2008 Fusion

2008 Ford Fusion

2008 Ford Fusion

4.4

Have you driven the 2008 Ford Fusion?

Best Kept Secret

by John from Arnaudville, La. on Fri Oct 14 2011

I was reluctant when my wife wanted to buy the Fusion after having driven Towncars since 1992. I just thought there was no other car out there besides the towncar, which proved to be reliable. My wife wanted a change and always wanted a vehicle with the shifter on the floor. She fell in love with the looks of the Fusion SEL. It had a lot of the same features the Towncar had and she said it felt like she was driving a sports car. Since it was going to be her car and the price was really great I agreed. After driving it myself I fell in love with it quick. The performance and handling is the best. Ride is a little stiffer then the Towncar but trying to compare these two isn't fair to the Fusion, but within its class I felt it compared above some of the much higher priced cars. After 3 years of driving and 60,000 miles I still feel the same about the car, not a problem to speak of, only a battery replacement and recent tire replacement. It has never had to go in for anything. Very well built car and I feel was one of Fords Best kept secrets until we made the purchase. Fun to drive!!! Before this purchase I personally drove my Pickup Truck. Now my wife and I fight over who is going to drive the car. People have told us,"you took a step down this time" Well if ever they test drove the Fusion they would realize the quality of this car and have a total different view on it. I had to give it a 5 star rating, not a thing I found I would change in the model we bought. Hope they keep this model around. Surely will buy another.

my # 2 car

by ELAW from cleve. oh. on Sat Apr 03 2010

I bought the car in jan. 2010. i own a bmw and wanted a every day vehicle with a little power ( sel v6 ) i found the fusion to have just that. i like the interior sync , 6 disc changer the voice activation etc. the exterior styling is nice i have own many fords from lincolns to f-150 and only my mustangs were more enjoyable to drive. the car has been dependable so far. only thing if you live in a snow area purchase better tires.

Use to own a Civic

by Big Fan from Austin Texas on Thu Mar 05 2009

I had a 2005 Honda Civic. Was stolen and totaled. Went to get Civic again but stopped at Ford dealer to compare was going to look at Focus. Drove the Fusion and never made it to the Honda dealer. Was blown away! Love the sync, have 2008 SEL AWD. The sync is great once you learn how to use, plenty of leg and headroom, nice trunk space. Great sound system, very nice ride getting 22 city/27 hwy. Get plenty of looks and comments. Like the lights on mirrors at night. Great pickup to get on hwy for a V6. Overall after 5 months and 17k miles very happy!

Ford fusion 08

by Dee from Elkview, WV on Thu Jan 20 2011

I bought this car used in Oct. 2010 and it had 25000 miles on it. I love the style and the drive....very smooth drive! The mileage hasn't lived quite up to my expectations as I get avg 23 mpg which is a combo of city and interstate driving. I feel like it doesn't drive on snowy hills as well as my Mercury Sable 05.

Great traveling car

by Mike from Utah from Salt Lake City, UT on Fri Dec 20 2013

Bought this car in 2012 with 124,000 miles and have had zero problems. At the time I bought it I was an account manager and traveled over four states to meet my customers. This car has a 6 cylinder engine and is AWD. I now have 164,000 miles and it runs as if it's brand new. Mileage for this car is around 26 MPG and does great on 85 octane regular unleaded gas. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a good looking reliable car for traveling.

fun to drive

by drive many miles from micigan on Sat Jan 30 2010

This is a fun car to drive . The six cylinder has great punch . Highway mileage 30mpg at 70mph . Great car for price.

So far so good...

by Daylin Knight from Newport, MI on Fri Mar 09 2018

I have owned three cars, but frequently driven about seven. This one is the nicest. It is a smooth ride that is great on gas. I haven't had it for long, but I still stand by this review.

No wonder they keep making them.

by Ken from Athens, OH on Tue Jan 20 2015

My wife and I purchased this vehicle about three months ago. Used in fair to good condition. I drive it to work every day for about 60 miles there and back. This is a wonderful car! It is the SEL version, so it has all the amenities one could ask for besides a sun roof. And who has owned a sun roof that didn't leak at least once, even if you only forgot to close it? Show of hands? This car has a smooth ride, the controls are easy to adjust while driving, the digital readout, although it is old school LED, nevertheless is very informative and easy to get the info you need. A lot of these reviews have complained about engine noise. Yes there is a rather loud growl from the engine compartment under acceleration. I you are used to Town Cars or Crown Vics you may think it excessive. Me, I like it. Sounds sporty. Under normal driving conditions, the sound is hardly noticeable. Gas mileage is great for a 4 door sedan. Worst: 22 in the city, best 32 on the highway. Not too shabby for my money. This is for a car with 106,000 miles on it! Body has no rust, none. What little chrome is on it shines like new. I live in Ohio where they still salt the roads at times during the winter. The paint is still fine, with only a few scratches on the deck where the lady who owned it before me used to deposit her purse when she got groceries out of the back seat. (Doncha hate that?) Last thing I want to say is, this car is almost exactly the same as the Mazda 6. Mazda and Ford collaborated a lot the last decade, so the engineering of this car is mostly Japanese. When you are researching this car, take into consideration reviews for the Mazda 6 as well. I have driven both cars and they are virtually identical except for some of the styling and suspension tuning.

A joy to drive and own

by Fusion Fanatic from Treasure Valley, Idaho on Thu Feb 06 2014

This is my second Ford Fusion and it is even better than the first one. Styling, handling, trim level, performance are fantastic for a mid-range sedan. It feels more sportier and luxurious, which I really appreciate and enjoy. With the V6 3.0L engine, there is plenty of power and yet still good fuel economy, with very reliable maintenance and performance. The 2008 Fusion is a delight to own and drive.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Sozi from Whitewater on Thu Feb 15 2018

This car meets all my needs. It's very fuel efficient, plenty of leg room. The trunk is very large. It rides very smooth. Excellent vehicle for reliability.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2008 Ford Fusion

Three years have passed since the Ford Fusion arrived, and those years have been kind: Its proportions still lend a clean-cut athleticism that's rare among family sedans, and its spot-on handling puts many of those sedans to shame. In competition with some of its freshest rivals, the Fusion comes up short overall, but it beats most of them in value — the well-equipped base model starts around $18,000 — and remains a viable choice for car shoppers seeking a midsize bargain.

The Ford Fusion comes in S, SE and SEL trims, with front- or all-wheel drive, manual or automatic transmissions, and four-cylinder or V-6 engines; click here to see a side-by-side comparison with the 2007... Read More