The Bentley Continental GT is a full-size, four-seat coupe. The coupe also comes in a high-performance model called the Continental GT Speed, which cranks out a blistering 600 horsepower. In the $200,000 exotic-car range, Bentley’s coupes represent a more civilized — if not quite as sporty — alternative to cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin.
(Skip to details on the: Continental GT Speed)
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The Continental GT’s appearance is far removed from the subtle designs of Bentley’s past models. The side profile features a pillarless greenhouse with minimal front overhangs and pronounced rear fenders. Out back, there’s a flush-mounted rear spoiler that rises automatically at high speeds.
- Available 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Choice of many exterior colors
- Bi-xenon headlamps with integrated washers
- Bentley-branded front brake calipers
- Power heated auto-dimming side mirrors
- Dual stainless-steel exhaust pipes
- Power opening and closing trunk
Four people can enjoy the Continental GT coupe. According to Bentley, 6-foot-tall occupants fit easily in the front and rear seats. Interior designers worked with basketball players to ensure that people of all sizes and shapes could be accommodated.
A symmetrical dashboard mates with a center console that rises and curves to the sides in a shape resembling the design of the Bentley wing insignia. Most routine controls can be operated from the steering wheel. The GT comes in various interior color combinations — the carpets and seat belts can also be matched to the main or secondary interior hue.
- 17 different interior styles
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Navigation system
- Available three-spoke steering wheel
- Available custom-built 15-speaker audio system
- Available iPod connectivity
- Available real wood or aluminum trim
The GT is powered by a twin-turbocharged, four-overhead-cam W-12. The transmission can operate as either an automatic or as a clutchless manual.
The suspension includes air springs, which help improve ride comfort.
- 552-hp, twin-turbo 6.0-liter W-12 with 479 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode
- All-wheel drive
- Auto-leveling/adaptive air suspension
- Speed-sensitive hydraulic steering
- Optional ceramic brake discs
- Optional adaptive cruise control
Ventilated disc brakes have Bosch antilock technology with brake assist and electronic brake-force distribution. The standard electronic stability system adds a Sport Traction mode that allows more wheelspin at lower speeds.
- Side-impact and side curtain airbags
- Daytime running lights
- Antilock brakes with traction control
- Electronic stability system
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Available front and rear cameras
The GT Speed has an upgraded version of the W-12 found in the GT. The GT Speed does zero to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds and has a top speed of 202 mph. Other distinguishing features include a dark-tinted front grille, 20-inch wheels and a lowered/upgraded suspension and steering tuning. The interior adds drilled alloy pedals, quilted leather and a chrome and leather gearshift.
- 600-hp, twin-turbo W-12 with 553 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- All-wheel drive
- 20-inch alloy wheels with Pirelli performance tires
- Three-spoke sport steering wheel
- Embroidered Bentley emblem on seating surfaces
- Available lamb’s-wool floormats
Back to top