2005 LS 430

2005 Lexus LS 430

2005 Lexus LS 430

Have You Driven the 2005 Lexus LS 430?

Fantastic car, the best I've ever driven!

by Allen from Lansing, MI on Mon Nov 01 2010

This car hits all the key points for an excellent all-rounder: it's superbly comfortable, extremely quiet, smooth as silk, and very powerful. The car is an absolute dream to drive day to day. I can hardly hear anything on the highway with the radio set at 10-20% volume! This car also glides over bumps like they're not there. The build quality is extremely high and shows over bumps when the car exhibits no squeaks or rattles whatsoever. The engine can never really be felt at all, ever on the coldest of starts. I am not joking, there is zero vibration transmitted to the cabin at any time, ZERO! The first time I started it up at the test drive, I had to look at the instrument cluster to make sure the car was running. I drove a Mercedes S500 for comparison's sake and I must say that this car offers the refinement of the Merc, but with the bonus of Toyota reliability. Not a thing has gone wrong with the car after owning for several months. Works just as well every single time. If you're looking for an excellent luxury car, these cars are probably the best bang for your buck, bar none. One thing I was worried about when I first looked at this car was its driving characteristics. I came from a 3 series BMW so I was used to brilliant handling. I must say that this car doesn't disappoint. The steering is very accurate and nicely weighted. Keep in mind, however, that this is still a 2 ton luxo car. With that said, the handling is quite good for a car this size. The engine really does shine. It pulls strong and smooth with power literally everywhere in the rev band. The transmission is also a gem, changing gears with an inperceptable smoothness that bests all automatics I've ever experienced. Bottom line, this car is the best of all worlds: performance, comfort, reliability, and safety. I have loved this car thus far and will continue to for many years to come. Do yourself a favor and go for a test drive!

Very reliable

by Bob from Miami,Fl on Thu Aug 02 2007

This is by far the best luxury sedan I've owned. I'm 63 and have owned many. This is my second LS430. I've been a Cadillac STS owner 3 thimes and Mecedez owner twice. All were quality cars, but the LS is the most reliable, only oil changes and tire rotations, no mechanical issues on these cars.

BEST CAR MADE

by LEXUS GUY from KANSAS CITY MO on Sat Apr 24 2010

A GREAT CAR. WELL WORTH THE MONEY. AFTER ALL YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG BUYING A CAR OF THIS CALIBER! WITH A 4.3 LITER V8 GIVES YOU THAT MUSCLE WHEN YOU NEED IT. EVERYONE SHOULD BE SO FORTUNATE TO OWN A LEXUS. TRULY IN A LEAGUE BY ITSELF.

Best deal for a high end luxury sedan

by I'm Hooked from Raytown, MO. on Mon Dec 19 2011

I love my new used Lexus LS430! My previous car was an Acura Legend coupe that I swore I would never give up. But after owning my Lexus over 3 months now I must say it is a vastly better car. It is easy to see why it retailed for $60,000 new! Leather, polished Burlwood trim, heated and cooled front seats, heated seats in the rear, voice controlled navigation and Mark Levinson sound system. Night time accent lighting in the door handles, ceiling console, and all the foot rest areas! It's like they thought of every creature comfort and then some and put it in this car. No car on the road is quieter, and the ride is so smooth. A darn near 300 horsepower V8 also makes sure this luxury cruiser is no slouch!! Will keep it as long as possible!!

More features and reliability than expected

by upward05 from Del Mar, CA on Wed Jul 13 2011

I have driven a 2004 LS430 for 4 years. All I have done is change the oil. It has not had one single repair need other than replacing air filters, which I did easily myself. It's hard to believe, but I bought it with 25,000 miles on it and it now has 87,700. I have the same brake pads as when I bought it! I had been a Mercedes owner for probably 20 years before this car, and I will NEVER drive another MB. The Lexus has far exceeded the expectations I had, which were substantial, based on all the glowing reviews I had read online. The only real way to appreciate the car is to own one. I'd be writing a long time to describe all the comfort and convenience features it has. And it averages 21 mpg city and highway, mostly the latter. The designers thought of things I would never have thought of. Can't say enough good things about it.

Two years later, still best vehicle EVER owned

by Only a Lexus from Seattle, WA on Thu Jun 30 2016

I purchased the 2005 Lexus LS430 as used two years ago. Before me, it had just one owner who treated it VERY well not only with maintenance but just overall care of the interior. In the last 24-months, I have put over 40,000 miles with several long road trips. This car, by far, is the best car I have ever owned. Although my last car was also a Lexus (2000 GS-300), it is this one that has me now hooked on the brand. This car is not just beautiful to look at, it is amazingly comfortable to ride in for me and all my passengers. The last road trip had my wife and I driving 1,475 miles non-stop. After nearly 22 hours in the car, there was no aches and pains I am used to with lesser cars. My wife has a 2015 VW Rabbit, and there is absolutely no way we would take that car on a long drive. That car is fun to drive, but no where near as comfortable. The 2005 LS-430 we purchased has nearly all the available options. Only missing one or two (dynamic cruise control not part of package). But, even with missing a few, the luxury of this car cannot be surpassed. The Mark Levison stereo is amazing. Had an Aux cable installed (using the SAT button on radio) to listen to iPod most of the time. The sound coming out of the stereo cannot be topped. My teenage son and I love to crank the heavy metal music (Metallica, Nirvana, etc.) and we turn heads sometimes with how crisp and clear it sounds. After owning it about nine months, I hit a deer on the driver's side front headlight section in Wyoming. It crunched the hood, front grill, and side panel. However, door was able to still open and nothing was rubbing against the tires. We kept driving and I put another 3,500 miles on the car to get home and before it could get repaired. From the inside, you could barely tell it was in an accident. No affect AT ALL on driving and luxury. Other than the accident, the only mechanical work done to date is routine maintenance. Oil changes, tires, brakes, etc. I have an iPhone app that keeps track of my total cost to drive the vehicle, and with fuel, maintenance and deer repair I am averaging only $0.18 per mile. Fuel mileage is quite decent with this V8 rear-wheel drive. In fact it is better than the GS-300 that I had before. Around town I am averaging 20 or so. But once I hit the open road, I am getting up to 27mpg cruising at 75-80 mph. If you can get this car, get it. Simple as that. I see other reviews talking about outdated GPS, I have had no issues where we live. That is about it.....basically the best car I have owned to date and cannot wait to get back into it and take another road trip.

Near perfection

by 05ls430 from Batavia Il on Tue Apr 27 2010

This is my 3rd LS and its hard to argue with perfection. Rock solid and great for highway use. Not as glitzy as a BMW but it sure is a lot more comfortable.

The best! You may never need to buy another car!

by Key to the best car from Walnut Creek, CA on Thu Sep 27 2012

Buying a used car? This is the sweet spot! Go for a 2005 430 Lexus LS with all options. Has everything you need in a car and more. Bargain! And it may even out last you!

Most comfortable car I've ever owned.

by DSI from Pennsylvania on Thu Apr 28 2011

An excellent car to drive. Very reliable and smooth/comfortable drive. It is fuel efficient. Only cons: less space between driver and passenger seats.

GREAT VEHICLE

by LEXUS LOVER from North Carolina on Wed Sep 21 2011

I absolutely love EVERYTHING about my Lexus LS430. I bought it used and have put many miles on it with my 45 minute commute back and forth to work. No issues other than keeping oil change and I recently replaced the tires. You cannot go wrong with this. Definite head turner.

1 2 3 4