NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Focus

2014 Ford Focus

2014 Ford Focus

3.9

Have You Driven the 2014 Ford Focus?

Cheap base starter car

by James H from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Jul 28 2017

Bought this car new after years of buying used cars on the "hit" or "miss" principal. Purchased 4 years 48000 mile service plan with it and it was worth it. Had the A/C system fail in the first 6 months but Ford supplied a rental during the service. A rental was also provided during recalls which helps with the inconvenience . I've tracked 99% of my fuel mileages and receipts. I can confidently claim 40+ MPG on the highway all year long and 32 MPG average mixed city highway. I would go for this car again as a base model with the manual transmission. It does have its interesting quarks and conversation starters, like power winds in the front, with crank windows in the back, built in blind spot mirrors. One nice feature that I noticed was when starting you can turn the key to start and then let go, and the car will start almost like a push button, it throws me off when I go to start older cars as you have to hold the key in the start position until it starts. It is an economy car that has a little pep for the on ramps and passing, down shift to4th or 3rd on the highway and your at 80 before you no it. The engine does sound good at higher RPMs but in 1st gear it get loud and winey/jumpy between 5-10 mph. I use 1st to start moving and shift to 2nd as soon as possible. PROS: Great gas mileage. Good power when needed. Mix of old style base features and modern upgrades where you want them most. CONS: One feature I really do no like is the traction control, as you cannot turn it off in this year and model, it makes the winter slush and snow more difficult than it needs to be and you will be bouncing the clutch trying to get power down. Suggestions: If you are looking at this Gen Focus get the manual transmission and have all the benefits of the cheap car without the issues plagued by the automatic power shift system.

Great gas mileage, constant repair needed

by rlybarger07 on Tue Aug 15 2017

This car is great on gas mileage. I have gotten 40 mpg on the highway sometimes. It is also very comfortable and stylish. The only problem is I have had to get the clutch and transmission repaired 4 times now and it's never actually fixed. It may be fixed for a couple weeks and then there's issues again.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great little compact

by Mlemos89 from Bethlehem, PA on Tue Jun 23 2015

I've owned a Honda, Toyota, Focus, and Ranger. I have to say that this Focus is the best car that I've had. I went with the 14 model because it was cheaper than the 15 model but still new, I got an SE with leather interior, the winter package (heated seats\sidemirrors), and the moon roof. I have to say I'm glad I went with this over the basic Fusion which was in the same price range. I am 5'11 but I still have enough room. The drive is very smooth, and MPGs are amazing compared to my previous vehicle which was the ranger. I average like 27 MPG as of now. I do more city driving. The quality of the interior materials are impressive for the price, especially compared to competitors. I also auto the automatic with the auto shifter, and the car has a nice amount of pick up.

Reliable and efficient, the perfect commuting car

by TylerDC from Springfield, VA on Sat Jun 10 2017

This was the first car I have ever bought and I used it as a vehicle to get me to and from college. The Focus is not an extraordinarily large car but it will certainly hold you and all your luggage or friends. I personally am 6'4" and still was capable of having a comfortable fit all while being able to park in those compact spots. The trunk is deceptively large and the drive is smooth. Being an i4 engine I was not expecting much but she can get up and go as much as the next car, and is an exceptional car for those looking for an easy commute or even go light on gas. 10/10 recommend to friends.

Efficient but has opportunity

by KR from Minneapolis, Minnesota on Sat Mar 31 2018

I have owned this car for 2 years and it has 71M on it. It is a great highway car as seen by its 37+ mpg (I have observed 40+mpg on long highway trips). Around town I get 30 mpg on mixed use commuter driving. The Interior head rests are really uncomfortable for me at 6ft 1in tall. I lean the seat back further than I’d like to avoid the discomfort. The transmission sometimes has trouble picking what gear to use at times leaving the driver feeling like an eternity has passed before there is power. Also have had it give no response in really cold weather at times. Get a stick.

Does not recommend this car!!

Good Econ

by Conservative from Ft. Lauderdale on Wed Jan 01 2014

Found the car to be smart looking both inside and outside-Has good power for a 4 cly- A little bumpy in city driving... The SE model does hace a lot of extras for the price paid.

Great Car

by DOT from Manchester NH on Tue May 13 2014

We were going to wait until the 2015 Focus came out before buying. However we looked at the 2015 vs the 2014 and were not impressed with the 2015. Ford decided to make it a Small Ford Fusion. We loved the distinct look of the 2014, It kept it separate from the Fusion . So we purchased the 2014 & are VERY pleased with our New 2014 Focus S Sedan. It is A Great American Vehicle in every area.

Fantastic second car

by AmericanDragon on Sun Oct 29 2017

Great car for new financing. Has GREAT mileage. This is my second car (first newer car) and it meets all my needs. Only downside is the engine kicking.

First New Car

by FocusLuvr from Cincinnati, OH on Thu Jan 29 2015

I bought this car about 2 weeks ago. I previously had a 2012 Dodge Avenger but was looking for something smaller and more fuel efficient. Thats what got me to buy the Focus. Mine is a SE hatchback in all black and tan on the inside. I love it its so zippy (as i got the 5 spd manual). It doesn't feel like I'm driving a boat anymore! This car sips gas slowly and refilling the tank isn't a problem either as its super cheap. Ive had it 2 weeks and got a really good deal as dealers are trying to get rid of the '14s and bring in the '15s so if you want one new I suggest you buy soon before they sell out of the previous year model. The ride is a little firmer than I'm used to and the driver seat is a little hard. But I can live with that. All in all I love my little car and since it only had 3 miles at purchase I will probably keep it for another 200 thousand miles!

Nicest and most reliable car I have had so far

by LindaMZ from Peoria, IL on Sun Aug 26 2018

This is the first car I have bought and I really enjoy it. It’s comfy and good looking , as well as driving good. It also has been very reliable with no problems so far.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36