2008 328

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great car!

by ferdi from Indiana from Lafayette, IN on March 3, 2010

I just bought my 328i sedan, 2008 model, with only 13,000 miles on it, for a great price. Buying a used car has its inherent risks, but so it has its rewards. The car so far has been great, better than I expected. I wanted to go first with the 335i model, since it has more horsepower, but frankly, unless you're racing the car on the track, there is literally no difference in performance and acceleration between the 328i and 335i in everyday driving situations. The handlig is superb, as it has been said, especially when taking corners, and the car is overall very easy to drive and maneuver. Add to this the great visibility due to the compact size of the car and the window styling, and it almost feels like there is no blind spot when changing lanes. The car is very comfortable, it has great suspension and body-molding seats and since I got it, I have gotten rid from a lower back pain, which I now attribute to the awful seat support of the Chrysler car seats that I had. The car is not too big, it is not a Lexus or a Mercedes, but it is not small either. I'm 6ft tall and when I seat I push the seat all the way back, there is still plenty of room behind me in the back sit for a full-size adult. Love the sound system and all the bells and whistles that come with the car. I feel spoiled everytime I get into the car, and I get out more often now for a smoke, just to look at the car. I tell to myself, even if it breaks down, it is just a pretty thing to look at. By the way, I have done about 500 miles of highway driving, the car is very fuel efficient, on average 33 miles to the gallon on highway. Granted, it takes premium gas, but hey it is a premium car... If you can find one used for a reasonable price with low miles, and are looking for a great car in all respects, performance, comfort, peace of mind and fuel efficiency go for the 328i series. Don't worry about what they say about the car being slippery on the snow, there was a lot of snow here last week and the car did just great, no difference whether snow or not.

why they call it the Ultimate Driving Machine?

by tolstaboy from rochester, ny on March 5, 2012

this is my second 328xi, outstanding performance very reliable! Comfortable! the 2008 feels like its cuddeling me!wish i could drive it all day! bmw's used vehicle certified pre owned package is better than new! price was great! the awd in upstate ny weather just add abit of extra security, never have i been stuck getting to the ski slopes find out for yourself why they call them the ultimate driving machine!

Driving the Dream

by Class Act from Colorado on April 19, 2011

I've been strictly a Honda, Subaru kind of guy for years now and never thought I'd be a BMW owner. I had bought a brand new Honda Civic 2008 but when the back end fishtailed dangerously on moderately icy city streets the allure was gone. That day I went to drive a 2008 BMW 328xi (certified) on snow covered roads and felt safer than in any vehicle ever - and I grew up in Colorado! This was only the beginning of the love affair. The overall handling of this classy sedan is something I look forward to every time I climb in the car, the straight 6 engine makes it a true muscle car when you need it or want it. The style is truly sporty elegant yet doesn't scream "mid-fife crisis" when I'm seen in it. The small things that really work - wipers that know when the windshield is wet, front seat heaters, ski bag (cold weather package), gas milage meter, incredible standard sound system (I'm a musician) only enhance this beautiful ride. My only misgiving of the car is the gas milage. Its not bad, but compared to the Honda bites a bit, however, considering everything else, I'm okay as long as gas stays under $5 a gallon. The back seat is a bit crammed but this doesn't bother me, the leather-work is fine and the wood work gives a hint of luxury. I love this car.

2008 328xi sedan

by boston_bmw from boston on January 5, 2012

Some feedback after 2yrs of 328xi ownership: Pros: 1. great road feel, hw stability 2. good awd system for snow, rain, I try to spin her out but she streightens right out. 3. adequate power/torque from the N51/52 without the complexity and issues of the N54/55 4. nice interior, trunk space Cons: 1. Run flats are harsh over pot holes, rough surfaces 2. Door seals squeaks (esp after rain) 3. Rear shelf squeaks over bumps 4. occasionally hydraulics valve lifters tick/chatter (even after full replacement)...perhars oil supply issue in the N51/N52 engine head

Great Convertible

by PT Bob from Iowa on January 15, 2011

1st BMW I have owned, love the looks & the quietness of it with the top up. Gets 30+ MPG if driven the speed limit but still has some get up and go if needed. The transmission is very smooth and the car handles very well. The iTouch works great with the iPod adaptor and the Bluetoothe works very well with any cell phone giving it a clear sound. The hardtop convertible system works flawlessly but limits the storeage in the trunk when down. The navigation system did take some time to get used to but is actually worked fairly well once you get used to it. Updating to the 2011 maps means having to have 2 DVDs, one for ieach 1/2 of the country (there is about a 300 mile overlap though). But the system does function while the car is in motion and the center toggle control on the console allows the passenger to look up any business, favorite saved, or search for an address you want to find without having to pull over. You can either set it as the destination or automatically call the listsed phone number through the Bluetoothe system. The traffic updates are a nice feature in the larger cities. The only things I don't like are the visibilty when backing up with the top up, the more rigid ride with the sports pkg (so rough roads can be a little jarring), and not being able to get 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk with the top up. The paint on the front of the car seems to chip easily, even if you treat it like a motorcycle and clean the bugs off gently immediately after each time you take it out. It also sits very low to the ground which would be a probem if you inadvertently cut a corner too sharp and run over a curb.

The first used car I've owned

by Jaycee Walnut from Walnut on October 25, 2010

Because I've heard so many horror stories about used cars like you are buying into someone's headache, I have never in my 25 years of driving bought a used car. But with hard economic times, I have decided to take some risk and have bought a used BMW 328i with 13,200 miles. The car runs like brand new. I like the the power and handling of the car. The transmission and engine is quiet and silky smooth. Styling is on the sporty side which is hard to find on a sedan. All in all, this is the perfect car for my wife without crashing our bank account.

Saved my Life

by Lucky from Houston, TX on January 6, 2014

In the fall of 2013 I had a 5 mph fender bender in my 1999 Explorer, which totaled it. I replaced it with a 2006 325i, dark gray; automatic. Six weeks later I was T-boned on the driver's side by a Crown Victoria doing 60 mph. I was injured, but the little Beamer stayed intact, the side curtain air bags protected my head, and I was good as new in a month. What did I replace that car with? A 2008 328i! Yes, the cars are great performers and a joy to drive. But they are also solid and safe. BTW, the second one is bright red. Maybe it will be easier to notice in an intersection.

An amazing driving experience !

by The Reverend from Dallas, TX on January 7, 2014

Wow. I recently purchased a slightly used 2008 328i and when I say slightly it only had 14,000 miles on it. Virtually a new car. My last two cars were Lexus ES-300s which I cannot say enough good things about - but the 328i is a totally different driving experience and precisely what I expected. My Lexus ES is the Queen Mary II and the 328i is a Fighter Jet. That's the only way to describe the difference. Flawless handling and performance. Technologically it's very advanced it has so many features one of my favorite of which are the hands-free stereo/CD/iPod and Bluetooth and Voice activated Telephone features all controlled effortlessly from the steering wheel. (Superb!) Note on Reliability - I have only had the vehicle for a few weeks so I am basing it on having no problems thus far and while I don't expect it to be as mechanically care-free (where Lexus excels) it appears this model is very reliable with proper maintenance. The interior is a tad smaller than my ES but not uncomfortably so. I am a 6 ft. 220 lb man and am quite comfortable in it. Because I live in Texas I'd rather have automatic chilled seats but I have to be honest and say the heated seats in this car are incredible. The entire seat is heated both the butt cushions and the back rest. It's a real treat that I've used a lot lately since it's Winter at the moment. The only complaint and I have, and I mean the ONLY one is the ride isn't quite as smooth as the Lexus, but I didn't expect it to be and once I replace the original run-flat tires I've been told the ride improves - important since Texas roads are not known for their "quality." Overall - it's an amazing car !

Lovin it

by Car dude from 'Merica on July 12, 2012

Had my 328xi for a week now. Note on reliability rating: Had it for a week so I really don't feel like I can rate it. I am averaging about 23 mpg and I drive like an old man to aggressive depending on my mood. I am getting 28 highway with cruise control. I greatly enjoy the exterior, very catchy. Interior is phenomenal. Real wood, soft touch high end plastics, and leather. I find it frustrating there are no power seats. My car was bought used with 20k miles. I also find the cupholders to be annoying. Not sure who they were kidding. Seems like BMW thought of everything BUT Americans when they built it. They feel like an afterthought. The seats are unbelievably comfortable. Sound system is fantastic and is easy to use. The car holds corners well. the steering gives feedback from the road despite run-flat tires and AWD and feels a bit heavy (as it should). I suggest this car to anybody who wants a great car that is not only practical but sporty. What a phenomenal car!

Good car

by Average guy from Valdosta Ga on November 21, 2011

Good reliable car. Easy to maintain and looks good. BMW is the easiest luxury car to keep up. Tires are cheap, unlike many luxury cars. Great car for 2-3 people. Kind of small for 4+

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12