2002 Civic

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

One of the BEST cars!

by hondalover from Washington, DC on October 3, 2011

I purchased a Civic after I totaled my first car and I have to admit, this is the BEST car I have! Despite some peeling paint, I've had no maintenance trouble for the past 3 years. I highly recommend it for everyone!

PERFECTION!

by MikeYarrows from Sacramento, CA on October 16, 2010

What more could a person ask for in a car? A 2002 Civic EX is the BANG for the buck! Perfect MPG, all around good performance, comfort is great. Its not too simple yet not to complicated like most newer models of other cars such as a 2010 bmw or audi. I would recommend this car to a friend! Most definetely. On average i get 35 city and 40+ highway and this isnt even a HYBRID!

2002 Civic Si

by Sivic from Lawrenceville, NJ on April 4, 2007

One of the best values for the money. The Civic Si is probaby the best choice for anyone looking for a good mixture of performance, comfort, and reliability, while keeping the price tag down. There is a tremendous amount of space in the car, and it seats 5 people without a problem. The trunk is very spacious and will hold almost anything, and if not you can flip the rear seats down to make more room. The car itself has never failed me once (except one time when i ran out of gas) and the engine will keep running forever. The Si comes stock with suede seats and a very nice interior trim. If you plan on customizing, this is definetly your car as there is an abundance of aftermarket parts. It handles great in any weather including snow. My only gripe about the car is that its front wheel drive which does not suit my needs, but as for the average driver, absolutely excellent car.

Best Car Ever

by lovehonda from Richmond, VA on August 4, 2015

I bought my Honda civic lx new, in 2002 in California. I drove the car from CA to Virginia with 100K miles without a problem. It has more than 200K miles now, and it runs great. I plan to keep driving this car for many more years, as it seems to be better than recent Honda models.

great vehicle!

by dave10 from Youngstown, OH on September 1, 2011

I bought my 5 speed manual Civic DX new in 2002. It has been a great vehicle. I don't know why anyone wouldn't recommend it. I do my own maintenance which is a breeze. I have almost 90k with no problems other than wear and tear items (tires, battery, windshield wipers). It still has original brakes, bulbs, etc. Much better than the two previous Chevys I had. Only thing is I tilt the seat back slightly because I'm 6'5" and its more comfortable to me. And I replaced the factory stereo with a Kenwood unit. But at 38-40+ mpg. it can't be beat!

Still a joy to drive after 15 years

by Wienerdogwonder from Sioux Falls, SD on January 17, 2017

We bought our 2002 Civic EX used in 2009. We've NEVER had to have any work done on it (other than routine maintenance). It's also just fun to drive. I don't care about driving fast, or pay much attention to the performance, but it is "zippy" around town, and the shifting has remained smooth after all these years. There is a lot of road noise, and you feel the bumps in the road more than the average car (maybe I just need to update the suspension), but to my wife and I, these are minor issues, and they only add to the character of the car. We have 150,000 some miles on it, and it still runs like a champ. My biggest complaint is the radio--the clock runs slightly slow, so after a few months you have to reset it (one job, clock!), the track reverse button for the CD player has never worked since we purchased it (used), and now the forward button is beginning to be be difficult to depress. That sounds like a lot of complaining, but overall it is by far the best car I've ever owned. The quality of all the interior/exterior materials seem high, and the overall experience of driving is just plain enjoyable. We will run this one into the ground, and it might be a LONG time before that happens.

EX coupe 5-speed Best third car!

by this part is stupid.... from Denver, CO on May 14, 2010

this was my third car purchase and was not new, but new to me. I have the EX coupe, and i love my car! it handles amazingly and zips me wherever I need to get. I have a 40 mile round-trip drive to work, and I get about 36-38MPG; its wonderful. It had three previous owners, and has some dints and dings and interior wear and tear, but nothing that I wouldnt expect. I have had no maintenance problems, and it drives like a beaut. I would recommend the manual, definently gives a little more needed pick-up when you can down shift. Not the fastest car, but keeps up with the rest. I also reccomend replacing the factory stereo with a newer head unit, much improves the sound. A little bumpy on dips and pot-holes, but its low. over-all, I love my little car!

5 Stars is an understatement.

by jnsankar on July 11, 2018

The 2002 Honda Civic is more than just a car. It?s stellar reliability knocks out the competition, making it the top in its class. This vehicle is a compact car, making the performance slightly underwhelming, but still fun and easy to drive. The ?ahead of it?s time? design makes this vehicle stand out from the crowd. With a full tank of gas, a good CD, and a 2002 Honda Civic, you?ll be ready to travel the world.

I love my Civic!!!

by HondaDude from Hampton Roads, Virginia on March 22, 2014

I bought my 2002 Civic used with 137K miles! No problems at all, it's very reliable! Got the EX Coupe Red with the 5 speed and boy is it fun, slick shifter, nice handling! Seats are super comfy and trunk is big for a small coupe! it really is an amazing little car! I also have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent that is also a great vehicle, very roomy and versatile, but the Civic is more fun! I love it!

unbelievable greatest and ever relialble car

by civic lover from chicago ,il on January 16, 2012

honda civic is the best and greatest car ever made that fits the modern times and really great on gas ever I thank ,honda for making a very durable,reliable car, gas efficient car ever.

1 2 3 4 5 6