2020 GMC Sierra 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2020 Sierra 1500 GMC
Explore the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500
Shop the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500

Great Truck

I did my research and test drove several models. The GMC 1500 Duramax does everything I want it to do and more. Great gas milage, nice power and very comfortable.

2.7

Currently in Litigation with GMC

This truck has been a nightmare! Its a beautiful truck but everything that could go wrong with the truck has. It has been in and out of the dealership 6 times now. First for the recall issues - excess glue problem on battery and seat belt positioner. Next, came the check engine lights at 7k miles which had to do with braking system. Then, at 30K more CELs which they attributed to needing system updates for emission systems. Truck also had oil pan leak, transmission cooler line leaks, and rear pinon seal leaks fixed at the same time. The CELs came back on shortly after repair. Finally, they found damage on 4 locations to the main engine wiring harness due to rubbing. They fixed that but damaged the steering column so it made a grinding noise on the wheel and was loose. Had them fix that which only worked temporarily. CELs came back on the vehicle. Truck finally died and left me stranded this past weekend due to a failing Diesel Pump and Transmission Cooling Regulator Valve. Finally, The rear window leaks from the factory but due to the amount of miles I have GMC refuses to fix it and wants 4.5K to fix the window and electronics it damaged. I have left multiple messages to my GMC case specialist only to be ignored but when I call GMC customer care they just transfer me back to them. Horrible customer service and an even worst truck.

Best truck we have owned!

Truck meets my and my wife's needs. She loves her and I do to! Love sport mode and the tow hail mode. Rides like a Cadillac!

Best truck I’ve bought

The features and styling are very aesthetic. The truck has very smooth handling and response. I am impressed with the response from the Diesel engine.

I absolutely LOVE my truck!

We bought this truck in July of 2020 and it is my “Mama-mobile”! Yes it’s a woman’s truck 😉 I have a 7 1/2 year old son and almost 5 year old son, both who are extremely tall for their ages and there is PLENTY of room in the back with room to spare!!! I have put 15k miles on it already and it’s still drives so smooth and I have not had a lick of trouble out of it!! No regrets on this purchase at all, and I’m usually very critical of vehicles!

3.1

Pretty Bummed Out

Hopefully all will get resolved...coming out of a Tahoe with 110,000 miles and excited to get into my 2020 Sierra Denali 1500 Carbon Pro with the Duramax Diesel. At this point, I have had the car 2 weeks and it has been back at the deal twice, this time going on 4 days. First issue was a coolant sensor that set off an engine warning and the second problem is car wouldn’t start due to dead battery. Apparently 4 open recalls on the 2020 and I guess my dealer didn’t take care of them? They still can’t figure out what is draining the battery. Truck has about 900 miles on it. Now have the feeling of “what’s going to be messed up?” Every time I press the start button. Certainly takes the enjoyment out of owning this physically beautiful truck. When it works it is an absolute joy to drive and it is the best looking truck on the road....all that said....I want it gone.

after 16 years of patiently waiting

only had it a few days but so far so good! fuel economy goes up with each drive, handles wonderfully, extremely comfortable and my grandson can do his schoolwork from the truck thanks to the tech package! Time for an extended road trip!

Love it!

Love the look! It drives like a dream! Still learning how to work everything, but enjoying it! Anxious for a Road Trip (that will be coming soon)

Love all extras, especially the heads up display

The Denali meets our needs for a luxury pick up truck with a stylish exterior, comfortable and functional interior and a very comfortable ride. I really like the air conditioned seats, heads up display and the way the rear view and driver’s side mirrors dim the heads lights from behind at night.

It's a very nice truck

This is a nice truck and performs well for my life style. I recommend this truck to anyone looking for power and performance in towing.