2014 Ford Focus

Sporty & Fuel Efficient Small Car

by from Kirkland, WA on May 4, 2014

I purchased an SE hatchback with the 6 speed dual clutch automatic. Excellent car, comfortable, sporty with plenty of room thanks to the hatchback design. I typically manage between 24 and 30 MPG even with my spirited driving over the past 1,400 miles. Yes the dual clutch transmission takes a little getting used to, but once you figure out how to manage it, it works much better than old fashioned automatics. Sync could have better menu controls, but it is far better than some more expensive systems I have used in several luxury brands. The car is very comfortable, controls are all easy to use and reach and the handling overall is excellent. Ford has made great improvements to their models, especially the Focus and Fiesta (which I also own). I also have found that their products to be far better than offerings from GM or Chrysler as well as many of the imports. Hope they keep things up for when I am eventually ready for another new vehicle.

My Focus Experience is Good

by from Los Angeles, CA on April 4, 2016

I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE with the sports package with 90K miles. I have never had a problem and only take it to the shop for normal maintenance. I did buy the car with a manual transmission because I was a little spooked by the stories I was hearing about the automatic transmission. I don't have the high end MyFord system either. It rides nice, handles well and I average about 30 mpg overall in L.A. traffic. I would buy another one again.

A car with preformance

by from Medford, Or. on November 24, 2015

First 10,000 miles had to put in two quarts of oil, after that Not burning a drop, this is a Ford and all Fords I have owned have done this. The stock tires on this car are good at handling but get noisy after 15,000 miles on older roads, replace the tires at a cost of $800.00 all good now noise level down to 40 decibels while driving before tire change it ran about 80 to 90 decibels. Drove over 500 miles on a tank of gas that's 11.5 gallon fuel tank but have got better but no one would believe it, Going up hill it drives better than some cars equipped with a V-8. I have had It in the shop for a couple of minor things was in and out in about a hour, I have a automatic and it was acting nuts once in a while so they reprogramed the computer and no problems since. I got the Titanium model just wish it had all wheel drive, the 2016 does have it but not the duel turbo charged motor that they have in Europe. Drove 5000 miles in one week and still felt comfortable each day. The navigation system has hung up a couple of times and when I really needed it, so if you have a problem and can't get it to work reset it and lose all your stored information and start over calling the company did not do me any good. Stay away from the highway in Las Vegas that goes by area 51 cause that's where I had trouble, after that no more problems with the Nav. system. Back to the tires I had 30K on them when I finally couldn't take it anymore and sprung for new rubber but could of got another 30K out of them so be Sure you don't have the cheep tires on the car you buy be sure to road test you car 10 miles on roads to see if you can handle the noise level, the noise level wont show up till 55 MPH and on bad roads so make sure you go on a freeway that you drive all the time to make sure your Ok with the noise level. Had some issues with the key FOB but took care of that myself by replacing the battery. For those of you who don't make your payments on time this one can be shut down remotely and if you do a crime in this car they will find you! This is not a car for someone who's paranoid! but after 2015 all cars will be this way anyway. One small thing was the passenger seat was not electric and was a small bummer but on big deal. My wife who is 4FT8 Ins can drive this car because of all the seat movement and I can back it way off so I can drive it 6'2 225 lbs. boy is tight. This car comes with the following, remote start remote lock unlock heated seats electric mirrors 200 watt sound system with touch screen controls with CD player and RCA jack inputs also has two USB inputs for charging or playing things on your Ipad or tablet, tilt steering lumbar back support heated front seats rear window lock control on driver side and big trunk for a small car. I have the 6 speed auto it has a paddle shift of the side of the gear shift knob if you like to manually shift and it has traction control with it which is nice in slippery driving conditions. Fog lights come standard. I drove this car up to 100 MPH and its rock solid on the road I have the hatch back I had a 2013 Ford focus sedan and at 90 was shifty on the road so if you do high speed be aware of this for the sedan. Drove in 8 Western States with no problems what so ever at the higher speeds allowed in States like Texas Idaho Nevada or Colorado. This is a good car for anyone, if you are buying for a teenager be sure they are responsible drivers this car is quick, it's not a corvette but its not even being close to the pinto or the 1980's mustang with 4 cylinder engine.

Great American Made Car

by from Bozeman, Montana on May 9, 2014

This is my First Ford and I Love this car. I opted for the automatic transmission which is really a dual clutch transmission. I have not owned a domestic U.S. brand car in about 15 years, but the Ford Focus really changed my mind so I purchased the car new. I also opted for leather and heated seats due to living in Montana. I will say like most people the radio and sound system take some getting adjusted to.

Gas mileage is nothing close to advertised

by from St. Louis, MO on March 12, 2015

I bought a 2013 focus hatchback titanuim with every option for 3 reasons. 1. For the fuel efficiency. 2. For the reliability. 3. For the price. It failed me for the fuel efficiency though, which was my main selling point. I wanted the 28-38 mpg it was advertised at, I drive highways 85% of the time and I baby this thing to try to get better fuel efficiency, yet it still only gets 27 mpg. The reliability has been overall pretty well, except for the transmission having issues at 20,000 miles (which is common for these cars, ford has found the issue and can fix it). And I also got the car for about $4,000 less than they usually go for because of some pretty great haggling on my part if I do say so myself (I made 2 competing car dealerships fight for my business, whatever dealership have me the best deal got my business). Other than the fuel economy being questionably low, and some minor issues with my touch screen, backup camera, and Bluetooth sync on my radio occasionally, it's a really nice car, but after I purchased this car, I discovered a competitors car with generally the same interior, slightly different looks, and very slightly less advertised fuel economy (1-2 less mpg), for slightly more money, considerably greater performance (in the turbo'd option), that I would have rather gotten, since I enjoy higher performance vehicles.

first new car

by from Great Mills, MD on October 22, 2014

Love the styling. Wouldnt recommend the S model. The SE is a good value overall. Interior and exterior are very nice. Mileage is a big plus. Lots of storage

In LOVE

by from NH on August 4, 2014

This was my first new car purchase and I could not be happier so far. I only have about 1500 miles on my ford focus se, but I love it. I feel like I got an extraordinary value considering the price I paid and the quality. Not only is it very stylish vehicle, but it is very comfortable. I love the black cloth seats. They feel like they are much more durable then many other materials used in other cars. Also, the gas mileage is AMAZING. I typically drive on back roads-between 30-50 mph, but probably have driven about 400 miles on highway since my purchase. After calculating it out after each fill-up since I bought the car I have been averaging around 38mpg! Much higher then even the sticker indicated! Overall I recommend this car to anyone! I was originally looking at jetta s (with far less options, worse gas mileage and no alloy wheels for about the same price,) and the toyota corolla (reliable but not exciting/ stylish at all.) after test driving these I was not overly impressed with either, so my boyfriend suggested I look at the focus'. After one test drive I was obsessed.

Great Car, I really like it

by from on March 31, 2015

Great Car, I really like it! I owned this car for two years, it's raliable and really safe in many conditions!

Stylish and Comfortable

by from Temecula on May 8, 2014

This car has been reliable from day 1. I have enjoyed driving it and it makes my commute very comfortable. I would recommend this car to everyone. The team at Rancho Ford is so helpful!

A great car!

by from Kankakee, IL on March 31, 2014

This is the first time I have purchased a Ford Focus. Thus far, I have been impressed with the performance of this car. I brought my car from Sutton Ford in Matteson. The service was professional and the Sale Consultant, George Barker, provided excellent customer service. I would recommend anyone who is in the market to purchase a Ford Focus.