2020 Ford Escape consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Escape Ford
Explore the 2020 Ford Escape
Shop the 2020 Ford Escape

2020 Escape Titanium AWD 2.0 Ecoboost

I bounce around a lot with my cars. Prior to the Escape I was driving a 2019 Hyundai Tucson. The Tucson was great but underpowered. I was looking for an upgrade when I came across the Escape. Dealer experience was horrible but honestly when is it not? I’ve been really impressed with the selectable drive modes. Once you discover sport mode you won’t want to use any of the other options. In the past few months I’ve had to drive on ice, the ice mode prevents jerky spurts of throttle and keeps everything slow and smooth. AWD helped out a lot too. Snow was no problem either. The glass ceiling is amazing and so are the heated seats and steering wheel. Lots of storage and cubbies throughout the cabin. So far I’ve been nothing but impressed with the escape.

This will be my 5th Ford I love them and won’t dri

Love it I don’t own anything but Ford’s I have never had an issue this is the third brand new Ford I have bought from Paducah Ford

Love all upgrades

Has the power I need. Excellent gas mileage. Is an very comfortable vehicle to ride in. The technical upgrades from by previous vehicle wonderful. I recommend this vehicle for cost conscious buyers.

Beautiful car with fantastic exterior and interior

My new Ford Escape Titanium 2020 in rapid red is a jaw dropper! The color is absolutely gorgeous and vibrant. The all black leather interior along with the heated seats and steering wheel is a must!!!! I love how the interior of the car is MUCH different and more roomy than my previous Ford Escape SE 2018. I’ve never loved a car more!!!

4.4

Few flaws preventing me from giving it five stars

Couldn't buy the car without the panoramic sunroof. When windy outside or going 110 km/ h there is a terrific noise coming from the sunroof. The hands free hatch closing is not working most of the time but it managed to close the hatch on my head when unloading the trunk. Titanium trim is very expensive, for that money there are better options out there.

Nice vehicle competes favorably with SUV market

Perfect for my famiiy's personal needs. Researched a few different SUV's, this one is a great fit, loaded with features. Am looking forward to keeping it for many years.

1.7

Ford with 3 cylinders? No thanks.

As I drove away from the dealership I noticed a very distinct, very low vibration sound. It seemed to be accompanied by a jerkiness in acceleration and seemed to reach its peak at about 40 mph. I did not realize until I got home and read the owner's manual that I had just bought a 3 cylinder car. I owned a 2018 1.5L Escape until I turned it in to be replaced by the current one. The current 2020 model also has a 1.5L engine, but it only has 3 cylinders whereas the 2018 1.5L engine had 4 cylinders. The dealer said nothing about it, the window sticker just said "1.5L" and the owner's manual says nothing at all about the number of cylinders except the the firing order of the 1.5L engine on the model I bought is "1,2,3." I thought maybe that was a misprint because I honestly had never heard that Ford put a 3 cylinder engine in anything. So now I am stuck with a 3 cylinder engine for 3 years. When you drive over a certain speed the unnecessary 3d cylinder cuts out to save on gas,so then you are down to two cylinders. Maybe I can use that as an argument to get out of the last year of my 3 year lease. The interior looks like it was designed by the same guy who designs Maxwell House's plastic coffee containers.

Another great car in the Ford lineup.

The car does everything we need in a vehicle. The gas mileage is fantastic. The vehicle is comfortable and is equipped with everything that we need.

Loving my first SUV!

This vehicle looks and feels great! Beautiful and luxurious. Handles really well and I love that everything is easy to see and control through the center screen for music/entertainment, navigation, climate control and phone communication.

3.7

Very good initial impression

I like the bells and whistles on the Escape SE Hybrid we bought but really needed the Escape SE AWD so now we have both.