Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 45 reviews

Switched from Jeep Grand Cherokee to Ford Explorer

by from St. Augustine, FL on December 12, 2013

Recently traded my 08 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (4x4, HEMI V8), and purchased 2014 Ford Explorer Sport with 3.5L V6 with twin turbo. Black exterior with black trims and black interior is a bit too dark (and mean looking), and wish Ford offered a lighter color (white) leather for the inside... The car rides very tight (thanks to the Sport upgrades) and more comfortable than my old Jeep. I appreciate the extra large cargo area (due to the 3rd row seats) to fit all my gears plus some. MyFordTouch/SYNC is ok, not great, but not as bad as some people say about it. Turning circle can be better, in my opinion. I recommend you test drive the Explorer on city streets, highways and mall/store parking lots.

Explorer enthusiasm

by from Fairfax County, Virginia on January 30, 2014

High level computer display and capability. A fun drive and beautiful exterior and interior. This is my third explorer with a previous 1997 and a 2004 that is still in excellent condition.

Really enjoyed the.

by from Newark, N.J. on January 15, 2014

The car ride very smooth. It handles the snow. You stay in control of the SUV in cautious weather. I love the easy access to on the steering wheel for the driver,as well as the on star feature.

Love my new Explorer Limited

by from Chicago on April 16, 2014

Great ride for an SUV! Roomy interior in both first and second row seats!! i love the clean lines of the interior - easy to clean. Gas mileage is as reported so far. the Limited model with the 302A package gives you plenty of options and comfort. The voice control of the Climate, Radio, Navigation, Phone is great feature (once you get use to it)!

nice features

by from Levittown, NY on March 23, 2014

The car is spacious and roomy. It has many updated features. The sales person Marvin at Levittown Ford was very helpful by matching me with the vehichle that meet my high expectations. I was extremely pleased with this purchase and the service.

Lasting Reliability

by from Sparks, NV on February 22, 2014

Our 2007 Explorer was one of the best vehicles we've owned. We are planning on the new 2014 being even better. Our experience with Explorers is that they are a long lasting reliable performance SUV. We are looking forward to this continuing to hold true.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Best SUV I ever owned

by from Los Angeles, CA on August 10, 2015

Wow of all Wow's! Powerful engine, all the electronic features are champ in the league! I bought it and drove it and it runs smoothly that I wasn't aware that I was speeding. The cruise control helps me from getting a ticket! It sped up on hilly interstate where I live! my friends rode with me, commended how wonderful the ride was. I wake up in the morning looking forward driving my Explorer "Whitey".

Greart decision

by from Oklahoma on June 1, 2013

The nearest car I could find to the Mercury Mountineer , which I was driving before the Exployer I have not driven anything except Ford,Mercury or Lincoln in several years.

Great SUV

by from Providence, RI on March 7, 2016

I love my new explorer! Pros: - Big - Comfy - Stylish Cons: - Gas millage All in all I love the SUV!

Ford Explorer

by from St. George KS on August 18, 2015

Very nice car. Love it's look on the inside and out. Have only had it for 3 days so it is still new to us.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Ford Explorer