2014 Ford Focus consumer reviews

side view of 2014 Focus Ford
Explore the 2014 Ford Focus
Shop the 2014 Ford Focus

Fantastic Car Part Of Our Family

I had A 2005 S model before I bought This one,I had it 9 years,until the motor mounts broke,I live where there are a lot of dirt roads and chuck holes,I traded it in and told them about the motor mounts,they gave me a good trade for a 2014 Focus SE It was also White,it has been a fantastic car in the 7 years i have had it,very smooth and quiet,miles per gallon has been anywhere from 39.6 to 48.8 on the highway when filter and oil is clean,and spark plugs are good where it drops is in city driving or going up a hill,it has been very reliable and tough..I love it!! I even named it "Toni" because its a female voice on the sync,Toni is part of my family and if she breaks down i'm going to fix her,i plan to keep her for a long time to come,she is that good!

1.9

Do not buy!

This car should be recalled with the immense amount of transmission and engine problems it has, it is a big waste of money and very unreliable.

1.0

WORST CAR EVER

Car is not reliable. Transmission and clutch issues the minute I bought it. Now transmission is shot and it's damaged the coolant system, bushings, etc.... Been at dealership for 3 weeks no calls and return calls at that. Reported to BBB they denied because 6 months past warranty, car has 80,000 I purchased it at 36000. Now I'm without a car and no calls. Ford is the worst corporation.

2.4

Clutch and transmission issues out of the gate

Transition and clutch issues from day 1, which Ford has been extremely slow in accepting any blame for. I've always loved Ford trucks, but this Ford Focus and Ford's customer service has ensured we will never own another Ford.

2.4

Worst car I have ever owned

This car has had problems since the day I bought it. Brand new and yet had clutch issues for the moment I drove it off the dealership. Had the clutch replaced twice, still has issues. Gas mileage unimpressive.

1.9

Shuttering problem

My car has a shuttering problem. It started 5 months after l purchased it. When my car reached 100,000 miles Ford sent me a letter stating they won’t fix the problem because my warranty is up. My question is why would a defect in the car be under warranty? I don’t understand why Ford would do this let alone sell the cars knowing there was a problem which cannot be fixed. My problem now is l can’t afford to have the the shuttering taken care of. At the time l purchased the car l was working. Now l am retired and live on Social Security. I don’t understand why Ford could do this to people. It shows they don’t care about what they do to the people who buy their vehicles.

A fun car to drive.

I love these cars, bought a 2014 new but didnt like the quirky transmission (I was driving lyft) so I traded it. Since then I currently own three others. One has a five speed manual, My favorite, the other two ford fixed the dual clutch and they are fine. I like these cars because they are very reliable and get great mileage.

2.7

The 6 speed Automatic transmissions are a nightmar

Do not buy one of these cars with a 6 speed double clutch automatic. They're faulty transmissions and Ford knew it when they put them in the cars and sold them. They're extremely expensive to fix and once you have them fixed you really still have a faulty transmission. Used transmissions are extremely expensive as well for my experience they average about $1,500 used at a salvage yard. If it had a good transmission we would love the car gas mileage is good handling is good styling is nice but none of that matters when you can't drive the car.

1.6

I can only go short distances because of that doub

I've had a lot of trouble with this car a double clutch they put in is not right you should have been a recall on it I can't find it they said the warranties worn out on the car I thought all recalls never expire I am so mad

1.6

Worst Car I've Ever Owned

This car is terrible. I have gone thru 3 clutches. a TCM, motor mounts and lost half of my warranty due to lies from dealership. Will be scrapping as soon as I can get a new car.