2013 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

side view of 2013 Explorer Ford
Explore the 2013 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2013 Ford Explorer

Very nice car

Really nice. The sport style of the ford is elegant and astonishing. The interior black leather is greatly manufacturing. The suspension is also very awesome.

1.4

Worst car I ever owned!

This car was purchased in an emergency situation and I wish I had more time to shop around. From transmission problems to issues with it's suspension, it was an endless money put! I had the car for 2 years and just got rid of it last month. So glad to be rid of that car!

Tower for camper

FWD V6 averages 26 mpg highway at 65 mph. Tows a 4200 lb camper great, except around 60 mph. Faster and slower is ok. I would buy another one. 65000 and no problems.

So far very reliable

This suv was everything I was looking for,3rd row seat, leather, sunroof,4wd and all power.V6 with enough power for all the family.also great Ruby red color.

Affordable luxury

My fully loaded 2013 Explorer Limited has every option you could possibly need. It feels like a luxury German suv but for half the cost. It is very quiet and comfortable to drive. With the class iii tow package equipped I am able to tow my 18 foot power boat with ease.

Best Ford SUV ever owned, All features available,

Every feature available in Limited trim, even more than MB ML I own. Tough off road, high clearance except front cowling (left us in Moab) spacious storage & Hauling is great, flat towing behind RV in neutral, and good headroom/. Only gripe is left foot rest missing

All the bells & whistles, and affordable too!

This vehicle has it all! Heated/Cooled seats, back-up camera, Sirius, leather interior, dual climate control, cruise, power seats, telescopic steering wheel, adjustable pedals, power moon roof with moon roof in the rear, 3rd row seating, and much more. Smooth ride!

4.3

Lots of room with Style

The car was exactly what I have been looking for, 3 rows that can hold my family with room. Went from a mini van to a SUV. Didn't want to lose all the space and I didn't. Plus have some really nice features now DVD players, Leather/heated Seats, and lots more.

3.9

Used to love, now I regret

I have a 2013 limited I've owned for 4 yrs. Loved it at first and still like it, except the problems with it. Since 2016, the hood has been bubbling and flaking off. A friend owns a 2016 and hers is doing the same thing. Its a common problem that Ford wont recall or fix. My sister has a 2014 and both of our gear shifters need replaced because when in Park, the Park light on the dash doesnt recognize its parks and continually beeps to shift to park. Now it has shut off on me twice while driving and goes into limp mode. The throttle body is going out which is another common problem. Luckily i havent been on the interstate when this has happened. Another issue is I continue to get a warning and check engine light for a fuel fill inlet problem. Apparently another common problem. But Ford has told me its no big deal and just ignore it. Now I'm having a hard time trading it in because of these problems. I'm losing a lot of value on it because a hood repaint is over $1,000 and the throttle body is around $600. And this isnt a huge deal but kindof a pain, it has 20" tires when none of our local places stock so they have to be ordered and seem to cost more. Like the car, styling, and ride, but too many problems.

4.0

Stylish SUV

This review may be too soon to offer a true opinion. We just picked up our Ford Explorer but we are hoping it will be as reliable as the Sport Trac we previously owned.