NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2017 Challenger

2017 Dodge Challenger

#6 Most Popular Coupe
2017 Dodge Challenger

Have You Driven the 2017 Dodge Challenger?

How Much Power Do You Need?

by Retro Man from Merrimac, Ma on Wed May 17 2017

2017 Challenger GT with AWD. I chuckle when I read the reviews of this car from people that bemoan the lack of a V8. First, until you've driven one, don't knock it. The 305 HP V6 with 268 lb ft of torque is quicker than most cars . In fact if you go back far enough, you'll realize that this is more HP than most small block Vettes and muscle cars of the 60's. Trust me- this thing screams- and not only that, you can electronically setup the performance to increase 0-60 runs, etc. right from the cockpit . Yes, it's a big, heavy coupe, so if you want to drag race it, you'll need the V8. Otherwise this power train is more than enough to get into trouble with. You can shift the 8 speed tranny with the available steering wheel shifters if you really want to get into it. Even better, I can drive it year round. In addition, the sound system/navigation/phone system is second to none. The ergonomics are incredible, even for a tall overweight guy like me. Quality of fit and finish is outstanding. Overall, the best new car I've purchased, and way better than my original 1970 Barracuda I bought when new.

So far I love it

by 2Kings315 from Phoenix, AZ on Thu Mar 30 2017

Have only had it 3 weeks so cannot judge reliability but I love the looks, the horsepower for a V6 is surprising and I like the electronics package (have the 8.4 screen). The only downside is the rear seat, while it will accommodate three passengers is pretty cramped. My city mileage on the first tank was 19.9 which exceeded their prediction of 19. I haven't really had it on a trip yet so don't know about the predicted 30.

Most reliable car

by Challenger rich from Saint Augustine, FL on Mon Feb 20 2017

Best American made muscle car recommend any and every muscle car fan to grab a Dodge Challenger I promise you won't regret buying this vehicle

For me the 2017 Dodge Challenger GT makes a good d

by Kebwebs from Plymouth, MA on Sun Apr 22 2018

The current Dodge Challenger GT is a complicated subject. It's handsome retro styling is desirable to some of us. I used to own one of these cars back in the day and I'm a huge fan of the styling. My revised commuting requirements have me doing a lot of highway travel. My old SUV wasn't cutting it with mileage so I wanted a sedan or coupe with all-wheel drive that can tackle the snow and my ski slope of a driveway. I was considering everything from Mercedes to Subaru. Then when doing a comparison search on the web I was stunned to discover the Dodge Challenger GT appearing in the mix of all wheel drive Coupe. This changed everything. It's a lot of car for the money but it isn't at the same level as many European counterparts. Don't let that fool you though... this vehicle seems to be smartly conceived in how it allocates its resources. A set of tires for my Volkswagen Touareg was just shy of $1,700. A set of tires for this thing will be about $800. It's vastly quicker and better handling. It's no Corvette and never will be but that's not what it wants to be. This car is a Highway Cruiser. Comfortable but semi nimble. The heated steering wheel and ventilated seats make you feel pretty comfortable. The Alpine audio system which is only mid-level is terrific. Then there's the sore subject of a V6 engine in a Challenger. My 1970 Challenger with a 340 4 Barrel put out about 280 horsepower. This V6 moves faster and with vastly more grace and control than my tire smoking 70's model. This one is rated at 305 horsepower and I'm not going to question that. It pulls plenty and when you're trying to merge onto the highway it gives you plenty of pedal Authority. The infotainment system is killer. The seats are great the trunk is huge the headlights are not as bright as I would want but they're not too far off the mark. Love the tacto emergency brake controlled by the left foot. Electronic emergency brakes are worthless. Think about that for a minute... if you put the windows down a crack in light rain, you will get wet. Climate control is good as is ventilation and window fog control. Very nice heated steering wheel. It warms all the way around instead of just part of it. With 2,000 miles on the car I'm averaging about 23 and a half miles per gallon combined. Beats the crap out of my SUV. This vehicle is actually making for a very livable daily driver. It lacks many of the storage cubbies and convenience spaces found in some cars. The brakes are strong and balanced. This vehicle is actually fun to wash. If you want a vehicle in this size range with all-wheel drive you find yourself comparing this Dodge Challenger to other cars in the $60,000 range. None of them are worth $60,000. I climbed into mine for 30k. In terms of value it's difficult to do better than the Challenger GT. It is most definitely not for everybody. It doesn't handle as well as a Camaro or a Mustang but it is a vastly better Highway Cruiser. Caveat Emptor but for the right person this thing could make your commute a whole lot more interesting and enjoyable as it has for me.

Best car I have ever owed

by SRTPETE from Montague on Mon Mar 06 2017

This car is comfortable, great ride, AA+PAINT, Well organized interior, soft leather. Quiet no road or wind noise, just plain sexy.

2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

by Bubscat from Tomball Texas on Mon Mar 06 2017

Great car; unbelievable power (707hp) a pleasure to drive, very comfortable. I have not had any problems with the car at all.

THIS CAR IS A WINNER!

by CSM04061988 from Brooklyn on Fri Sep 29 2017

This is my 3rd Dodge Challenger and I absolutely love it ! I hope they keep these cars in production for a long time!

Most reliable car I have owned! Perfection!

by Barry from Bartlesville on Fri Mar 22 2019

Great bang for the buck! Awesome sports car with comfort and super performance! Great feel and look! This SRT Hellcat challenger will meet all your expectations!

Great

by Vega from Houston, Texas on Thu Feb 02 2017

This car is great! The V6 engine is extremely powerful. The amount of torque feels perfect and the car handles really well.

My 2017 Challenger SXT gets many compliments

by Ray from Afton, VA on Thu Mar 22 2018

My 2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6L SXT in Granite Crystal Pearl with the Southeast Package including Black Sill Stripe gets compliments everywhere I go, and rightly so! Zero to 60 in 5.8 seconds, 35 mpg on the highway at 55mph, and an 18 gallon tank, it is the perfect blend of modern muscle car and daily driver. Stereo sound quality is exceptional with the Equalizer set at +2 for bass, midrange, and treble. With 16 preset channels it is always easy to find a favorite song and the latest news or comedy. Keyless entry and push button start are very convenient, as are heated side mirrors. The 6-way driver seat adjustments, separate lumbar support adjustment, adjustable steering wheel and houndstooth cloth sport seats make for a perfect driver comfort experience even on long trips. The Uconnect LED controls are intuitive, and many features are also adjustable using knobs and buttons, which makes for quick and easy tuning. Automatic gear upshift is sluggish in very cold weather, so I don't push it too hard until it has warmed up well on cold mornings. Auto climate control in cold weather tends to favor the floor, so at startup I find myself manually adjusting it to windshield/floor and to recirculate, then switching over to auto climate after a few minutes. The USB port in the console makes phone charging easy. The Sirius XM radio occasionally has a buzzing sound, but it goes away after changing channels or cycling through AM/FM and back to XM. Toggle buttons on the back of the steering wheel for changing radio channels and adjusting volume, as well buttons on the front of the steering wheel for hands free phone and for adjusting speed control (this cruise control actually slows the car down also), all make it easy to stay focused on the road. Rear wheel drive, car weight you can feel, and a right rear blind spot are things I grew up with in the 70s, so I keep these in mind when changing lanes, taking sharp turns, or driving in various weather conditions. A little throttle with the foot break on does indeed yield the desired tire smoke. The mud flaps do not keep all of the road splash off of the sides of the car, so I find myself rinsing the car often to keep it looking awesome and getting those unexpected compliments from total strangers! Interior clean up is a breeze with the rubber floor mats. I have no serious complaints thus far about my Challenger after 4 months and 11K miles. I consider my 2017 Challenger SXT a collectors item that I'll pass on to one of my grown kids some day.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2017 Dodge Challenger

The verdict:

The 2018 Dodge Challenger's new GT trim level — the first Challenger with all-wheel drive — doesn’t have the muscle to be a proper muscle car, but what it gives up in power, it gains in all-weather traction.

Versus the competition:

There are no direct equivalents to the GT, as no American company offers all-wheel drive on a sports coupe, and foreign luxury brands charge a lot more money for a much smaller car.

I can't help but wonder if the car pictured here is a solution to a problem nobody had. On one hand, owning a retro-styled muscle car is a ton of fun, with the looks, speed and cachet you can get from driving a beastly sports car. On the other hand, it comes with tradeoffs owners have traditionally expected and lived with — they aren't efficient, outward visibility is poor and they're ... disadvantaged in the snow.

Well, the folks at Dodge decided to tackle that last compromise with the 2017 Dodge Challenger GT, billed as the world's first winter-ready muscle car. It features the all-wheel-drive system that's available in the Charger sedan (the Challenger sits on... Read More