- EV range, hybrid mpg
- Roomy interior
- Ride quality
- Smooth acceleration (EV mode)
- Honda Sensing active safety features standard
- Federal tax credit up to $7,500
- Touchscreen system
- Touch-sensitive controls
- Regenerative braking controls
- Nonlinear acceleration (hybrid mode)
- Hybrid-typical awkward braking feel
- Modest range per tank of gas
Starting msrp listed lowest to highest price
- Four-door, mid-size plug-in hybrid sedan
- 1.5-liter four-cylinder gas engine
- 17-kwh battery and two motor-generators
- 212 total horsepower
- Hours to charge: 12 (120V) or 2.5 (240V)
- 6.6-kW maximum charging rate
2021 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid review: Our expert's take
What Is the 2021 Honda Clarity?
The Honda Clarity is a front-wheel-drive mid-size sedan with seating for five. Its plug-in hybrid drivetrain features a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric drive motor, and total system output is 212 horsepower. It can travel up to 47 miles on electric power alone, according to EPA estimates, and its total estimated driving range is 340 miles.
What’s New on the 2021 Honda Clarity?
There are no significant changes this year.
What Features in the 2021 Honda Clarity Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- LED headlights
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated front seats
- 60/40-split, folding backseat
- 8-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Lane-keeping assist
- Adaptive cruise control
Available features include:
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat with memory feature
- Leather-trimmed seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Should I Buy the 2021 Honda Clarity?
The Clarity is an impressive performer among eco cars, so much so that we named the 2019 model our Eco-Friendly Car of the Year. With a comparatively long all-electric driving range and a roomy, family friendly interior, the plug-in hybrid is a great choice for people who want to drive greener but aren’t ready to make the jump to a battery-electric car.
- Maximum age/mileage
HondaTrue Certified: More than 1 and less than 6 years/more than 12,000 miles HondaTrue Certified+: Less than 1 year/less than 12,000 miles
- Basic warranty terms
HondaTrue Certified: 12 months/12,000 miles HondaTrue Certified+: 24 months/50,000 miles
- Powertrain7 years/100,000 milesView all cpo program details
- Dealer certification required
- 182-point inspection
- Roadside assistance
Have questions about warranties or CPO programs?
Compare the competitors
All model years for the Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid