2019 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

$32,365–$34,515 MSRP range
side view of 2019 Explorer Ford
Explore the 2019 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2019 Ford Explorer

Follows the reliability of our other XLTs.

We’re sold on always purchasing the Ford Explorer XLT. This is our third Explorer. Satisfied with the most recent latest purchase. We’re having fun learning it’s features.

It is a great car and we love it

I have owned 7 Ford cars a pickups and wouldn’t own any other brand. I have bought 5 from this dealership and they have been great.

Love my Explorers x3

This is my 3rd Explorer. Very reliable, handles great, in all weather, roomy, even when packed for vacation or taking our german shepherds for a ride.

I love my new Ford Explorer

i have purchased cars from Fairmont Ford and Gregg Smitherman. I am pleased with the service and knowledge. I like the fact that when we go into the dealership they know who we are and are always willing to help.

4.0

The 3.5 liter eco post has great power

Paint quality was poor from the factory. Multiple drips and runs. Interior is OK. The engine and drivetrain is fantastic with the all wheel drive and twin turbo v6 in the sport model.

3.3

Recurring computer problems

Love the car. Hate the recurring computer problems. Complained to dealership sales department and they told me “buy a warranty “. So much for customer appreciation

exactly what I would expect from a new vehicle

This vehicle has plenty of comfort built in and performs very well also. My wife loves her new explorer and the options it includes. She intends to keep it for a very long time.

Love the comfort

I absolutely love driving this car. It rides smooth on the highway. I love the room it has to transport teenagers with comfort. I like that is has a third row seat that you can use or lay flat for more cargo.

Like my new Ford Explorer

This is my second for explorer. This car meets our needs. Has plenty of leg room and room to put the grandkids. We should enjoy for many years to come.

Best SUV (Next to the Expedition and Escape) I own

This vehicle is fantastic! Noticing it has become well sought after now. Being Front-Wheel-Drive and 45/55 weight balance. It handles so great in the snow and temperamental weather. The 2020 models are rear wheel drive and may not handle as well as the 2019. To include the naturally aspired V6. No possible chance for electronic or technical drama or complications. A plain old school V6 the way Henry Ford made it.