The Bentley Continental GT is a full-size, four-seat coupe. The coupe also comes in a high-performance model called the Continental GT Speed, which cranks out a blistering 600 horsepower. In the $200,000 exotic-car range, Bentley's coupes represent a more civilized — if not quite as sporty — alternative to cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin.
(Skip to details on the: Continental GT Speed)
New for 2010
There are no significant changes for 2010.
The Continental GT's appearance is far removed from the subtle designs of Bentley's past models. The side profile features a pillarless greenhouse with minimal front overhangs and pronounced rear fenders. Out back, there's a flush-mounted rear spoiler that rises automatically at high speeds.
- Available 19- or 20-inch wheels
- Choice of many exterior colors
- Bi-xenon headlamps with integrated washers
- Bentley-branded front brake calipers
- Power heated auto-dimming side mirrors
- Dual stainless-steel exhaust pipes
- Power opening and closing trunk
Four people can enjoy the Continental GT coupe. According to Bentley, 6-foot-tall occupants fit easily in the front and rear seats. Interior designers worked with basketball players to ensure that people of all sizes and shapes could be accommodated.
A symmetrical dashboard mates with a center console that rises and curves to the sides in a shape resembling the design of the Bentley wing insignia. Most routine controls can be operated from the steering wheel. The GT comes in various interior color combinations — the carpets and seat belts can also be matched to the main or secondary interior hue.
- 17 different interior styles
- Automatic dual-zone climate control
- Navigation system
- Available three-spoke steering wheel
- Available custom-built 15-speaker audio system
- Available iPod connectivity
- Available real wood or aluminum trim
Under the Hood
The GT is powered by a twin-turbocharged, four-overhead-cam W-12. The transmission can operate as either an automatic or as a clutchless manual.
The suspension includes air springs, which help improve ride comfort.
- 552-hp, twin-turbo 6.0-liter W-12 with 479 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode
- All-wheel drive
- Auto-leveling/adaptive air suspension
- Speed-sensitive hydraulic steering
- Optional ceramic brake discs
- Optional adaptive cruise control
Ventilated disc brakes have Bosch antilock technology with brake assist and electronic brake-force distribution. The standard electronic stability system adds a Sport Traction mode that allows more wheelspin at lower speeds.
Continental GT Speed
The GT Speed has an upgraded version of the W-12 found in the GT. The GT Speed does zero to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds and has a top speed of 202 mph. Other distinguishing features include a dark-tinted front grille, 20-inch wheels and a lowered/upgraded suspension and steering tuning. The interior adds drilled alloy pedals, quilted leather and a chrome and leather gearshift.
- 600-hp, twin-turbo W-12 with 553 pounds-feet of torque
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- All-wheel drive
- 20-inch alloy wheels with Pirelli performance tires
- Three-spoke sport steering wheel
- Embroidered Bentley emblem on seating surfaces
- Available lamb's-wool floormats
Back to top