Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2007 Eclipse

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

4.5

Have You Driven the 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse?

nice car - but. . .

by My car critic from Carrollton, TX on Thu Dec 13 2007

I purchased the Eclipse - GT in March 2007. I really like it so far, but the brakes were already squeeling at only 10K miles. I took it to Mitsubishi dealership and the dealership replaced the brake pads right away. They said they are switching out the brake pad brands due to their reliability and squeeling sounds. So, if you own one, and have the same problem, take it to the dealership before the 12K brake warranty is up. Other owner is right about the inside of car - gets scraped up VERY easily. Only time will tell if this is reliable like a Toyota or Honda. I do like the 5 year warranty.

Middle Age Crisis

by Headhunter60188 from Chicago on Thu Mar 27 2008

When I wanted a performance-focused car I balanced my urge against fiscal wisdom. At less than 30k the Spyder (GT 6 cyl) gave me a handsome car with serious performance. It's power is enough to excite - it handles well - and it is all that I had hoped.

It really IS the "affordable exotic"

by amfh from Dallas, Texas on Tue Feb 12 2008

Bought my 2007 Spyder in July 06, after considering BMW 3 Series, Solara, Mustang, couple others. I'd wanted a fun convertible since my hubby bought his BMW M Roadster in 2000 :-). I wanted something with 4 seats, though. I crossed the BMW off the list after considering that as soon as the 4 year warranty expired on my husband's car, many, many things (expensive things!) went wrong with his...Solara didn't come with a manual transmission option, so that was off. Mustang? I don't know, just too...common. Anyway, after much research, I settled on the Spyder despite the serious torque steer on the test drive model (the bigger wheels fixed that, though)- and got the GT 6 speed loaded with everything except pinstripes and some kind of light kit for the bottom. The back seat is not really practical for adults, but smaller folks and kids would do fine. Anyway, having the back seat, small or not, has been extremely convenient overall. One other negative is the serious blind spot in the rear with the top up, but I drive my car with the top down in non-rainy weather above 45 degrees anyway, so it hasn't been a terrible problem. If I do have the top up, I am v-e-r-y careful backing up. The turning radius is not the best for so small a car, but, you learn to plan for that. Now....having gotten all the bad stuff out of the way, I love this car! Yes, it turns heads. Yes, it's fast. Yes, the top system is fantastic (no issues at all with that yet). Yes, the sound system is great (I haven't had any trouble with my CD system as another mentioned). It is just so much fun to drive, that I almost regret my telecommunting job where I have to work from home - I look for excuses to go somewhere! Admittedly, I have only 6K miles on it and will have had it 2 years in just 5 more months, so perhaps I will experience more trouble after it ages a bit. Whatever! I have a 10 year warranty. Overall, this is a fun, fun car and I don't regret my decision - in fact, I applaud my decision every time I go somewhere in my Spyder!

Best Choice

by Daniellia from Montgomery al on Sun May 01 2011

I was looking for another sports car, and I chose this one and I love it. I haven't had any problems with it... The body style the color, it was the best chose...

Love this Car!

by Car girl from Boston, MA on Tue May 15 2007

I've had the eclipse spyder for almost a year and I love it. The look is awesome and even the gas mileage for the 4 Cyl is pretty good. If you love sporty cars you'll love this one, especially the sunset orange color!! There isn't a ton of room in the back but for short distances it's not too bad for the smaller of the 3 or 4 to sit. The back seat has a curve in it to allow a little more leg room. Also this car handled surprisingly well in the winter time. This car handled better than my 2004 VW Passat in the snow!

Beautiful car to drive and look at......

by Coolbreeze from Concord California on Sun Jul 14 2013

Just purchased a 2007 Eclipse and am blown away by its looks and performance. The 4 cylinder is crazy powerful and I love to drive it. Once owned a 2004 Ford Mustang GT and I actually like this car more. I have no complaints at all. You dont see alot of them on the road, so if you find one for sale, BUY IT!............

Definately purchase this car!!!

by onehoteclipse from Lancaster, PA on Sat Aug 06 2011

I purchased my 2007 mitsubishi eclipse gs about 3 months ago. I love it!!! It gets a lot of attention on the road a head turner. The interior (plastic) is a little cheap but that's the only thing that I found was a con...which if you take good care of your car you shouldn't have any worries. It drives excellent and gets awesome gas mileage... this is a very awesome car and I am so glad i purchased. Best sports car out there !

Great car!

by EclipseOwner from on Mon Dec 12 2011

I bought 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse a few months ago and so far I absolutely love it. Very peppy for a 4 cyl and pretty good on gas. It's loaded with features and the sound system is awesome! No problems whatsoever. I'd recommend this car to anyone. Only downside to this car is the back seat. There's no legroom and my head literally touches the ceiling when I sit back there and I'm not very tall. If you're looking for a family car with room for the kids, this car is not for you. But if you want something sporty and fun, then I would definitely recommend it.

Good choice in a limited field

by summer fun car from WI on Fri Mar 25 2011

when it comes to affordable convertibles with room for the kid(s) in back, this is a great choice. bought a used gt 6spd last yr, only drive in summer. engine is strong, man trans above avg, handling avg, interior plastic is cheap (its no honda), top operation is great, stereo is good - but should be better w/ 650watts. little concered about disappearing dealerships if repair needed. glad it has been discot'd to make it more rare. it's a heavy car, others are faster, but you wont care with the top down and stereo turned up. enjoy the suntan!

loved my orange convertible!

by cabbieclo from hyde park ny on Tue May 23 2017

i loved this car - it was my daily driver. i bought it in 2009 (it's a 2007) with 45k miles on it and i sold it in 2017 with 105k miles on it -- had no problems with it in the 8 years i had it -- it was orange and a beauty! i only got rid of it because it was ten years old and the hood paint was starting to fade. hardly any maintenance done on it. not bad in the snow when the tires were new.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse

The recent 100-degree-plus weather over much of the country has made it too hot for convertibles at times.

But even with the top up, the all-new, 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder ragtop is fun to drive. And when it's cool enough or the sun isn't so high in the sky, the Spyder is even more fun with the top down.

That's especially true for the uplevel GT version that we tested (base price $28,269 plus $625 freight), which comes with a 260-horsepower, 3.8-liter V-6 engine and six-speed manual transmission. That's 98 horsepower more than you get with the four-cylinder engine of the base GS version ($25,389 plus freight), which comes with a five-speed manual.

Mitsubishi says the V-6 engine and six-speed gearbox... Read More