2014 Focus

3.9 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

My Focus Experience is Good

by Dan M from Los Angeles, CA on April 4, 2016

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE with the sports package with 90K miles. I have never had a problem and only take it to the shop for normal maintenance. I did buy the car with a manual transmission because I was a little spooked by the stories I was hearing about the automatic transmission. I don't have the high end MyFord system either. It rides nice, handles well and I average about 30 mpg overall in L.A. traffic. I would buy another one again.

My Focus

by dallasguy214 from Dallas Tx on November 30, 2014

I purchased a 2014 Focus last week as a second car. I have a heavy duty truck and wanted something small just to scoot around in. I am very happy with my purchase I love the car already! It drives amazing and is fun to drive. I do have a 2 things I would like to point out that potential buyers may want to know: My car is brand new and is already getting 37 mpg HOWEVER the gas tank is only 12 gallons, I drive about 300 miles a week so I have to fill up every 5 days- which is not that bad because gas prices right now it only takes about 25 dollars to fill up. The only thing that I wish was different is the tilt wheel... it doesn't go down as much as I would like it to I like my steering wheel very low. Other than that I wouldn't change anything about this car! If you are looking for a new compact car the Focus is worth looking at! I got a great deal check them out!

Impressive ride

by Ford guy from Texas on October 20, 2014

My wife purchased a '14 Focus SE Hatchback spring of '14 and I used it on occasion and liked it so much that I traded in my '12 Mustang for my own '14 Focus se hatchback in Tuxedo black.... The car exterior styling looks sharp, sporty yet functiional. The rear trunk/hatch is very spacious and with the rear seats floded down, hold a LOT of cargo... The ride is firmer & more sporty than I thought it'd be and is very road worthy either as a daily driver or on a road trip either way it is great on gas... City I'm getting on average 25.6 MPG and freeway 38.1mpg on reg 87. The car feels a bit more peppy when filling up with 91% octane though. I knew many were complaining about the auto trans before I bought mine but that didnt change my mind, I know Ford puts out a great product & stands behind their customers... The auto trans is not a true automatic but a automated manual trans that is computer controlled therefore it is going to feel like its being driven by someone that is really good with a manual trans... Other than a occasional stutter (clutch slipping actually) it is a very smooth shifting car.... I'm looking forward to our cross country road trip next summer!

Great Car, I really like it

by MING from on March 31, 2015

Great Car, I really like it! I owned this car for two years, it's raliable and really safe in many conditions!

nice car for the price

by Big guy in a small car from Oakdale, MN. on April 1, 2014

I love the gas mileage and thr getup the 2.0 engine has. The Ford Sync hands free system is good, too.

Ford focus clutch failure

by Former Ford Fan from Williamsburg, VA on May 6, 2017

The dual clutch automatic transmission is a lemon. Two clutches later and the hesitation in mild acceleration continues to plague an otherwise good car.

Does not recommend this car!!

2014 Focus Titanium

by 350zmarty from Seattle on April 24, 2015

I traded in a 2014 Dodge Challenger Rt in for a New Focus Titanium, due to a new Job with a 52 mile round trip commute daily, so I needed great gas mileage. My worry was going from almost 400 horsepower to a economy car. I did a ton of research and kept coming back to the Focus. I will tell you that with the dual clutch transmission, this car is a lot of fun to drive. I averaged 16 miles per gallon in my Challenger with mixed driving, and my new Focus , I am doubling that !! I get close to 40 Mpg on the freeway. The interior is so much better quality than the Challenger, and I love the Sony sound system with 390 watts. The leather interior is very nice, and the overall technology is incredible. I got mine with rebates at a great deal, which was a great deal.

Stylish and Comfortable

by Alysa_Vail from Temecula on May 8, 2014

This car has been reliable from day 1. I have enjoyed driving it and it makes my commute very comfortable. I would recommend this car to everyone. The team at Rancho Ford is so helpful!

Great car for the price.

by Bencaesars2014 from on December 9, 2014

I just bought my 2014 SE sedan. It is a great car. mine is the 5 speed manual. transmission is smooth and the comfort is there as well. If you can drive a 5 speed...then I would take one out for a test drive. Mine has a great Bluetooth function as well. The focus has came along way. Very improved and amazing gas mileage. take one out for a test drive....it might change your opinion on the focus....atleast it did for me. hope this helps.

A great car!

by Smart Car from Kankakee, IL on March 31, 2014

This is the first time I have purchased a Ford Focus. Thus far, I have been impressed with the performance of this car. I brought my car from Sutton Ford in Matteson. The service was professional and the Sale Consultant, George Barker, provided excellent customer service. I would recommend anyone who is in the market to purchase a Ford Focus.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 27