2018 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

side view of 2018 Explorer Ford
Explore the 2018 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2018 Ford Explorer

My dream car

This is my 4th Ford Explorer over the last 20 years and I am very happy. Every time I upgrade is nicer in every aspect. I am glad that after so many people telling me to just go to another style and company, I made the right decision.

Very good car, durable and trustworthy

Love the inside room, 3rd row seat and the fact that the 2nd and 3rd row can be collapsed. Love the rear camera and all of the functions of being able to bring my phone apps up on the screen. So good for our very busy, on the go lifestyle

100% in love with my Explorer!

I’m absolutely in love with my 2018 Ford Explorer XLT! It’s exterior appearance is eye catching and the inside is so nice. Lots of room and meets all the needs for me and my family!

Feeling Fancy

This SUV met all of my needs. It has been reliable so far. I only purchased a few weeks ago. Have showed it off to many of my friends and family. Thank you Gary Yeoman

The Nicest Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!

My Explorer has met all my needs and has all the space I needed for my big family. I don’t have to worry now when out on the road if I’m gunna make it or not.

3.1

Practical Everyday Vehicle; Finish Quality Suspect

Works well as a combo for the daily suburban and commuting life. Room enough for hauling 2 adults and their stuff to baseball, soccer and such and adequate performance and comfort for road trips. Skip if you have 3 kids and travel at all - not enough room for that. Fit and finish is typical American vehicle average is good enough. Doesn’t mean it didn’t serve the family well and performed fine in rain and snow in Washington state but if attention to detail is your thing, this isn’t. I see another reviewer had windshield molding fly off. Mine came loose and I was able to easily pull it off. It’s just Velcro holding it on. I was stunned.

3.7

left leg room

I am tall 6'1"and the left wheel well intrudes so that my left leg position is uncomfortable, and no room for my foot. I avoid driving this car on long trips. Seats are comfortable , 3.5 L engine is excellent. Lots of cargo space. Factory carpet install is shoddy. Roof rails came loose and became a recall. Dealer recently fixed this issue.

Love my Explorer

I was in the market for a mid size SUV that had a lot of bells and whistles. The Platinum Explorer meet all my needs. Very luxurious and has so much power. So happy with my purchase.

Most reliable car I’ve owned

This car Meets all my needs the leg room is great has lots of seating.The navigation feature is great.It rides really nice and very quite road noise.Can’t beat it for winter weather.

Awesome SUV

We moved from a minivan to an explorer. The explorer has plenty of leg room, great technology, and nice storage. Drives really smooth on the freeway and city.