2007 Eclipse

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

I love my car!

by Spyder Lover from Dallas on October 2, 2009

I leased this car in May 07 and Im enjoying it so much that I decided to purchase it after almost three years.

nice car - but. . .

by My car critic from Carrollton, TX on December 13, 2007

I purchased the Eclipse - GT in March 2007. I really like it so far, but the brakes were already squeeling at only 10K miles. I took it to Mitsubishi dealership and the dealership replaced the brake pads right away. They said they are switching out the brake pad brands due to their reliability and squeeling sounds. So, if you own one, and have the same problem, take it to the dealership before the 12K brake warranty is up. Other owner is right about the inside of car - gets scraped up VERY easily. Only time will tell if this is reliable like a Toyota or Honda. I do like the 5 year warranty.

It really IS the "affordable exotic"

by amfh from Dallas, Texas on February 12, 2008

Bought my 2007 Spyder in July 06, after considering BMW 3 Series, Solara, Mustang, couple others. I'd wanted a fun convertible since my hubby bought his BMW M Roadster in 2000 :-). I wanted something with 4 seats, though. I crossed the BMW off the list after considering that as soon as the 4 year warranty expired on my husband's car, many, many things (expensive things!) went wrong with his...Solara didn't come with a manual transmission option, so that was off. Mustang? I don't know, just too...common. Anyway, after much research, I settled on the Spyder despite the serious torque steer on the test drive model (the bigger wheels fixed that, though)- and got the GT 6 speed loaded with everything except pinstripes and some kind of light kit for the bottom. The back seat is not really practical for adults, but smaller folks and kids would do fine. Anyway, having the back seat, small or not, has been extremely convenient overall. One other negative is the serious blind spot in the rear with the top up, but I drive my car with the top down in non-rainy weather above 45 degrees anyway, so it hasn't been a terrible problem. If I do have the top up, I am v-e-r-y careful backing up. The turning radius is not the best for so small a car, but, you learn to plan for that. Now....having gotten all the bad stuff out of the way, I love this car! Yes, it turns heads. Yes, it's fast. Yes, the top system is fantastic (no issues at all with that yet). Yes, the sound system is great (I haven't had any trouble with my CD system as another mentioned). It is just so much fun to drive, that I almost regret my telecommunting job where I have to work from home - I look for excuses to go somewhere! Admittedly, I have only 6K miles on it and will have had it 2 years in just 5 more months, so perhaps I will experience more trouble after it ages a bit. Whatever! I have a 10 year warranty. Overall, this is a fun, fun car and I don't regret my decision - in fact, I applaud my decision every time I go somewhere in my Spyder!

Middle Age Crisis

by Headhunter60188 from Chicago on March 27, 2008

When I wanted a performance-focused car I balanced my urge against fiscal wisdom. At less than 30k the Spyder (GT 6 cyl) gave me a handsome car with serious performance. It's power is enough to excite - it handles well - and it is all that I had hoped.

Love this Car!

by Car girl from Boston, MA on May 15, 2007

I've had the eclipse spyder for almost a year and I love it. The look is awesome and even the gas mileage for the 4 Cyl is pretty good. If you love sporty cars you'll love this one, especially the sunset orange color!! There isn't a ton of room in the back but for short distances it's not too bad for the smaller of the 3 or 4 to sit. The back seat has a curve in it to allow a little more leg room. Also this car handled surprisingly well in the winter time. This car handled better than my 2004 VW Passat in the snow!

Definately purchase this car!!!

by onehoteclipse from Lancaster, PA on August 6, 2011

I purchased my 2007 mitsubishi eclipse gs about 3 months ago. I love it!!! It gets a lot of attention on the road a head turner. The interior (plastic) is a little cheap but that's the only thing that I found was a con...which if you take good care of your car you shouldn't have any worries. It drives excellent and gets awesome gas mileage... this is a very awesome car and I am so glad i purchased. Best sports car out there !

Best Choice

by Daniellia from Montgomery al on May 1, 2011

I was looking for another sports car, and I chose this one and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it... The body style the color, it was the best chose...

Beautiful car to drive and look at......

by Coolbreeze from Concord California on July 14, 2013

Just purchased a 2007 Eclipse and am blown away by its looks and performance. The 4 cylinder is crazy powerful and I love to drive it. Once owned a 2004 Ford Mustang GT and I actually like this car more. I have no complaints at all. You dont see alot of them on the road, so if you find one for sale, BUY IT!............

07 Spyder Eclipse

by 07Spyder owner from Fresno, California on July 28, 2006

The exterior style is awesome! Nice looking vehicle, but not worth the money. I've purchased my car in May 06 and have had problems with the convertible top. The velcro/adhesive is coming apart! The CD player is not user friendly, problems ejecting CDs has been replaced once, and going into the shop for repair again!

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car!

by EclipseOwner from on December 12, 2011

I bought 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse a few months ago and so far I absolutely love it. Very peppy for a 4 cyl and pretty good on gas. It's loaded with features and the sound system is awesome! No problems whatsoever. I'd recommend this car to anyone. Only downside to this car is the back seat. There's no legroom and my head literally touches the ceiling when I sit back there and I'm not very tall. If you're looking for a family car with room for the kids, this car is not for you. But if you want something sporty and fun, then I would definitely recommend it.

1 2 3 4 5 6