2016 HR-V

2016 Honda HR-V

2016 Honda HR-V

Have You Driven the 2016 Honda HR-V?

Perfect size with lots of luxury features

by MyFirstHonda from Newton, MA on Tue Sep 27 2016

9 months and 4500 miles into my HR-V EX AWD, I look forward to any excuse to drive. The features that come standard with the EX are all that I wanted plus many others I wouldn't have expected in a vehicle at this price point. I feel like I’m riding in luxury with features such as: -Keyless entry and push-button start eliminate fumbling with keys -Quiet ride: sound insulation minimizes road noise and resulting fatigue -Heated seats -Steering wheel mounted controls -Navigation function with HondaLink app -Large 7" screen -Comfortable, firm seats -Adjustable height of driver's seat -Cloth interior trim feels much more luxurious than the all-plastic interior on some other vehicles I considered -Visibility: rear headrests designed so that when lowered, they're at same height as rear seat and don't block driver's view -Safety: lane watch camera eliminates blind spot on passenger side -Cargo space: "magic seat" is brilliant -Stylish exterior with great lines. Love that it looks like a two door because of hidden rear door handle. -Better mileage than some hybrids As for lack of power mentioned in some reviews, I’ve found it to be quite peppy, agile and responsive. After realizing that I need to depress the accelerator further than I had been used to doing in previous cars, I find that there’s plenty of power to pass on the highway. Improvements I'd like to see: -More storage compartments. Console has virtually no storage space other than cupholders. Canadian version has removable cupholder inserts, not sure why US version doesn’t. -Navigation through audio menu could be better designed so that fewer steps are required -A little added height to the vehicle. I'm tall and with driver's seat raised to the highest position as I like to sit, there isn't much headroom.

pleasantly surprised

by Time to trade in SUV from on Tue Aug 23 2016

HRV is a sharp looking crossover with plenty of room and plenty of options in the EXL-Navi. Went to look at the CRV and walked out with the HRV. I'm glad I did. I was concerned with the acceleration issues I have read in reviews and unless your a race car driver there is plenty of power and it handles great. The exterior design is sporty and the interior is comfortable and roomy. For the money you are getting a really nice ride with a lot of the features you get in a more expensive vehicle. To Quote my son "it's fancy" and" real nice" .

Honda met the needs of the many...

by Arizona Macaw from Mesa, AZ on Sat Aug 29 2015

I had seen the ads for this car, I liked the way it looked but none were available until recently and I have to say, it was worth the wait. I wanted good gas mieage and great carrying capacity’Honda delivered. Honda has produced a crossover that is reasonably priced, aesthically pleasing and is extremely versatile, finally a car that is between the Fit and CR-V. We purchased the EX, smartphones have navigation and in AZ, we don't need the heat retaining leather. The interior is very good, with one exception’the trim on the doors is cloth and will get dirty quickly, Honda should have found a better material for this spot. The controls are on a panel and are very easy to use. I was apprehensive about the cockpit of this car, preferring simpler switches and dials but it works here and again, Honda did it very well. One gripe I have been reading is about the acceleration,’its not the best but this crossover isn't meant to be a speed demon, and once it does reach the required speed, the ride is smooth and pleasant. I have owned VWs, MINIs, etc. and this is my first Honda’if my satisfaction continues, it certainly wont be my last. Thanks Honda for a great vehicle!

Pretty decent, but needs improvement.

by cosmokitties from Tyler, TX on Wed Aug 23 2017

There are certain things I love about my HR-V: it's stylish, the EX-L model comes with heated seats, it is fun to drive for being an SUV and the back seats folding up the way they do makes it very easy to tote my dogs around. That being said, I think I rushed into this vehicle way too fast. I didn't take enough time to consider certain features I would want. There are no A/C vents in the back seat and the vents in the front are placed to where it is difficult to get air to the back. This doesn't work well in the 100 degree Texas weather, especially considering the A/C has already been pretty sub-par all summer. It never seems to get cool enough. Another big bummer is there is no room in the middle console. You can fit a couple of bottles of ibuprofen in it, but that's it. There are no power seats. The biggest issue is room. There is technically enough seatbelts for three people in the back, however, if you have three (small framed!) people in the back, you're gonna have a hard time. It's almost impossible and when possible, VERY uncomfortable. My last point is that the navigation system sucks, I've used it twice and it took me on such a weird route that was almost 20 minutes longer than what Google Maps had suggested.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Small SUV

by RG Gmom from Rio Grande, NJ on Sun Mar 13 2016

I had been driving a RAV4 & wanted a smaller SUV. I found the HR-V to be responsive, peppy & very stylish. I bought the EX-L version & I am very happy with all the extras i.e. leather seats, navigation system, heated seats to name a few. I really like the right turn camera. The rear window is small & with a child car seat in the back the view is even further reduced. I am very happy with my purchase.

she's a good one

by scooterhop from TN on Wed Aug 31 2016

Not the most powerful (learning to love CVT) and the seats need more lumbar support and angle adjustable headrests but she has all the features I wanted at a price I could afford.

Honda 2016 HR-V Certified Pre-Owned 15K mile

by Ontime from St. Petersburg, Fl on Tue Feb 13 2018

Reliable car in affordable price range, with decent room and flexible back seat folding options. It has a smooth ride.Limited space for "stuff" upfront like glasses, etc, with small center console. This model does not have racks on roof for carrying gear on the roof~ boards, bikes, kayaks, or the ability to hook up bike racks, without installing a tow hitch $300+, and a rack , spending $$500 or so, as the rear antenna blocks the use of all bike racks. That limits adventures, so my bike has to squeeze in the back. I was use to a Subaru that carried everything! I did not realize that when purchasing. I think that needs design change and well as the interior seat fabric. The fabric interior is not coated for spills and even stains with only water. This is the first time I have encountered that, right out of the showroom ! I bought full warranties, but that is not covered.

Honda can do better

by Paint not perfect from Columbus, Ohio on Sun Oct 08 2017

This may end a 20 year relationship with Honda. The car doesn't hold the road like my civics. It doesn't take turns well. The paint is faulty or poor quality, it has places on the hood chipped down to the bare metal and anything touching the side will remove the paint, bad form! I will not keep when the lease is up, but it will need a paint job before I turn it in, ugh.

Does not recommend this car!!

Tested and bought great Honda HRV

by Louise HRV Honda fan from Walnut Creek on Thu May 31 2018

Affordable reliable sporty uses regular gas and it’s a Honda! Loved the test drive so I bought it and drove it home! It is so reliable. And the gas mileage is great on the road!

You get more for your money

by sbatista2979 from New York on Mon Aug 27 2018

The 2016 Honda HR-V EX is my first ever car and I love it. I financed it used as of 3 weeks now of this review. It had 49,898 miles on it. The best way to compare it is, if you have driven or been a passenger of the Honda FIT, then its essentially what you receive with a few extra inches for cargo, AWD. It takes the best piece of the subcompact car while taking signature pieces from their CR-V. It has 2 12V slots, 1 in front and 1 with passengers to help with charging needs plus 2 additional 2 USB ports under the stereo consel. This really helps to alleviate fighting for the USB for charging. Bluetooth works well and is straightforward. Also in between both USB slots is an HDMI slot, ( I personally find this a waste and resources could or shouldve been applied elsewhere). This is meant to plug an to watch a movie or something on screen but the directions on how to use it is frustrating and confusing. I don’t bother. Instrument cluster is straightforward and easy to read. Transmission shifts feel like a breeze. When climbing speed it is slow and you hear the engine rev more than you feel the speed. If you are expecting the kick of a honda civic, it is not happening. The true way to feel the kick and speed and acceleration for the 4 cylinder mini beast is to shift into Standard mode and use the paddle shifters behind the steering wheel. Time your shifts properly this puppy picks speed rather quickly and you feel the wallop and propels forward. Handling is on point to the Honda Fit as said before without the size of the CR-V to become a problem in urban neighborhoods. Gas Mileage is AMAZING!!! City you get as advertised with eco mode and whatever other tricks you know how to save on gas. Highway is way more than advertised. When I drove this off the lot, first thing I did was drive to the gas station, top off and drive it home to see if I would burn any kind of gas. Turns out with some stop and go traffic and AC cranked to high I still went 45 miles before a single square was even taken off. That is literally from the dealership to my front door. Headlights are good but im changing it out for my own preference. Foglights work well. Critiques or changes: Take away the HDMI port, no one needs it or at least make it straight forward like pairing your phone. Also, some vehicles have a handy compartment in trunk on the sides to store emergency supplies like jumper cablez, or 1st aid. I would love to see that. Otherwise, this is def worth recommending. After TONS of research before getting this and driving my wife crazy for a year this is def a good first car. We will hang onto this until it dies or if our family goes past 2 kids, because like I said, no more than 2 car seats. 1 seat safely in the middle but 2 at most if placing on each side.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15

Our Take on the 2016 Honda HR-V

The 2016 Honda HR-V is a stylish mini-SUV that doesn’t skimp on passenger space or cargo versatility, but numb steering and modest four-cylinder performance detract from its driving experience.

The Honda HR-V is part of the SUV boom that’s happening now, and the biggest battleground is the fast-growing subcompact SUV class.

The HR-V is loosely related to the Honda Fit hatchback and is built in the same Mexican assembly plant. It’s nearly as wide and tall as Honda’s CR-V compact SUV but about 10 inches shorter overall. Passenger volume is similar, but the shorter HR-V has less cargo room.

Offered with front- or all-wheel drive (AWD) and a six-speed manual or continuously variable... Read More