to the car that was needed, along with giving the RDX a sportier feel and CarPlay.

Electronics suck

by LexieBuBo from Moneta, Va. on Sat Sep 21 2019

I like the car, but the electronics suck. The infotainment center is difficult to use. I thought I knew how to do it but it changes on it's own. Sometimes I can set a station and sometimes I can't - it's up to the car's mood. The GPS sucks. It worked fine - then after I connected Apple to it one time to listen to my music, the infotainment system didn't work right any longer. This isn't just with my car. I have read the blogs and this is a major problem. I can't get the GPS to work - no matter what I do. I used to love it, ,but now I hate it. I wouldn't get this car again.

Fantastic Amazing Sporty RDX

by Froggygd from San Diego, Ca on Sun Mar 31 2019

Great ride with sporty appearance. I traded in my Range Rover Evoque for this reliable Acura. I owned an MDX years ago and decided to go back to the Acura family. Happy to be back looking through the panoramic sun/moonroof.

2ND RDX I'VE OWNED

by Acura Lover from Springfield, MA on Tue Sep 03 2019

Love this car. I most recently owned a 2017 RDX. They've revamped and made the 2019 even better. Love it. Even at the base model ... it is like the luxury model for other brands.

Love this car! They thought of everything with the

by BCough from Northford CT on Mon Jul 08 2019

New Acura RDX exceeds my expectations and has all the extras I didn’t have in my BMW. Smooth ride and easy to master technology options

Stylish with Hi-Tech features

by Acuraman from Bayside NY on Fri Jun 07 2019

This car is an upgrade to the Acura TLX I leased. Greater legroom and greater headroom. Greater road clearance as well. It has plenty of power to get on the highway. It provides the style you pay for higher priced cars. A new feature is full glass roofing. The basic model comes with fine leather seats. The transmission is push button and navigation of radio, Apple Car Play and other functions is via a touch pad. Radio stations can be selected by voice command. The only negatives I have are that it requires premium gas and average mpg is like all Acuras-less than other brands. (But I knew that before buying it.)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20

Our Take on the 2019 Acura RDX

The verdict:

The 2019 Acura RDX is delightful, with a comfortable interior, refined powertrain and engaging road manners, but it’s got a problem Titanic enough to sink its overall appeal: a confounding, overcomplicated multimedia system.

Versus the competition:

The RDX offers high levels of luxury, safety features and value in its class but falls flat when it comes to multimedia; others more seamlessly integrate their systems.

For 2019, Acura’s smallest SUV underwent a dramatic makeover, and love it or hate it, the RDX stands out — like all the way out, with its domineering, blinged-out shield grille, beefed-up body and sharp angles.

The RDX also grows in length, gets a new powertrain and switches its multimedia setup to the True Touchpad Interface. Compare it with the 2018 model. It competes against a host of compact luxury crossovers like the Audi Q5, BMW X3 and Volvo XC60; see them compared.

Dynamic, Energetic

The RDX’s bold, edgy styling gives off an energy matched by the SUV’s engaging, dynamic road manners. All 2019 models use a new 272-horsepower, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder mated to... Read More