What Is the 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata?
The Mazda MX-5 Miata is powered by a 181-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that works with a standard six-speed manual or optional six-speed automatic transmission. The base, rear-wheel-drive two-seater comes with a standard manual-folding soft-top, while the nifty-but-pricey RF model has a power-folding retractable hardtop; with the top up, this gives the Miata the look of a sporty coupe. The MX-5 competes with the Toyota GR 86 and Subaru BRZ.
What’s New on the 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata?
A new Kinematic Posture Control system aims to improve cornering performance by selectively applying the inside rear brake in turns.
What Features in the 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata Are Most Important?
Standard features include:
- 16-inch black alloy wheels
- LED headlights and taillights
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 7-inch touchscreen multimedia system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone connectivity
- Low-speed automatic emergency braking
- Lane departure warning
- Blind spot warning with rear cross-traffic alert
Available features include:
- 17-inch BBS forged wheels
- Retractable hardtop
- Limited-slip differential
- Bilstein shocks
- Brembo front brakes
- Bose premium stereo
- Recaro sport seats
- Heated seats
- Leather-trimmed seats
- Automatic air conditioning
Should I Buy the 2022 Mazda MX-5 Miata?
If you can afford nearly $29,000 for a highly impractical car, go for it. The MX-5 Miata is thrilling to drive, and it doesn’t demand a big financial outlay when it’s time to refuel. Taller car shoppers, however, take note: The cabin is a tight fit if you’re above-average height. The trunk is also tiny; a pair of soft-sided bags for a weekend getaway will max it out.