2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2000 Silverado 1500 Chevrolet
Explore the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Shop the 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Z71 green with pewter lower panel

Awesum, I.m the second owner, mom bought new and I got it when she passed from cancer. It has 20,000 orig. miles. I get 21mpg as long as I stay under 60mph. My only complaint is the placement of the fuel selenoid. It went quit working one time, i made sure the motor was cold because the selenoid filled with fuel and when you pull it apart the gas runs onto the motor/manifold.

One Reliable Truck

Ive had mine since 2000 haven't had anything worse than a failed fuel pump 5years ago replaced with O.E.M should be good for another 15years .. Back in 08 I bought another new black 1500 .. That truck is in truck heaven. Cheve is a good truck from 2003 down they were built before they went Hollywood and gave up making ssolid working truck for one that will hold your latte..

2.1

The transmission is a piece of junk. They knew it

This truck had a soft shift and got horrible gas mileage. Took it back several times and they just laughed at me now I'm finding out Dart transmission has a bad Sun Gear and is known for that. And make one now that's stronger but that transmission should have been recalled.

I have really enjoyed driving this P/U for 335600

I have driven, towed trailers, pulled Stumps and hauled loads for 335600 miles, and it has always done the job I need it to. It is a comfortable ride. Gets 17.5 miles per gallon still today. I just purchased a used 2014 Silverado and hope to get the same reliable service from it.

Love the Comfort, quiet and ease of driving.

Electric lower back support and seat adjustments up/down/forward/back. Drop down armrests for front seats. Bench easy to put up and down. Wonderful air conditioner for summer.

20 years old and still going

This is the first pickup truck I have ever purchased. Same engine and transmission with 356,000 miles on it. Still runs like a top. I did the first brake job on the rear brakes at 199,000 miles. The rear brakes were done at 209,000 miles. I'm getting ready to replace it with a new 2020 Silverado before I need to do the second brake job. Man, I'm going to miss this truck!

Best running truck I've ever owned, super reliable

This truck is loaded! Motr use to be a 4.8, was changed @260k miles with a long block 5.3. The transmission was replaced at 285k. Truck pulls my camper no problem! I'm only selling because I just bought a new truk and dont need 2 full size trucks.

still running good with 223k

awesome truck! I will miss it when I get a new truck! 4x4 works great! 5.3L motor has lots of power. I will look at a new silverado because this one has been such a good truck!

Frame rot

Truck runs great ...but your hollow tube frame design horrible rotted my frame cause holds water n snow so creates rust then to extreme rot and everything is connected to those tubes i almost died my shock was mounted on one that broke on highway ...nearly killed me i had to have them taken out and new bars welded in and shock mounts welded on to those bars im a true chevy fan but man to be almost killed ....by the sway when it broke tis tis chevy

LOVE THIS TRUCK

This truck is the best vehicle I've owned. I have never had any major problems with this truck and anyone who owns one will tell you the same thing!