2002 Civic

2002 Honda Civic

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2002 Honda Civic?

One of the BEST cars!

by hondalover from Washington, DC on Mon Oct 03 2011

I purchased a Civic after I totaled my first car and I have to admit, this is the BEST car I have! Despite some peeling paint, I've had no maintenance trouble for the past 3 years. I highly recommend it for everyone!

PERFECTION!

by MikeYarrows from Sacramento, CA on Sat Oct 16 2010

What more could a person ask for in a car? A 2002 Civic EX is the BANG for the buck! Perfect MPG, all around good performance, comfort is great. Its not too simple yet not to complicated like most newer models of other cars such as a 2010 bmw or audi. I would recommend this car to a friend! Most definetely. On average i get 35 city and 40+ highway and this isnt even a HYBRID!

2002 Civic Si

by Sivic from Lawrenceville, NJ on Wed Apr 04 2007

One of the best values for the money. The Civic Si is probaby the best choice for anyone looking for a good mixture of performance, comfort, and reliability, while keeping the price tag down. There is a tremendous amount of space in the car, and it seats 5 people without a problem. The trunk is very spacious and will hold almost anything, and if not you can flip the rear seats down to make more room. The car itself has never failed me once (except one time when i ran out of gas) and the engine will keep running forever. The Si comes stock with suede seats and a very nice interior trim. If you plan on customizing, this is definetly your car as there is an abundance of aftermarket parts. It handles great in any weather including snow. My only gripe about the car is that its front wheel drive which does not suit my needs, but as for the average driver, absolutely excellent car.

Best Car Ever

by lovehonda from Richmond, VA on Tue Aug 04 2015

I bought my Honda civic lx new, in 2002 in California. I drove the car from CA to Virginia with 100K miles without a problem. It has more than 200K miles now, and it runs great. I plan to keep driving this car for many more years, as it seems to be better than recent Honda models.

great vehicle!

by dave10 from Youngstown, OH on Thu Sep 01 2011

I bought my 5 speed manual Civic DX new in 2002. It has been a great vehicle. I don't know why anyone wouldn't recommend it. I do my own maintenance which is a breeze. I have almost 90k with no problems other than wear and tear items (tires, battery, windshield wipers). It still has original brakes, bulbs, etc. Much better than the two previous Chevys I had. Only thing is I tilt the seat back slightly because I'm 6'5" and its more comfortable to me. And I replaced the factory stereo with a Kenwood unit. But at 38-40+ mpg. it can't be beat!

EX coupe 5-speed Best third car!

by this part is stupid.... from Denver, CO on Fri May 14 2010

this was my third car purchase and was not new, but new to me. I have the EX coupe, and i love my car! it handles amazingly and zips me wherever I need to get. I have a 40 mile round-trip drive to work, and I get about 36-38MPG; its wonderful. It had three previous owners, and has some dints and dings and interior wear and tear, but nothing that I wouldnt expect. I have had no maintenance problems, and it drives like a beaut. I would recommend the manual, definently gives a little more needed pick-up when you can down shift. Not the fastest car, but keeps up with the rest. I also reccomend replacing the factory stereo with a newer head unit, much improves the sound. A little bumpy on dips and pot-holes, but its low. over-all, I love my little car!

5 Stars is an understatement.

by jnsankar on Wed Jul 11 2018

The 2002 Honda Civic is more than just a car. It?s stellar reliability knocks out the competition, making it the top in its class. This vehicle is a compact car, making the performance slightly underwhelming, but still fun and easy to drive. The ?ahead of it?s time? design makes this vehicle stand out from the crowd. With a full tank of gas, a good CD, and a 2002 Honda Civic, you?ll be ready to travel the world.

I love my Civic!!!

by HondaDude from Hampton Roads, Virginia on Sat Mar 22 2014

I bought my 2002 Civic used with 137K miles! No problems at all, it's very reliable! Got the EX Coupe Red with the 5 speed and boy is it fun, slick shifter, nice handling! Seats are super comfy and trunk is big for a small coupe! it really is an amazing little car! I also have a 2006 Pontiac Torrent that is also a great vehicle, very roomy and versatile, but the Civic is more fun! I love it!

Very reliable car

by WSUMegs from Spokane, Washington on Mon Oct 15 2018

I previously owned a 2002 Honda Civic and just recently traded it in. I had mine 11 years and there?s not a bad thing I could say about it. It got me through 11 snowy Spokane winters (with no snow tires) and driving across the state several times and never once broke down or left me stranded. It got amazing gas mileage as well. It may have been an older car, but she was sure pretty after the car wash.

Hard to go wrong with a Honda

by Earnest Seller on Sun Jul 29 2018

Check it out for yourself! This well-cared-for Honda Civic is Top-Rated in safety, fuel-efficiency, reliability, and satisfaction. It's the perfect car for your college student, or anybody who wants peace of mind getting from A to B comfortably. Features upgraded radio/CD/USB player with equalizer, 1/8th inch jack, and remote control. Detailed to a high polish, this car is ready to drive! -Fresh oil and oil filter change -All fluids topped off, including A/C refrigerant -Tires inflated to spec -New valve cover gasket 2002 civic EX customer ratings; KBB 8.8/10 Edmunds 4.4/5 Cars.com 4.5/5 MPG: 31 city / 38 highway Horsepower: 127 hp @ 6,300 rpm Engine: 1.7 L 4-cylinder Tire size: P185/65R15 It has had only

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2002 Honda Civic

The Honda Insight has performed well.

So well, in fact, that it may disappear to make room for more Civic Hybrid gas/electric vehicles in the lineup.

"We'll see how long it continues, but Insight has a limited future. It was meant to introduce the hybrid concept and has served that purpose," Tom Elliott, executive vice president of Honda, said in an interview.

Introduced as a 2000, the two-seat Insight was Honda's hybrid pioneer and proved that the combination of gas/electric power was superior to batteries-only systems as an energy source.

Pure battery-powered electrics may emit zero emissions, but after about 100 miles of driving, the batteries needed to be plugged into a socket for... Read More