2017 Challenger

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

So far I love it

by 2Kings315 from Phoenix, AZ on March 30, 2017

Have only had it 3 weeks so cannot judge reliability but I love the looks, the horsepower for a V6 is surprising and I like the electronics package (have the 8.4 screen). The only downside is the rear seat, while it will accommodate three passengers is pretty cramped. My city mileage on the first tank was 19.9 which exceeded their prediction of 19. I haven't really had it on a trip yet so don't know about the predicted 30.

How Much Power Do You Need?

by Retro Man from Merrimac, Ma on May 17, 2017

2017 Challenger GT with AWD. I chuckle when I read the reviews of this car from people that bemoan the lack of a V8. First, until you've driven one, don't knock it. The 305 HP V6 with 268 lb ft of torque is quicker than most cars . In fact if you go back far enough, you'll realize that this is more HP than most small block Vettes and muscle cars of the 60's. Trust me- this thing screams- and not only that, you can electronically setup the performance to increase 0-60 runs, etc. right from the cockpit . Yes, it's a big, heavy coupe, so if you want to drag race it, you'll need the V8. Otherwise this power train is more than enough to get into trouble with. You can shift the 8 speed tranny with the available steering wheel shifters if you really want to get into it. Even better, I can drive it year round. In addition, the sound system/navigation/phone system is second to none. The ergonomics are incredible, even for a tall overweight guy like me. Quality of fit and finish is outstanding. Overall, the best new car I've purchased, and way better than my original 1970 Barracuda I bought when new.

Most reliable car

by Challenger rich from Saint Augustine, FL on February 20, 2017

Best American made muscle car recommend any and every muscle car fan to grab a Dodge Challenger I promise you won't regret buying this vehicle

Best car I have ever owed

by SRTPETE from Montague on March 6, 2017

This car is comfortable, great ride, AA+PAINT, Well organized interior, soft leather. Quiet no road or wind noise, just plain sexy.

Gotta love the chatlenge!

by Jon2it from Bloomingdale, NJ on April 3, 2017

The car is big and beautiful, with the SXT PLUS I have gotten great gas mileage along with a sporty feel topped off with a little bit of power.

2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

by Bubscat from Tomball Texas on March 6, 2017

Great car; unbelievable power (707hp) a pleasure to drive, very comfortable. I have not had any problems with the car at all.

THIS CAR IS A WINNER!

by CSM04061988 from Brooklyn on September 29, 2017

This is my 3rd Dodge Challenger and I absolutely love it ! I hope they keep these cars in production for a long time!

My 2017 Challenger SXT gets many compliments

by Ray from Afton, VA on March 22, 2018

My 2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6L SXT in Granite Crystal Pearl with the Southeast Package including Black Sill Stripe gets compliments everywhere I go, and rightly so! Zero to 60 in 5.8 seconds, 35 mpg on the highway at 55mph, and an 18 gallon tank, it is the perfect blend of modern muscle car and daily driver. Stereo sound quality is exceptional with the Equalizer set at +2 for bass, midrange, and treble. With 16 preset channels it is always easy to find a favorite song and the latest news or comedy. Keyless entry and push button start are very convenient, as are heated side mirrors. The 6-way driver seat adjustments, separate lumbar support adjustment, adjustable steering wheel and houndstooth cloth sport seats make for a perfect driver comfort experience even on long trips. The Uconnect LED controls are intuitive, and many features are also adjustable using knobs and buttons, which makes for quick and easy tuning. Automatic gear upshift is sluggish in very cold weather, so I don't push it too hard until it has warmed up well on cold mornings. Auto climate control in cold weather tends to favor the floor, so at startup I find myself manually adjusting it to windshield/floor and to recirculate, then switching over to auto climate after a few minutes. The USB port in the console makes phone charging easy. The Sirius XM radio occasionally has a buzzing sound, but it goes away after changing channels or cycling through AM/FM and back to XM. Toggle buttons on the back of the steering wheel for changing radio channels and adjusting volume, as well buttons on the front of the steering wheel for hands free phone and for adjusting speed control (this cruise control actually slows the car down also), all make it easy to stay focused on the road. Rear wheel drive, car weight you can feel, and a right rear blind spot are things I grew up with in the 70s, so I keep these in mind when changing lanes, taking sharp turns, or driving in various weather conditions. A little throttle with the foot break on does indeed yield the desired tire smoke. The mud flaps do not keep all of the road splash off of the sides of the car, so I find myself rinsing the car often to keep it looking awesome and getting those unexpected compliments from total strangers! Interior clean up is a breeze with the rubber floor mats. I have no serious complaints thus far about my Challenger after 4 months and 11K miles. I consider my 2017 Challenger SXT a collectors item that I'll pass on to one of my grown kids some day.

Best investment.

by Jay from Chicago on March 14, 2017

The 2017 dodge challener r/t plus is the best investment i ever made its a real head turner i always get complements and honestly it's not bad at all in gas the uconnect system is the best theres nothing bad i could say about it

Best car I have ever driven

by #dodgesnob from Queen Creek on April 21, 2017

Dodge, you make an amazing product! In my time I have owned 2 chevys, 2 Jeeps, a Honda , a BMW and a Toyota and my Challengers are far superior to all! Being 5'9", I can't believe the leg room! Maybe my next car could be a Dodge Duster or a GTX?? Talk about a dream! Bravo Dodge!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12