Model Details

2005 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews

Average based on 21 reviews

Fantastic car, the best I've ever driven!

by from Lansing, MI on November 2, 2010

This car hits all the key points for an excellent all-rounder: it's superbly comfortable, extremely quiet, smooth as silk, and very powerful. The car is an absolute dream to drive day to day. I can hardly hear anything on the highway with the radio set at 10-20% volume! This car also glides over bumps like they're not there. The build quality is extremely high and shows over bumps when the car exhibits no squeaks or rattles whatsoever. The engine can never really be felt at all, ever on the coldest of starts. I am not joking, there is zero vibration transmitted to the cabin at any time, ZERO! The first time I started it up at the test drive, I had to look at the instrument cluster to make sure the car was running. I drove a Mercedes S500 for comparison's sake and I must say that this car offers the refinement of the Merc, but with the bonus of Toyota reliability. Not a thing has gone wrong with the car after owning for several months. Works just as well every single time. If you're looking for an excellent luxury car, these cars are probably the best bang for your buck, bar none. One thing I was worried about when I first looked at this car was its driving characteristics. I came from a 3 series BMW so I was used to brilliant handling. I must say that this car doesn't disappoint. The steering is very accurate and nicely weighted. Keep in mind, however, that this is still a 2 ton luxo car. With that said, the handling is quite good for a car this size. The engine really does shine. It pulls strong and smooth with power literally everywhere in the rev band. The transmission is also a gem, changing gears with an inperceptable smoothness that bests all automatics I've ever experienced. Bottom line, this car is the best of all worlds: performance, comfort, reliability, and safety. I have loved this car thus far and will continue to for many years to come. Do yourself a favor and go for a test drive!

Very reliable

by from Miami,Fl on August 2, 2007

This is by far the best luxury sedan I've owned. I'm 63 and have owned many. This is my second LS430. I've been a Cadillac STS owner 3 thimes and Mecedez owner twice. All were quality cars, but the LS is the most reliable, only oil changes and tire rotations, no mechanical issues on these cars.

Great vehicle

by from dallas, tx on August 10, 2009

What a vehicle! I've been driving it for a year now. I upgraded from my 96 LS400 that I had been driving for 5.5 years. This car is a dream. Great design, more power than you'll ever need and the luxurious look and feel that definitely turns heads. I'm addicted to Lexus reliability and performance.

Near perfection

by from Batavia Il on April 27, 2010

This is my 3rd LS and its hard to argue with perfection. Rock solid and great for highway use. Not as glitzy as a BMW but it sure is a lot more comfortable.

More features and reliability than expected

by from Del Mar, CA on July 13, 2011

I have driven a 2004 LS430 for 4 years. All I have done is change the oil. It has not had one single repair need other than replacing air filters, which I did easily myself. It's hard to believe, but I bought it with 25,000 miles on it and it now has 87,700. I have the same brake pads as when I bought it! I had been a Mercedes owner for probably 20 years before this car, and I will NEVER drive another MB. The Lexus has far exceeded the expectations I had, which were substantial, based on all the glowing reviews I had read online. The only real way to appreciate the car is to own one. I'd be writing a long time to describe all the comfort and convenience features it has. And it averages 21 mpg city and highway, mostly the latter. The designers thought of things I would never have thought of. Can't say enough good things about it.

BEST CAR MADE

by from KANSAS CITY MO on April 24, 2010

A GREAT CAR. WELL WORTH THE MONEY. AFTER ALL YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG BUYING A CAR OF THIS CALIBER! WITH A 4.3 LITER V8 GIVES YOU THAT MUSCLE WHEN YOU NEED IT. EVERYONE SHOULD BE SO FORTUNATE TO OWN A LEXUS. TRULY IN A LEAGUE BY ITSELF.

Ls430 smooth

by from Massachusetts on November 7, 2008

This car is smooth as silk. Bought used 2005 with 27,000 miles. What a dream come true. Even on the toughest corners there is no tip. I Have the custom luxury package, suede headliner, head lamp washers and door closers. Yes we need the car to close the door for us. Only one problem...It is so quiet and smooth riding you could fall asleep.

Best deal for a high end luxury sedan

by from Raytown, MO. on December 19, 2011

I love my new used Lexus LS430! My previous car was an Acura Legend coupe that I swore I would never give up. But after owning my Lexus over 3 months now I must say it is a vastly better car. It is easy to see why it retailed for $60,000 new! Leather, polished Burlwood trim, heated and cooled front seats, heated seats in the rear, voice controlled navigation and Mark Levinson sound system. Night time accent lighting in the door handles, ceiling console, and all the foot rest areas! It's like they thought of every creature comfort and then some and put it in this car. No car on the road is quieter, and the ride is so smooth. A darn near 300 horsepower V8 also makes sure this luxury cruiser is no slouch!! Will keep it as long as possible!!

Most comfortable car I've ever owned.

by from Pennsylvania on April 28, 2011

An excellent car to drive. Very reliable and smooth/comfortable drive. It is fuel efficient. Only cons: less space between driver and passenger seats.

Pure luxury

by from Portland on June 18, 2011

This car is everything you want and need. A true head turner. Powerful and responsive. This car will not let you down.