2005 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

4.4
Average based on 39 reviews

Great buy

by from Greeley/Fort Collins, CO on May 13, 2010

I have had my Escape for about 3 months now and it is the second best vehicle I have owned thus far. The best being an '08 Ford Focus, but it was totaled in an accident. After having the Focus and being used to the extremely great turning radius, I do have to remind myself that it is technichally classified as a truck/SUV. The handling and responsiveness is great. Mine is an '05 Escape with AWD and a V6 engine. I have taken it off roading and it felt like I was on a road with a few bumps, even though it was on back roads and fields in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. My fuel efficiency right now is about 25.5 miles per gallon. After going on a few trips with me in mine, a couple of my friends went out and got one for themselves. No complaints from them on thier Escape purchases yet. Mine has been used for commuting, family drives, towing, off-roading, and even helping a friend move. The back seats fold down completely flat and created an area about 6' long by 4' wide by 3' high. Like having a pickup but with a roof and seats in the back. GREAT multi-use vehicle, highly recommend one for any interested.

Best SUV ever

by from Lindenwood,Il on August 4, 2010

I just bought mine two months ago. When I was ready to buy I did a lot of research on compact SUV's. Every review that I read on the escape was positive. I found my '05 escape limited and fell in love with it. Love the leather interior, the reverse warning system. It handles like a dream. Not big and bulky like a full size suv more like a tall car. Very roomy and comfortable. This is my first ford, I usually buy imports but by far one of the best vehicles I have every owned. Will be keeping this until a new body style comes out for the escape and then I will buy another one. If you are looking for a great compact suv then this is the one for you. Can't wait for the snow. Bring it on, me and my escape are ready. :)

Most reliable new car I've owned

by from St. Louis, Mo. on October 2, 2010

Bought Escape new in late 2005 and have put 135,000 plus miles. With exception of new tires (at 101,000 miles) & Btry & Brakes replaced- Have only had scheduled maintenance (oil,filters,transmission fluid,coolant). Wish could find another as reliable. Only minor complaint-interior noisy at hi-way speeds.Need to keep windows closed when listening to Click & Clack.

I love my Escape

by from Ripon, Wi on June 5, 2016

I am the 4th owner of my 2005 Ford Escape xlt. Only issue I have had is the leather seats. I don't like leather seats. It's broke down on me once and only because it needed a tune up. Tune ups for the vehicle is outrageously priced. Otherwise,it has been very reliable. I've had it for nearly 4years and put 44,000 miles on it. I bought it with 130,000 miles on it. If you take care of your vehicle it will take care of you. Not all Fords are bad apples.

A Great Car

by from Brooklyn, NY on June 4, 2012

I am impressd that a car with 125000 miles that is 7 yrs old can be so tight and rattle free. Has great pick-up and handling also.

This is a very fine auto

by from Mpls., MN on April 17, 2010

I love Escape. I have more than 100,000 on an '05 and haven't done anything except put new tires on it fantastic car and I will buy another.

Maintain it and you will be rewarded

by from CT on January 12, 2015

I bought a 2005 XLT from a dealer certified used with 490 miles and saved a couple thousand. The car now has 215000 miles, has never had the check engine light come on. Engine still runs very quiet, from day one Mobil One every 5000 mi and no shortcuts on Ford recommended scheduled maintenance. Replaced the usual brakes, tires, battery, wheel bearings and front end items..... Great car, excellent package total ownership cost very low.

Love my Escape

by from Pittsburgh PA on June 6, 2011

I love this vehicle. Bought it new in 2005 have put 150,000 miles on it so far and have never had any trouble with the vehicle. Would buy another one.

ONLY Ford I would Drive

by from orlando on March 28, 2014

Wasn't a fan of Ford but this vehicle has never stopped on me. very reliable. Had it for 5 years bought it used and was the 3rd owner. Loved it. Sold it to get a minivan as our family expanded.

Would reccomend to anyone!

by from on June 19, 2012

Have a 2005 Escape Limited. Wow what a car! Styling is great, power is plentiful and I would reccomend to anyone! Beats the Honda and the Toyota hands down!